Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm backing Robbo and Trent

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    We've a good defensive record and it's not like our goals conceded are his fault.
    Oh yeah, for sure - not all of them at least. Though he gets beaten too often and too easily in one v ones for my liking.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Great article Justin.

Trent is the most valuable defender in world football.

Worlds most expensive back 4 right now:

TAA(£99) Varane(£72) VVD(£90) Robbo (£72)
    Imagine we had Varane - still only 26 - oh Lordy.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Imagine we had Varane - still only 26 - oh Lordy.
    Imagine having the 'world's most expensive defense' who can't defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    We have conceded 17 in the League?

Is the comment aimed at our attacking full-backs or are you not a fan of Varane?

Come on man. You know that's a horrible way to read what people are saying about him.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    We have conceded 17 in the League?

Is the comment aimed at our attacking full-backs or are you not a fan of Varane?
    It's aimed at people who think Trent can't defend. He clearly can otherwise Kitten wouldn't pick him and we wouldn't have had so many clean sheets. There's only so much that VvD and Alisson can do, there has to be 3 other guys on close to their level to make such a good defensive unit.

It's aimed at people who think Trent can't defend. He clearly can otherwise Kitten wouldn't pick him and we wouldn't have had so many clean sheets. There's only so much that VvD and Alisson can do, there has to be 3 other guys on close to their level to make such a good defensive unit.
    This!

You’ll concede goals, it’s just the manner in which we do. Trent may allow a cross to come in, but he has the likes of VVD to defend.

Gomez has been caught napping a few times recently....

Is there really only so much they can do? The best CB in the world, quite possibly the best goalie in the world and quite possible the best LB in the world, all complimented by a very good other CB (Matip and Gomez are both excellent imo) + a great DM and an energetic right sided midfielder with a lot of experience and defensive ability.

Yeah, even if TAA was the worst defender in the league, I'd wager we'd still be half decent defensively, and he' clearly not that bad.

What is your problem with people pointing out obvious deficiencies in our players? Supporting someone doesn't mean mindlessly parroting how they're the best thing sliced bread and can do no wrong; how they're perfect the way they are. We're all adults here, we're all capable of nuanced thought.

Edit: I think Doc has just demonstrated that extremely well.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Why did my phone chose to spell check Klopp as kitten 😂

I have no idea what Robbo's apologising for, shit happens sometimes and our plans for the personnel we had available weren't good and while they did have numerous chances against us on the break, we defended most of it well and no-one could have predicted (well they probably could have tbf) Lovren would have one of his brain fart days.

If Robbo had drilled his chance across the keeper to the bottom right hand corner as I keep saying he should, we'd have taken a 1-0 lead, they'd have had to come out and we probably win that game anyway

The lesson we need to learn is not to make plans to play as we did with a playmaker and to play with what we have on the pitch

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/388858-andy-robertson-we-can-only-apologise-and-bounce-back

I'm pretty sure none of us gave a flying fuck about going unbeaten in the league all season and the reaction I want to see is a plan from Jurgen and the staff to play as well as we possibly can without a playmaker and Robbo, Trent, Virgil and Matip or Gomez will all have a big part to play in that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”