Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: Match thread - Engalnd v Holland

Oh nice one Gareth, give the best right back in the league a chance to play in the worst loser play off after you've blown another chance of a final, clown

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7117495/Trent-Alexander-Arnold-given-golden-chance-against-Switzerland.html
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Hard to tell how good he is but he did the right thing last world cup by dropping the old heads.

He seems a decent guy and is trying to play it in the right way.

As the saying goes you are only as good as your players and England do lack a top GK / CB sounds like someone else a few years back !
    He does seem like a genuinely nice guy. He also seems a bit slick or savvy with the media, which can become a pitfall.

Tactically and selections they seem odd to me and he comes across as a weak manager at times.
    Say, what would the journos do now, way. Looks like the image rights of players plays a part in team and squad selections too.

Saw the Sterling circus in effect again earlier in the week, his agency/management leaking him captaining the side and cashing in on the publicity. How bloody unprofessional and it undermined the manager, I'd only one concern thereafter.

Will southgate go weak and not hold Sterling to account. Or will he punish him for undermining him and the team.

Sterling keeps the captaincy and England deservedly lose. Walker, Pickford, Maguire or Delph would've captained the side in my team from the 11 he chose.

Player quality is an important factor. That aside culture, dedication and discipline are key.

I agree CCTV with what you say he knows what it is like to get hounded by the media he has been there himself.

He didnt pick his best team against Holland that is for sure and im glad none of our lads started from a selfish point of view.

Make no mistake TAA is a shoe in at RB now and Hendo walks back in clearly the best midfielder England have.

As for Sterling I imagine he got it as it was his 50th cap and a reward for his good season but like you say others look better options.

Being honest international football is 2nd rate compared to top club football now so the managers in general are not in the class of club managers imo.

I made a glaring omission from England's best team quality in bold, need much better not in bold

Pickford

Trent/Trippier Gomez/Keane Maguire Shaw/Chilwell

Henderson/Winks Henderson/Rice Ox/Loftus-Cheek/Maddison

Sancho/Hudson-Odoi Kane/
    Rashford Sterling/Hudson-Odoi/Rashford

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I made a glaring omission from England's best team quality in bold, need much better not in bold

Pickford

Trent/Trippier Gomez/Keane Maguire Shaw/Chilwell

Henderson/Winks Henderson/Rice Ox/Loftus-Cheek/Maddison

Sancho/Hudson-Odoi Kane/
    Rashford Sterling/Hudson-Odoi/Rashford
    That's pretty much the best players for positions in a 433 a few not good quite good enough, but would play in the absence of anything better, really hoping that Unisex adds himself to that list and Klopp develops him to play across all 3 forward positions
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 8th June 2019 at 09:56 PM.