Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Tottenham Man Utd Arsenal

Chelsea Tottenham Man Utd Arsenal

I know, it's a Liverpool forum

But I love talking about other stuff going on elsewhere and other leagues.

Here our beloved rivals.

Chelsea ; manager, Hazard , ageing team, owner and his visa

Tottenham; team coming into its peak. Can they keep their best players

Man Utd; ahaha where do I start. Massive mess

Arsenal; Ozil

With PSG, Man C, Barcelona, Real, Bayern, Atletico, Juve ,and .... yep the Toon all wanting the best players and splash the cash.

Again another summer of big spending, rebuilding, and intrigue.
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Tottenham

Season 17/18

Paulo Gazzaniga £2,500,000 GK
    Davinson Sánchez £42,000,000 CB
    Juan Foyth £8,000,000 LB
    Serge Aurier £23,000,000 RB
    Fernando Llorente £12,000,000 FWD
    Lucas Moura £25,000,000 FWD

Season 16/17

Victor Wanyama £11,000,000 CM
    Vincent Janssen £17,000,000 FWD
    Moussa Sissoko £30,000,000 CM
    Georges-Kévin N'Koudou £10,800,000 FWD

Season 15/16

Kieran Trippier £3,500,000 FB
    Kevin Wimmer £4,300,000 CB
    Toby Alderweireld £11,500,000 CB
    Clinton N'Jie £12,200,000 FWD
    Son Heung-min £22,000,000 FWD

Season 14/15

Michel Vorm £3,500,000 GK
    Eric Dier £4,000,000 CM
    DeAndre Yedlin £2,750,000 RB
    Federico Fazio £8,000,000 CB
    Benjamin Stambouli £4,700,000 CB
    Dele Alli £5,000,000 CM

Season 13/14 Season prior to Poch's arrival

Paulinho £17,000,000 CM
    Nacer Chadli £7,000,000 CM
    Roberto Soldado £25,800,000 FWD
    Etienne Capoue £8,600,000 CM
    Christian Eriksen £11,000,000 CM
    Erik Lamela £25,800,000 FWD
    Vlad Chiriches £8,500,000 CB

Since Pochettino's arrival, to debunk the Spurs myth Spurs have signed:

2 back up keepers for a total of 6M Pochettinho inherited a top keeper, he hasn't needed to sign one

3 Right backs for a total of 29.25m Poch having inherited Walker

1 Left back for 8m the same as Klopp paid for Robertson, the only full back Jurgen has signed, Poch having inherited Rose who was considered a top LB

5 CB's for 70.5m with Sanchez being the most expensive at 42m Poch having inherited Vertonghen, Kaboul and Fazio

4 CM's for 50m Poch having inherited Eriksen, Paulinho, Capoue, Chadli (signed for combined 43.6m the prior season) and Dembele, Bentaleb, Stambouli and Townsend

5 Forwards for 99m Poch having inherited Lamela and Soldado (signed for a combined 51.6m the prior season) and inherited Kane and Adebayor

Let's stop pretending Pochettino hasn't had any money and that Spurs hadn't invested very heavily in the extensive recruitment of top young players prior to and throughout Poch's tenure and that they should have been 3 or 4 years ahead of us. Also worth mentioning because of when some of those signings were made, in a period when FSG were trying to sort out our finances and there wasn't any money to spend, the fees Spurs paid for player with comparable profiles were a lot lower than they were last summer when we finally had the funds to splash out on some much needed top quality players, Poch had from the moment he arrived at Spurs

Lamela was rated a top top talent at the time, signed for 28.5m in 2013, he'd be comparable to a 70m player in today's market, there are lots more examples like Eriksen likely 50m, Alderweireld likely 40m, Alli at least 25m for a player of his age and ability at that time in the current market, Dier, Wanyama and Trippier all would cost a lot more

Loads of people were going on about Van Dijk, Allisson and Fabinho, but i was always like, steady on, Poch spent big on Sanchez at 42m the summer before the January we got Virgil and we paid a premium because Southampton didn't want to sell and he had a long contract at another Prem club and Poch already had Vertonghen and Alderweireld, Poch inherited a top keeper, we had to buy one, Poch bought Sissoko for 30m for the role Fabinho plays for us, for comparitively more given it was 2 seasons earlier
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 3rd June 2019 at 03:06 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

United are the side I find the most interesting in terms of a "case study" if you will in terms of monitoring them. Although not exactly the same, they are, in effect, making mistakes that are close to mistakes we ourselves made in the past - and they're coming from a place where they won 13 League titles in 18 years.

