Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Women's World Cup.

Women's World Cup.

There was a World Cup in the 90s where fir the first time I noticed loads a girls coming down the pub early to get prine seats.

I said to one of my girl mates....what's going on so many girls turning up to watch the football...

She said

Drinking ..........watching fit guys in tight shorts getting rowdy and sweaty? What's not to love....

Whatching France Norway at the moment.....

They are getting round the pitch fine.....the mistakes actually add to the drama and the atmosphere.

But most importantly......how fit are them Norwegian Birds???

Even better....this is the one Social media platform where I can say something like that without fear of getting my nuts shredded in my sleep by the Mrs......lololol
    Last edited by shminkyred; 12th June 2019 at 09:35 PM.

It puts a completely different spin on player ratings...lol

I do wish they'd make the pitch/nets slightly smaller for Women's Football, moreso the nets than anything - some of the floaty, not-even-struck-that-well goals that occur in the game due to the goalkeeper:net ratio is really hard to get used to.

Suppose there's an argument to be had that the unpredictability in that regard makes it more entertaining, but it's not for me (that aspect of the game, Nothing against women playing footie obviously).
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Lol I was going to post on this subject earlier, along the lines of the OP and why a lot of girls I know started getting into watching football, in their words "Fit blokes running around in shorts, even better if they score and rip their tops off" I find women's football a bit boring because of the poor standard, but, if they were to indulge in a bit of ripping their shirts off after scoring? Well, it's all in a days work......Tony Ferino
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

@Sid - yup. Most of the game seems ok, but the goal is just way too large for the average goalie.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I do wish they'd make the pitch/nets slightly smaller for Women's Football, moreso the nets than anything - some of the floaty, not-even-struck-that-well goals that occur in the game due to the goalkeeper:net ratio is really hard to get used to.

Suppose there's an argument to be had that the unpredictability in that regard makes it more entertaining, but it's not for me (that aspect of the game, Nothing against women playing footie obviously).
    They should also make the ball a much smaller, make the players use a stick to hit it with and change the rules

Goal size didn't seem to be an issue for me....
    The only concession I thought would be to make the game 40 mins each half and give them slightly longer recovery time....

Also ripping of your top in the women's game won't happen as the powers that be would be stupid enough to make it a sending off offence....lol

However a Cat fight which turns into a mass brawl????

That's a distinct possibility......

On a serious note that match proves that generating enough interest and support for a match does create a great atmosphere......The DJ at the end was a definite upgrade on the norm

A friend of mine saw the Women's CL final last year (or the year before) for like 6 Euro. Was apparently a pretty fun game. Furthermore, Angela Merkel was supposedly sat like 25m away, so the seats can't have been that bad.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

This might be one of those times that my tunnel talk of; "We're gonna bum you!" mightn't go down too well.
    It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

It appears some games are totally 1 sided like in the men's international's. the yanky ladies beating Thailand 13-0.
    Its the same as France playing Gibraltar saying that though.. The Thai ladies would probably beat Gibraltar men
    Leader of all..master of none..