Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Thread: Winning the FA Cup and League Cup harder than getting to the Champions League Final !

Winning the FA Cup and League Cup harder than getting to the Champions League Final !

Apparently Pep has stated this in a recent interview !!!

I have to agree its a great achievement to win both of these Cup competitions as well as the Premiership, but it has to be said that Man City have benefitted from a very easy run in both competitions and to compare successfully navigating these fixtures, to our fixtures in the Champions League this year is quite frankly, a ridiculous statement to make and I am sure on reflection he will regret saying it.....

Just for the record here are the fixtures

Man City FA Cup run.

Rotheram - Burnley - Newport County - Swansea - Brighton & Hove Albion - Watford.....

Man City League Cup.

Oxford - Fulham - Leicter City - Burton Albion - Chelsea...

Lverpool Champions League run.

PSG - Napoli -Red Star Belgrade - PSG - Napoli - Red Star Belgrade - Bayern Munich - Bayern Munich - Porto - Porto - Barcelona - Barcelona - Spurs .....

Congratulations Pep, but on this occassion..get a fucking grip, please stop bigging up, what was in real terms a walk in the fucking park compared to our magnificently navigated Champions League run...

Rant over 😂😂

I personally don't think it's even that much of a deal winning league cup and fa cup...

I mean look who they've played they could have played 2nd/3rd team and still win it.

the Competitions are a joke.

Sadly we're the only team anywhere near good enough to challenge them in england/wales, it's fun watching them fail in europe year in year out thogiuh.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 19th May 2019 at 05:23 PM.

They could get all interest back in the FA cup by replacing the 4th place team with the cup winners for a place in the following season's Champions League. You would probably still get a top team winning it, but they would likely as not field stronger teams from the start rather than wait until the later rounds when Wembley is in sight. I blame United for the lack of respect for this competition, when they couldn't be bothered entering it in 2000.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

He's just trying to talk it up because he's failed in the Champions League for the 6th time in a row, including his time a Bayern

SIX times in a row he's failed in the Champions League, despite being in charge of by far the wealthiest clubs in their respective leagues at the time and having had the pick of any players he wants, THIS is not one of the greatest managers
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I thought he said the treble is harder to win than the CL.

He badly wants the CL though otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it.

He is coming over as a plank lately as well his false anger in the press conference ....the question was a simple yes/no answer interesting he didn't answer it.

Sour grapes and a dig at his closest rivals.

City aren't happy, they've got the mickey mouse cups in their pocket but it's strangely unsatisfying, something's missing...

It would be hilarious to rock up to the charity shield as European Champions.

Their season is over now so he'll not be commenting on this year's Champions League final again... Or will he?

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Apparently Pep has stated this in a recent interview !!!

I have to agree its a great achievement to win both of these Cup competitions as well as the Premiership, but it has to be said that Man City have benefitted from a very easy run in both competitions and to compare successfully navigating these fixtures, to our fixtures in the Champions League this year is quite frankly, a ridiculous statement to make and I am sure on reflection he will regret saying it.....

Just for the record here are the fixtures

Man City FA Cup run.

Rotheram - Burnley - Newport County - Swansea - Brighton & Hove Albion - Watford.....

Man City League Cup.

Oxford - Fulham - Leicter City - Burton Albion - Chelsea...

Lverpool Champions League run.

PSG - Napoli -Red Star Belgrade - PSG - Napoli - Red Star Belgrade - Bayern Munich - Bayern Munich - Porto - Porto - Barcelona - Barcelona - Spurs .....

Congratulations Pep, but on this occassion..get a fucking grip, please stop bigging up, what was in real terms a walk in the fucking park compared to our magnificently navigated Champions League run...

Rant over 😂😂
    2 easy runs to win the 2 domestic cup competitions. Saying that we lost to Chelsea who they beat and wolves who are par or thereabouts with Watford. Obviously we didnt have the same squad depth to rotate players.

Their treble is impressive all the same as a feat, better than ours with the Europa league cup as the league is superior.

We've come closer to the big double than them this year, 1 point off in the league and finalists. This pending cl final v spurs is massive.

Adding 2 themes.... 1 we didnt cope well when top of the league 2 we're stronger now than then arguably as our midfield is settled/balanced with Fabinho dm and Hendo rcm.
    It's a pity we're missing Keita and potentially Gomez due to match sharpness.

Winning the cl is pivotal to our seasons success. Spurs are a good team and capable winners, but we have to accept that we should beat them. Dealing with that pressure and seeing it through will be a measure of our progress and a challenge we simply must deliver on. Anyone can win a final but we must win this cl final.

Agree we need to win, but don't forget we are still building for the future.
    City have a near-enough full squad without any need for further building.