Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Thread: The Mancs obsession with Liverpool

The Mancs obsession with Liverpool

oh dear, what a muppet

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/05/18/man-city-fan-on-liverpool-and-salah-video/

Very funny, they're well rattled, we'll have to increase that by beating City every single time we play them for the next several years, starting by thrashing them in the Charity SHield

We were better than them this season and moving forward I think we'll easily go past them, one thing I think will make a big difference is our full backs, they're both going to get better and better and are already much better than City's, think that's why that idiot Mendy's always going off on one, brought in for a massive fee thinking he was the shit, then Andy Robertson bought for just 8m makes him look the second rate fraudster he is
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I have just seen this bless him with his little plastic flag.

If he is that angry at a treble i'd hate to have seen him in the days of Royle/Horton/Pearce.

The comments are quality on twitter as well.

I think they're getting well rattled because despite all the money City have spent, after the 2017-2018 season they thought it was job done, dominance guaranteed for a decade, everyone knows we were better than City this season, including the City fans, they also know in the last third of this season teams were wising up on how to play against them and that when teams get that right their full backs are severely lacking in the attacking quality ability they need to contribute to make the difference, so right now, we're public enemy number 1, how dare we conform to FFP rules and construct a team better than theirs

Next season we have to continue our improvement, we have to knock City down in the dirt at every single opportunity, while consistently winning our other games, starting in the Charity shield, win the Premier League next season and I really hope we knock them out of the Champions League again too, it will be fantastic.

I like having competition, the league would be incredibly boring if you could just stroll two thirds of your games and the opposition didn't bother showing up, I like the challenge Jurgen and our players have of trying to overcome City and the enormous strides they've made towards doing just that already, it's a great challenge to have and to overcome a team with such a massive financial advantage whose current manager got to bring in 18 first team players in 2 seasons for over 500 million would just be a fantastic achievement

They know when we play them next season. we wont fear them.. We just need to get back to playing our expansive quick attacking style. Their back line wont be able to cope..I thought we were a bit defensive in the home game last season, But that was early on in the season. We shouldn't fear them at all now.
    Leader of all..master of none..

We've been brilliant so far this season, but there's still a hell of a lot more to come, remember we're still looking for a top class midfield playmaker, a top class CF and we will also have Ox with a full pre season under his belt and Keita who only clicked and fitted right in for our last 6 or 7 games

Speaking of the Mancs, I think it's pretty funny that their fanbase always hit us with the "obsessed with History" stick, only for their club to go and put the time of Solskjaer's goal on their actual kit for the coming season.

As for City, I do still think they'll win the League in 19/20 as they just have such ridiculous quality in depth, but who knows.

Main thing is for them to falter in the Champion's League again - brings them one step closer to them getting rid of Guardiola and I think, whatever you think of him, most Managers would struggle to top his points totals in their League campaigns.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I'm not bothered about how much money City have. What concerns me is how long Guardiola is going to be there. They won the league with Mancini and Pellegrini but neither were good enough to retain it. Whether he has had bucket loads of money or not, he still has to buy the right players to suit his system. You only have to look at the money Mourinho had at United to tell you it guarantees nothing. We will be there next season fighting it out with City, no-one else will get close to them as they aren't good enough.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

We have to be better than them, I think they'll miss Kompany, doesn't matter who they sign for the position, still think they'll be more vulnerable on the counter, I also think the continued development of our team and the fullbacks in particular will see us better than City