Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: England v Switzerland wooden spoon play off

And this outrageous pure unadulterated guff from Tyler

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fans-stunned-martin-tyler-16403110

It was an extreme case of England not being good enough for Trent
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Excellent game from Joe too, made Fat head Maguire look half decent which is a feat in itself

Will this be an annual thing, or every 4 years like the others?
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    And this outrageous pure unadulterated guff from Tyler

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fans-stunned-martin-tyler-16403110

It was an extreme case of England not being good enough for Trent
    Trents a better defender than both Trippier and Walker ffs

https://www.football365.com/news/rating-englands-bronze-medallists-v-switzerland

TRENT ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
    The defensive ability of a Champions League-winning member of the Premier League’s best defence might apparently be worthy of questioning, but not even Martin Tyler can deny what Alexander-Arnold offers in attack for England. One fantastic driven cross for Sterling should have been converted after half an hour; one sublime delivery was inexplicably headed over by Alli minutes later. A couple of set-pieces went awry as the game progressed and his influence diminished, but there were no moments of Walker or Trippier-esque whatthef**kery. He created at least five more chances than any other player for either bloody side.

JOE GOMEZ
    His middle name is Dave, he has three times fewer caps than Matt Upson, and he is England’s best centre-half. The opposition provided nowhere near as much of a challenge as Thursday but Gomez just exudes calm and confidence with every touch. This was his first start in the position since December 2, yet he looked completely untroubled throughout. No England player made more interceptions (4) or clearances (4), no England player gained possession on more occasions (8), and no starter completed more of their passes (95.1%) for either side. He is John Stones without the tendency to defecate at a moment’s notice.

Agreed CCTV, headlines should be "England lack quality to utilise 150m full back"

Changed my mind slightly on England's best line up, neither Chilwell or Shaw are that much better than Rose offensively, I'd probably go Rose left back as i think he's better defensively and Trent right back and have Rose not looking to push on as much as Trent can, Gomez is absolutely England's best RCB and Hendo needs to play RCM, Southgate needs to get them all working on switching play and playing it to Trent quicker when it's on, as brilliant as Trent was today, he could have done so much more if he were found with the switch and a lot quicker numerous times when he was in really good space, Southgate's got a top class 150m full back on his hands, now he has to organise his team to get the best out of him