Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Score predictions week 34 results and the final standings

Score predictions week 34 results and the final standings

Week 34 results

Nineteenx (guest) = 8 points (1 perfect score and 4 correct results)

CCTV = 7 points (1 perfect score and 4 correct results)

Noods = 7 points (7 correct results)

Ianlfc = 6 points (2 perfect scores)

Skyebo = 6 points (1 perfect score and 3 correct results)

Southernboy = 5 points (5 correct results)

Charliev = 4 points (4 correct results)

Kev0909 = 4 points (4 correct results)

Redebrek = 3 points (3 correct results)

HLOGI = 3 points (3 correct results)

Murii = 2 points (2 correct results)

With everything still to play for going into the final week, it should come as no surprise that the top scorer was one of those with 'nothing to play for'. Nineteenx top scored with 8 points (1 perfect score and 5 correct results), though the week's 'official' winners with 7 points apiece were yours truly and CCTV, with Ianlfc and Skyebo just a point behind. Another mixed bag of results this week meant that many found it hard to get any scores spot on, though Ianlfc possibly has the distinction of getting not one, but two perfect scores with no other correct results, something that may be the one and only time that's happened in this inaugural season.

Final standings

1st Noods = 279

2nd Ianlfc = 271

3rd Skyebo = 257

4th Southernboy

5th Redebrek = 248

6th Charliev = 239 (6th by virtue of starting late and having the best weekly score)

7th CCTV = 239

8th Kev0909 = 238

9th Murii = 233

10th HLOGI = 229

11th Dicko = 94

Champion

RedNoodle

CL Qualifiers

Ianlfc

Skyebo

Southernboy

EL Qualifiers

Redebrek

Charliev

CCTV

Performance of the season

Murii = 15 points (4 perfect scores and 3 correct results - Week 3)

Charliev = 15 points (4 perfect scores and 3 correct results - Week 7)

So the final week has come and gone, and now that the dust has settled It gives me great pleasure (not really) to crown myself (ooo-er missus) the inaugural 'LFC Online Prediction League' champion. Ianlfc pilled on the pressure towards the end of the season, but he simply ran out of weeks to claw back the lead that I somehow managed to build up.

Elsewhere Skyebo did indeed secure third place as I suggested in last week's thread, but just bellow him Redebrek had a bad week at the worst possible time and he was pipped to the last CL place by one point as Southernboy gained the two points over him that he needed. Southernboy was 'desperate' for CL 'footy' next season, and by the skin of his teeth he's managed it.

As for the EL spots, Redebrek will be joining the likes of Charliev and CCTV in 6th and 7th respectively who both finished on the same number of points, with Charliev finishing in 6th via his better top score and him joining the league in week 4. Had he be around from the start it's quite likely that he would have bagged himself a CL spot. He can however console himself with being the joint winner (along with Murii) of the 'Performance of the season' award. Both top scored with 15 points (4 perfect scores and 3 correct results), with Murii achieving this in week 3, and Charliev in week 7.

So that concludes the inaugural 'LFC Online Score Predictions' league. I hope all those who played along enjoyed it. If people still want it, I'll do the same next season, though this time I'll make sure that there is plenty of time for people to sign up. "The more the merrier" as they say. I'll also think about introducing some side competitions for the cups, that is of course if people want them. I'll draft up some ideas/rules, which I'll post so that people can comment on them and make any suggestions if they think something could be better implemented.

I'm off to celebrate my victory with a cup of tea and a few biscuits. It's nice and all, but I'd gladly swap all this 'glory' for a reason to celebrate on Jun 1st 2019.

YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Week 34 results

Nineteenx (guest) = 8 points (1 perfect score and 4 correct results)

CCTV = 7 points (1 perfect score and 4 correct results)

Noods = 7 points (7 correct results)

Ianlfc = 6 points (2 perfect scores)

Skyebo = 6 points (1 perfect score and 3 correct results)

Southernboy = 5 points (5 correct results)

Charliev = 4 points (4 correct results)

Kev0909 = 4 points (4 correct results)

Redebrek = 3 points (3 correct results)

HLOGI = 3 points (3 correct results)

Murii = 2 points (2 correct results)

With everything still to play for going into the final week, it should come as no surprise that the top scorer was one of those with 'nothing to play for'. Nineteenx top scored with 8 points (1 perfect score and 5 correct results), though the week's 'official' winners with 7 points apiece were yours truly and CCTV, with Ianlfc and Skyebo just a point behind. Another mixed bag of results this week meant that many found it hard to get any scores spot on, though Ianlfc possibly has the distinction of getting not one, but two perfect scores with no other correct results, something that may be the one and only time that's happened in this inaugural season.

