Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Arsenal v Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    We haven't got a shiny new stadium that needs to be paid for.
    No we donít but Iím sorry to say Spurs have made a profit on that already.

I wasnít really talking about Spurs as one of the wealthiest clubs although they will likely join that group soon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47813193

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Chelsea will get decent money for him too - if they invest it cleverly they could have a pretty good 19/20.
    They can't spend that money until next summer, mate.

Two window transfer ban - which means no player purchases or players coming in through the transfer window until summer 2020.
    To be precise it's only a portion of me downloaded via satellite.
    This Gynoid's E-brain lacks.........capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    They can't spend that money until next summer, mate.

Two window transfer ban - which means no player purchases or players coming in through the transfer window until summer 2020.
    Had entirely forgotten about all that - thank you!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The wealthiest clubs can not only buy them them but they can also hold onto the top players. Imagine us with an Eden Hazard? He wouldn’t have been here long enough for it to translate into silverware. This is what is frustrating.

We are under huge pressure on Saturday and I find it strange that so many don’t see it. We need to win something, even FSG know it.. I just want to wake up when it’s all over and Klopp is standin there with a huge smile and a great big shiny trophy...
    Erm, massive difference, they both still had Champions League squads and top goalkeepers when they won the Europa, we had a hell of a lot of absolute dross in our first 11 and squad and didn't even have the players to play Klopps preferred formation and system.

We're not under huge pressure at all, Spurs are under the most pressure because they know like everyone else it's highly unlikely they'll reach another Champions League final and Pochettino's likely off to Spain or Italy and they're under the huge pressure of being massive perennial under achievers, given the state of the league at the time of Poch's arrival, with so many top teams in transition, with the squad they had, they should have been challenging for league titles and making at least the quarters of the Champions League consistently and have a very clear identity and way of playing, they've failed on every single one of those things.

For us however, this is our first try with this group of players, this season has been Klopp's first season in charge in which he has the quality in his best 11, that Pochettino had in his when he became Spurs manager, THEY are the one's who are under pressure, they've under achieved massively, we're just starting out with a team that still needs some work in midfield and top quality strength in depth added.
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 30th May 2019 at 12:16 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtainsĒ

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Erm, massive difference, they both still had Champions League squads and top goalkeepers when they won the Europa, we had a hell of a lot of absolute dross in our first 11 and squad and didn't even have the players to play Klopps preferred formation and system.

We're not under huge pressure at all, Spurs are under the most pressure because they know like everyone else it's highly unlikely they'll reach another Champions League final and Pochettino's likely off to Spain or Italy and they're under the huge pressure of being massive perennial under achievers, given the state of the league at the time of Poch's arrival, with so many top teams in transition, with the squad they had, they should have been challenging for league titles and making at least the quarters of the Champions League consistently and have a very clear identity and way of playing, they've failed on every single one of those things.

For us however, this is our first try with this group of players, this season has been Klopp's first season in charge in which he has the quality in his best 11, that Pochettino had in his when he became Spurs manager, THEY are the one's who are under pressure, they've under achieved massively, we're just starting out with a team that still needs some work in midfield and top quality strength in depth added.
    Can't argue with any of that.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Chelsea will get decent money for him too - if they invest it cleverly they could have a pretty good 19/20.
    Personally think Chelsea will be shite without hazard especially if the transfer ban sticks. Pulisic is nothing special

I have seen less caveats in many a Horoscope.

I was referring to a post talking about how frustrating it is watching clubs like Chelsea and United win silverware even when they are well off the boil.

You believe we are not under huge pressure in this final....? Ok thatís your opinion... I believe it is naive in the extreme. After last year and finishing 1 point behind City this season and it being our 4th final with Jurgen..? I can hear the knives being sharpened by the media already.

We are all desperate to win this one - but letís not pretend it will be easy or that it will mean little if we fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I have seen less caveats in many a Horoscope.

I was referring to a post talking about how frustrating it is watching clubs like Chelsea and United win silverware even when they are well off the boil.

You believe we are not under huge pressure in this final....? Ok that’s your opinion... I believe it is naive in the extreme. After last year and finishing 1 point behind City this season and it being our 4th final with Jurgen..? I can hear the knives being sharpened by the media already.

We are all desperate to win this one - but let’s not pretend it will be easy or that it will mean little if we fail.
    If you want to live in the false economy of a media those with sense and our players and manager pay little heed to, in which Pochettino hasn't massively under achieved and doesn't desperately need a trophy having had a full squad including strength in depth since his arrival at Spurs 5 (five) years ago in which time he has won nothing and hasn't even come close to winning anything that's up to you.

I expect us to win, as I expected Chelsea to last night, if the media had any influence on our manager and squad whatsoever one might think that their constant attempts to apply pressure on our team over the last few months would have had some affect, but we're oblivious to it, there is no pressure they can't create because of our mentality in which we set our own standards so high and constantly apply our own pressure on ourselves in how we expect to perform and evolve, that's why we're so calm and assured, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or any hack writes, within our group is all that matters, that's our approach
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtainsĒ

If you want to live in the false economy of a media those with sense and our players and manager pay little heed to, in which Pochettino hasn't massively under achieved and doesn't desperately need a trophy having had a full squad including strength in depth since his arrival at Spurs 5 (five) years ago in which time he has won nothing and hasn't even come close to winning anything that's up to you.

I expect us to win, as I expected Chelsea to last night, if the media had any influence on our manager and squad whatsoever one might think that their constant attempts to apply pressure on our team over the last few months would have had some affect, but we're oblivious to it, there is no pressure they can't create because of our mentality in which we set our own standards so high and constantly apply our own pressure on ourselves in how we expect to perform and evolve, that's why we're so calm and assured, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or any hack writes, within our group is all that matters, that's our approach
    If only it was half as simple as you try to paint it.