Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cricket World Cup

Cricket World Cup

England, seriously, what a joke, terrible captaincy and decision making by individual players, they'll be out before the semi finals

Australia, India, New Zealand and Pakistan the most likely semi finals and England sure to bottle it even if they somehow do manager to scrape through, I don't see England beating India and new Zealand as they need to, might have lost to the Aussies today anyway, it was understandable with the conditions to come out and try and pitch a little short and see if the wicket did anything to give us early breakthroughs, to when it was apparent that wasn't the case and it was costing a lot of early runs in the first 10 overs in which we knew all too well the Aussies would just focus on line and length and look to restrict scoring and make our lads get out by having to take risks to score runs it was just pure idiocy to continue with the short stuff for the full 10 opening overs, just ridiculous.

The wicket actually did do something for the Aussies in their first 10 overs, bowling line and length, so we effectively just gave the Aussies 50 cheap completely avoidable and unnecessary runs, just utter amateur hour madness

The game before we managed to preside over a famous collapse through playing shots we didn't need to when the run rate was comfortably in sight and we just needed to bat it out and keep pour wickets, just piss poor
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

clowns
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

When england bat it's like they're on drugs

trying to go big on every ball

Still makes me laugh that New Zealand have a player whose name literally in 'The big man', Pakistan hitting form now, destroying New Zealand with the ball right now.

Still can't get over that first 10 overs v the Aussies yesterday, after 3 or 4 when you see them racking up runs from the short stuff, which they're very good at playing and having seen there is some movement in the pitch for you, surely you go line and length to restrict the scoring in the knowledge there is movement on the pitch and you might get a couple to swing either way.

A couple were unlucky, Butler really wouldn't expect to have been caught there, Stokes played an excellent innings, but got done by an absolute peach of a ball, second game in a row he's been very impressive and not one of the players who have come in with him have backed him up sufficiently

I think part of the problem with England is they want to show everyone how good they are, instead of being more pragmatic and doing what they need to do to grind out the wins without being spectacular, the latter being the Aussies mindset

It worked very well for us in the Champions League final, we could have gone there, taken big risks looking to showcase our incredible attacking football, but we looked how Spurs were set up purely to try and counter us, took a pragmatic approach, didn't play anything like our best football, were outstanding defensively and got a thoroughly deserved win and No6

Pakistan are at it now Hafeez just out for trying to whack a ball he really didn't have to, comfortably up with the run rate, keep the wickets in hand, keep the runs ticking over as they had been, easy win, but no, he has to do a Moeen and try and needlessly whack one

There you go, Pakistan show England how it should be done, Babar notches 100, the first century by a Pakistan batsman in 30 years of WC, under immense pressure, using his head and skill, playing at balls that were there to be hit, not slashing at ones he didn't need to as they kept in check with the required rate, his innings only consisting of four 4's and made up of singles 2's and 3's across the entire 'wagon wheel', all England's batsmen had to do v Sri Lanka, rather than slash wildly constantly trying to hit 4's and 6's at balls they didn't need to hit at all.

And today we have South Africa also showing England how it should be done, very similar situation to England's recent game v Sri Lanka, bowled them out for a low target, lost an early wicket in response but no panic, not a massive run rate required, both batsmen playing themselves in, taking their time, not looking to smash every ball to the boundary or unnecessarily trying to smash balls to the boundary they don't need to go after, just keeping the runs ticking over and wickets in hand

Pakistan AGAIN show England how it's done and how not to throw your wickets away needlessly trying to smash balls to the boundary when you're up with the run chase, Pakistan move ahead of England to fourth in the table