Final standings

1st Noods = 279

2nd Ianlfc = 271

3rd Skyebo = 257

4th Southernboy

5th Redebrek = 248

6th Charliev = 239 (6th by virtue of starting late and having the best weekly score)

7th CCTV = 239

8th Kev0909 = 238

9th Murii = 233

10th HLOGI = 229

11th Dicko = 94

Champion

RedNoodle

CL Qualifiers

Ianlfc

Skyebo

Southernboy

EL Qualifiers

Redebrek

Charliev

CCTV

Performance of the season

Murii = 15 points (4 perfect scores and 3 correct results - Week 3)

Charliev = 15 points (4 perfect scores and 3 correct results - Week 7)

So the final week has come and gone, and now that the dust has settled It gives me great pleasure (not really) to crown myself (ooo-er missus) the inaugural 'LFC Online Prediction League' champion. Ianlfc pilled on the pressure towards the end of the season, but he simply ran out of weeks to claw back the lead that I somehow managed to build up.

Elsewhere Skyebo did indeed secure third place as I suggested in last week's thread, but just bellow him Redebrek had a bad week at the worst possible time and he was pipped to the last CL place by one point as Southernboy gained the two points over him that he needed. Southernboy was 'desperate' for CL 'footy' next season, and by the skin of his teeth he's managed it.

As for the EL spots, Redebrek will be joining the likes of Charliev and CCTV in 6th and 7th respectively who both finished on the same number of points, with Charliev finishing in 6th via his better top score and him joining the league in week 4. Had he be around from the start it's quite likely that he would have bagged himself a CL spot. He can however console himself with being the joint winner (along with Murii) of the 'Performance of the season' award. Both top scored with 15 points (4 perfect scores and 3 correct results), with Murii achieving this in week 3, and Charliev in week 7.

So that concludes the inaugural 'LFC Online Score Predictions' league. I hope all those who played along enjoyed it. If people still want it, I'll do the same next season, though this time I'll make sure that there is plenty of time for people to sign up. "The more the merrier" as they say. I'll also think about introducing some side competitions for the cups, that is of course if people want them. I'll draft up some ideas/rules, which I'll post so that people can comment on them and make any suggestions if they think something could be better implemented.

I'm off to celebrate my victory with a cup of tea and a few biscuits. It's nice and all, but I'd gladly swap all this 'glory' for a reason to celebrate on Jun 1st 2019.

YNWA
    Well done on winning it Noods, and a big thank you for setting it up.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Firstly, congratulations noods as champion and for the work you've put in over the season.

Secondly, I'd like to state I do not accept 7th place and will forever refer to this as a tied for sixth place season. You've simply made up the metrics as you've gone along and I find it contemptible. (Nevermind the poor scoring system) It's not my fault we've a few pogbas in the league who can't be arsed playing for an entire season.
    Much like the tots pogba is rewarded for being a bit part player.

Overall I'm very dissapointed to finish amongst the dross. Granted most of these didn't compete most weeks which makes my own performance even worse. A hard summer or reflection and training my mind awaits.

In my defense the premier league is full of a bunch of dishonest teams who dont try hard enough against city. It seems theyd rather live in a world of fake facts than grab reality by the horns and see what they could achieve themselves. Even United would rather play in the el than the cl so long as their city rivals win the league.

At least I finished above Murii. Him and now Charliev are my grudge opponents for next season. Thanks alot Noods

Congratulations Noods ó itís an omen.

Personally Iím over the moon to grab the final Champions League place. I showed a lot of character in the run in.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Congratulations Noods — it’s an omen.

Personally I’m over the moon to grab the final Champions League place. I showed a lot of character in the run in.
    You sure did. You finished on 249 points by the way. I'm not sure what happened to your score on the actual table.

Congratulations Noods and well done for running it throughout the season.
    For the Champions League (forecasting), the scoring method is a bit different. Do you think it might be worth looking at using that in the Premier League next season if you decide to run it? Doesn't really matter TBH but it gives a bit of variety.
    Congratulations again, hope your health improves!

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Congratulations Noods and well done for running it throughout the season.
    For the Champions League (forecasting), the scoring method is a bit different. Do you think it might be worth looking at using that in the Premier League next season if you decide to run it? Doesn't really matter TBH but it gives a bit of variety.
    Congratulations again, hope your health improves!
    I couldn't even tell you how either one works regarding the points system.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I couldn't even tell you how either one works regarding the points system.
    My system was/is fairly straightforward. You got one point if you correctly guessed the result of a match, and you got three points if you got the exact scoreline. CCTV had a different points allocation and he also gave points for getting the goal difference right e.g. if you predicted 2-0 and the match ended 3-1 you got points for the GD (2) being the same. Personally I thought it confused things too much.

As I said earlier, I'll go away and have a think about the rules and format(s) for next season, but if people have their own ideas or prefer one system of scoring over another, they should let me know. I've always preferred things to be relatively simple.

6th-8th was very close damn me for missing a week and a few games

Been fun doing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    6th-8th was very close damn me for missing a week and a few games

Been fun doing it though.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. Should I pencil you in for next season?