Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cricket World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    England, seriously, what a joke, terrible captaincy and decision making by individual players, they'll be out before the semi finals

Australia, India, New Zealand and Pakistan the most likely semi finals and England sure to bottle it even if they somehow do manager to scrape through, I don't see England beating India and new Zealand as they need to, might have lost to the Aussies today anyway, it was understandable with the conditions to come out and try and pitch a little short and see if the wicket did anything to give us early breakthroughs, to when it was apparent that wasn't the case and it was costing a lot of early runs in the first 10 overs in which we knew all too well the Aussies would just focus on line and length and look to restrict scoring and make our lads get out by having to take risks to score runs it was just pure idiocy to continue with the short stuff for the full 10 opening overs, just ridiculous.

The wicket actually did do something for the Aussies in their first 10 overs, bowling line and length, so we effectively just gave the Aussies 50 cheap completely avoidable and unnecessary runs, just utter amateur hour madness

The game before we managed to preside over a famous collapse through playing shots we didn't need to when the run rate was comfortably in sight and we just needed to bat it out and keep pour wickets, just piss poor
    I really should have put a bet on that four being the four semi finalists, called it when it still would have been decent odds, thought long and hard about it and never got around to it, doh
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What the FUCK are England doing here? Brilliant start, then revert to playing stupid fucking shots that aren't on, first Bairstow and now Morgan, ridiculously do from Morgan, should have just got himself in, what a moron, hopefully Stokes and Root will play sensibly now and get England to a decent target of 320 plus

What the FUCK are England doing here? Brilliant start, then revert to playing stupid fucking shots that aren't on, first Bairstow and now Morgan, ridiculously do from Morgan, should have just got himself in, what a moron, hopefully Stokes and Root will play sensibly now and get England to a decent target of 320 plus
    Got more than that, but 320 plus was enough as I estimated

Got to say Bairstow is a totally different player when he opens with Roy, picks his shots a lot better because he knows Roy's going to be going hard, once Roy went off and Bairstow again had the pressure of giving England the impetus, he went back to his bad old ways

Well, lucky I didn't make that bet, looks like England have scraped through after all, big question now is having had some massive hiccups throughout and now seemingly having recovered, DO they have the mental strength and bravery to go on and win it?

Edit: Very pleased to have been proved wrong on this one
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 3rd July 2019 at 05:47 PM.

Not everyone destroys NZ

Brilliant, better at cricket than football, which is weird considering football is by far the most popular sport.

Finally! An England national team through to a World Cup final! They were superb today, Morgan was faultless as captain, the bowling and fielding was superb, then the batting was superb and continued to be after Roy was incorrectly given out. England absolutely thrashed the Aussies today, they were aided by the Aussies decision to bat first, the conditions and dampness in the pitch giving England's bowlers a fair amount of swing and movement off the pitch in their first 10 overs, when Australia came to bowl, the ball did nothing

Finally! An England national team through to a World Cup final! They were superb today, Morgan was faultless as captain, the bowling and fielding was superb, then the batting was superb and continued to be after Roy was incorrectly given out. England absolutely thrashed the Aussies today, they were aided by the Aussies decision to bat first, the conditions and dampness in the pitch giving England's bowlers a fair amount of swing and movement off the pitch in their first 10 overs, when Australia came to bowl, the ball did nothing
    What a turnaround after a few dodgy games early on.

Bit special this england team.

hope we can go onto win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    What a turnaround after a few dodgy games early on.

Bit special this england team.

hope we can go onto win it.
    All about the bottle now, really hope they can win the final, they are a bit like our team though, great first 11 and aside from midfield, not quite the same dynamic and level of performance if anyone else has to come in, Bairstow strained his groin today, so hopefully, it's just a tweak and he'll be ok for the final. With their best 11 out they are the best team in the tournament

ICC Men's Cricket World Cup final - England v New Zealand
    Venue: Lord's. Dates: Sunday, 14 July. Time: 10:30 BST
    Coverage: Ball-by-ball Test Match Special commentary on BBC Radio 5 Live, Radio 4 LW, online, tablets, mobiles and BBC Sport app. Live text commentary on the BBC Sport website. Live TV coverage on Channel 4 & Sky Sports

I'm glad it's live on CH4, not just Sky - everyone should have the chance to see it!
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief