Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm backing Robbo and Trent

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Nice interview here with Trent, now Jurgen just needs to start getting Robbo to put the ball in the damned net on all those occasions he finds himself in the channel between their RB and RCB with the opportunity to shoot

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/386186-trent-alexander-arnold-jurgen-klopp-passion
    True robbo should score a few
    How do they compare?

Passes
    (+ completed)
    Crosses
    Shots
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    True robbo should score a few
    How do they compare?

Passes
    (+ completed)
    Crosses
    Shots
    Trent ahead on most except for win backs in the opposition half, however, as we play means the channel between LB and LCB is almost always closed for Trent so he doesn't get the same amount of opportunities to score or get in positions to as Robbo, there are quite a few games in which Robbo has at least 1 and often 2 good opportunities because on his side the channel between RB and RCB is usually open and opportunities he could create himself with a great touch out of feet and sudden burst of acceleration to get himself in those positions also. When he's in these positions he needs to assume the role of a forward and start burying it, he mostly looks a little like he doesn't know what to do, when he's incredibly decisive everywhere else on the pitch and then belatedly looks for someone to square the ball to, but those lines are normally always blocked.

A certain amount of football is down to percentages, when he finds himself in those positions a low drive absolutely smashed for the bottom right hand corner will almost certainly bring us more goals, Robbo will either beat the keeper, or the keeper will save and it will fall for Salah or Bobby to fire home, especially if Robbo shapes as though he's going near post bottom or top corner and adjusts his technique at the last split second to smash it low into the far bottom right corner.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Old Trent was a decent midfielder back in the day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTxz-w8Dsbk

Been slacking off on the assists a little of late I thought both were excellent today, I did note something I've been waiting to see for a while, there were 3 or 4 occasions in which Mo, Keita or Hendo tried to open the LB/LCB channel up for Trent to shoot through or burst through with the ball, THAT was a very exciting development, because that channel is nearly almost always closed as we have played all last season and this season to date.

I thought Robbo's link up and supporting runs were very good again today and it was great to see him attempt an absolutely drilled shot from between their RB and RCB even if their lad did block it. I think Robbo will add more goals to his game from those positions.

They're both absolutely top class, but they both have the potential to be a lot better too which is also incredibly exciting, I think Robbo will start chipping in with goals or shots across the keeper to the bottom right corner that will end up as an assist from their keeper's save or parry. Whipping it in early from deeper is something I think Robbo will also develop and the icing on the cake would be him nailing the technique and vision to whip it in early with an quick up and down ball, lifting over their RCB in behind their LCB, fuck, that really would be something in this side.

Trent, well, if there's work going on to open that channel between LB and LCB for him to shoot through, burst through with the ball or make runs infield from wide positions in behind the full back to be played in through that channel, we'll all need to strap up, put on our seat belts and get ready to enjoy the ride, the potential there is absolutely incredible

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Old Trent was a decent midfielder back in the day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTxz-w8Dsbk
    Trent must of been 14 or 15 back then as it was 6 or 7 years ago playing for the under 18s.
    How I know is my nephew is in the clips were trent is playing Blackburn.

Time to get those assists flowing again, got to fancy Trent getting at least one from a corner tonight

2 more very fine assists from Trent tonight, it was great to see him reacting the way he did, I wrote before the game that with Hendo out and Fabinho back at No6 I thought it might be more scrappy, we wouldn't be as fluid in releasing our full backs and forwards in the positions we had been doing through distribution from No6, our press wouldn't be as good and we'd have more defending to do as a result and so it proved, in terms of rising to that challenge and being focused and aware and fighting with every thing he had and being ready when the more scrappy situations meant an opportunity to affect the game came his way, Trent was absolutely superb

Another assist for Robbo for Mo's superbly disguised double nutmeg scuff shot

Robbo too reacted really well in picking up the pieces from the more scruffy and less fluent affair I had anticipated, there were lots of times he could have put in a low curling first time cross behind their defence from a little deeper and didn't, he frequently has the ball come back to him when he's in a perfect position to do that and doesn't, i'd like to see him put that ball in, at least some of the time

I thought both full backs were excellent v West Ham, they really took hold of the game, driving forward with the ball, I particularly liked the adjustment they made because in the last couple of months they'd been making their runs from deep into space and being picked out expertly, but that wasn't happening in the last 2 games, so they took responsibility and made it work themselves, the only switches of play we had v West Ham were from one full back to the other, or from Virgil from LCB, Joe tried a few right to left that didn't quite come off, hopefully he'll be more successful next time out, we had no switches or even centre to left or right balls all game from midfield on Monday.

One thing they did twice on Monday that I also loved was a switch to each other in the oppositions final third, that could be very effective in a lot of games, maybe particularly effective v Atletico, because of their low block of four and narrow back four, they'll all be moving into the box for the cross and get even narrower, if it's then played over them to the opposite full back they're deep in their box and we have players in there with very good movement who will have reacted to be in better positions first because they're expecting it when the opposition aren't

Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Great article Justin.

Trent is the most valuable defender in world football.

Worlds most expensive back 4 right now:

TAA(£99) Varane(£72) VVD(£90) Robbo (£72)