Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm backing Robbo and Trent

Was it Souey who said they are as if not more important than our front 3? The way we play its imperative that we have 2 full backs who are world class as crossing, not sure out back up fullbacks can do that (Milner can but not sure about our left back backup).

Er...Milner

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Er...Milner
    Do you mean left back or right back? It's the cross from their natural side I'm talking about. Neco Williams did it for the equaliser against Arsenal but he's still raw even though he's doing really well for the U23's.

Not particularly, it was just a flippant reply to the point that you weren’t too sure about our left back back up.

Not particularly, it was just a flippant reply to the point that you weren’t too sure about our left back back up.
    So who are our back ups? Playing Milner at left back will slow down our game as he would need to cut back on to his right foot to play the kind of quality cross we need (he's okay with his left but doesn't whip it in with the pace, power and precision that we need).

Is Robbo the best bit of business we have done?? Whoda thought he would be this good? World class left back and great attitude!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Is Robbo the best bit of business we have done?? Whoda thought he would be this good? World class left back and great attitude!
    In terms of costs its him and Trent as best business. Both the most valuable players in their current positions in world football. Robbo 8million, Trent a phenomenal addition from the youth setup and city.
    Last edited by CCTV; 20th November 2019 at 05:28 PM.

I will never forget the image of Trent walking all the way around the edge of the pitch when all the players had gone off, applauding the crowd as he went.
    Local hero, absolutely fantastic for the club to have him having lost Gerrard.

I will never forget the image of Trent walking all the way around the edge of the pitch when all the players had gone off, applauding the crowd as he went.
    Local hero, absolutely fantastic for the club to have him having lost Gerrard.
    Me neither, what a special moment for him and the matchday supporters. Seems to have a great head on his shoulders.
    I find it hard to settle on my favourite player in the current team, Trent ranks very highly in my considerations, especially given his age. It's a tough choice

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    In terms of costs its him and Trent as best business. Both the most valuable players in their current positions in world football. Robbo 8million, Trent a phenomenal addition from the youth setup and city.
    It was basically a swap for Kevin Stewart.

We've been exceptional in the transfer market in the last 3 or 4 years. Our big signings have mostly worked and we've got some silly numbers for some of our fringe players.

£12m for Ward
    £8m for Stewart
    £15 for Ibe
    £20m for Ings
    £20m for Solanke
    £28m for Benteke
    £25 for Sakho
    £14m for Allen

Phenomenal.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side