They do also have a totally different type of supporter - I do know some United fans who are surprisingly sound, but there's a generation of entitled arseholes who only know supporting a side with a view to lauding it over other sides and these fans are vastly numerous and could apply pressure that makes their club make even worse decisions.

Who else would think "we should look at the Molde manager to sort out this mess?" - just them. They do have (and will have, for years) the finances with which to compete, but they are falling behind in certain aspects, such as style of play and so on - on one hand you could argue the entire club is in need of a re-boot, on the other you can point out that 7 more points would have got them 3rd place, so it may not be "all bad" for them.

They're so oddly situated - so easy for them to end up in the upper-mid table for a few years if poor choices are made, yet so easy for them to bounce back (not to challenge for the League, but to finish Top Four) with a couple of the correct ins-and-outs and a better manager.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Be interested to see what them lot at old toilet do over the summer. If they back Ole and he spends 100s of millions on tosh. and they have a bad start to next season. They could quickly implode.
    I have never got the hype around Pochettino, his record against the top teams is very poor.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Interesting views 19x, Sid and Just me

Cheers

Chelsea. Hazard will be a massive loss for them but I still expect them to finish top 4. It looks like Sarri is off to Juve too, but who's to say he wouldn't have been sacked anyway, we all know what Abramovich is like.
    Tottenham. If you believe reports, Pochettino will get plenty of cash to spend in the summer, he then has to spend it wisely, not easy as we have found out in recent years. Top 4 finish again I think.
    Arsenal. Not good enough this season and no change next season either. May win a domestic cup, but nothing more.
    Man Utd. Massive overhaul needed as it's squad are bang on average. Hopefully it will take years for them to be challenging for the top prize.

It will be Liverpool and Man City battling for the title again, the rest are not good enough. Hopefully the positions are reversed.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Do you think City are at their peak now?. Some players getting on a bit. Kompany gone. Fernandinho picking up injuries as he ages. Silva, even Aguero getting into the later stages of their careers. Mind you they have got Bernardo Silva now who looks a fantastic player, Messi-esque potentially.
    Is Sane off to Munchen? I never understood why he is so underused by City. Maybe they see him in training everyday, but to me he always looks a threat when he comes on.
    Is it sure Sarri is off to Juve? I thought/hoped that Poch might be going there. Think one way or another there will be upheavals at Spurs, players leaving, etc.
    Man Utd can only attract mercenaries now. The exact thing they don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Do you think City are at their peak now?. Some players getting on a bit. Kompany gone. Fernandinho picking up injuries as he ages. Silva, even Aguero getting into the later stages of their careers. Mind you they have got Bernardo Silva now who looks a fantastic player, Messi-esque potentially.
    Is Sane off to Munchen? I never understood why he is so underused by City. Maybe they see him in training everyday, but to me he always looks a threat when he comes on.
    Is it sure Sarri is off to Juve? I thought/hoped that Poch might be going there. Think one way or another there will be upheavals at Spurs, players leaving, etc.
    Man Utd can only attract mercenaries now. The exact thing they don't need.
    Sarri announced to the board last week that he wants to leave. They are meeting with him some time this week to discuss his future.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

City at their peak depends if FFP decide to punish them.

Jesus , Sterling, De Bruyne, B Silva, Mahrez, Sané, Laporte, so many good players.

Options, choices, resting players.

Fernandinho , Silva, Aguero still have 2 years in them and are the experience in this team.

Kompany won't be missed, his injury record was astonishing.

What do City need. Not much tbh.

I'm worried for Man Utd

This is going to get ugly for them