Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur (CL Final Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Origi's finish was world class
    Yep. I love the way hes in mid air after striking it. Maccas quote was mint, "origi has just slammed one in with his left foot"

Anyone seen the video of Paddy Berger in the stands singing with his family? Class that. Love all the tweets from the ex reds too.

Not sure why pundits are bashing Poch for starting Winks, he was their only midfielder who wanted the ball, took some responsibility and tried to make things happen, Eriksen, Sissoko and Smelly Fanny all went into hiding
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Not the best game but one we'll always remember.I will mainly cos after the presentation i went outside the pub for a smoke and sat on a broken wine bottle some ballbag had left on a bench in the beer garden.Nice little rip in my jeans and my right arse cheek.
    d'ya want a cup o'beans?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Not sure why pundits are bashing Poch for starting Winks, he was their only midfielder who wanted the ball, took some responsibility and tried to make things happen, Eriksen, Sissoko and Smelly Fanny all went into hiding
    They are just looking for someone to take the wrap, that's what fans are like after a defeat.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    They are just looking for someone to take the wrap, that's what fans are like after a defeat.
    Yeah, I always fancy a kebab after the game too

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Yeah, I always fancy a kebab after the game too
    lol
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Origi's finish was world class
    I spent 80 mins fully expecting them to scab an equaliser, so the relief when that went in. fuck me, never felt anything like it

Quote Originally Posted by pob View Post
    I spent 80 mins fully expecting them to scab an equaliser, so the relief when that went in. fuck me, never felt anything like it
    I never expected them to score, watched the highlights earlier, we had the better chances by far and probably should have come away with the 4-0 scoreline I predicted, despite dropping off a lot and doing to them what they did to City and every bugger and his dog except City tries to do to us, having got an early lead.

I was really pleased we did that, although because we're not used to it I felt we dropped off a little too much and gave some players a little too much time and in doing so gave others a little too much time to make a run, but it was great and there was some brilliant defending. It was particularly pleasing because it showed maturity from from the team and Jurgen as when they were all harping on about his record in finals prior to Saturday I had commented that in all those finals Jurgen's teams were significant underdogs, but Jurgen doesn't do sitting deep and nicking a goal, he sends his teams out to play, yet as soon as we got the early goal in this one, he did do sitting deep and nicking another from a counter or set piece and why not?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    They'll likely go into complete meltdown when we win the Super Cup as we'll once again be England's most successful club side ever , as after No6 we're currently ties with United on whose won the most major honours
    Based on current squad and form we are more likely to win something again. Like most reds i really want the league, great for us, tip them right over the edge
    The Anfield plaque is there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against