Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819202122232427 ... LastLast

Thread: Kylian Mbappé

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Apparently £300 million is the price to bring him to Anfield. That's alot of Cash !!
    Interesting story if true, it would indicate the levy has just broke, the dam is burst and you cant stop the red tide !!

Where's this story from ? All I can find among the numerous Mbappe/LFC pieces is a piece saying hes valued at $296 million by CIES Football Observatory.

Using today's exchange -
    $296million = £226 million.

Over to Edward's to do his thing and negotiate the price down
    Last edited by CCTV; 26th January 2020 at 04:52 AM.

Ah, Julien Lauren the man has many tunes

Obviously Mbappe wants lfc, he must make it only lfc which doesnt seem beyond reason. Could suit PSG as they've found both Barca and Real very annoying. Everybody's gonna be happy.

Then leave it to Edwards with only 2 years left on Mbappes contract. £160-180 mill.
    Last edited by CCTV; 26th January 2020 at 04:53 AM.

Well at least this thread obsesses over a top top class player, there are loads of likely young LFC fans obsessing over Adama Traore who for me is very over rated and just doesn't suit how we play at all, he looks good against us because he's very very quick and powerful and we play a high line and let him get the ball to feet, he has too many non existent days against teams who set up to defend, block the passes to him and set up so he has two men to beat, tactics all our players deal with very well, as well as working a damned site harder for the team and having far better link play and movement.

For me he's one of those players who's very good in the team he plays for, but his being good is reliant on them setting up to allow him to not do much work without the ball and to just hang around areas from which he can use his incredible speed and strength from waiting for the ball a lot of the game, not contributing is he's not involved.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Mbappe obsesses over LFC - only fair we and the lads return the favour to let him know he's welcome.

Imagine having to settle for anything less, the poor lad would be devastated !!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Mbappe obsesses over LFC - only fair we and the lads return the favour to let him know he's welcome.

Imagine having to settle for anything less, the poor lad would be devastated !!
    It would be incredible if we were to sign him, I only see it happening if there's some arrangement with Nike on certain things and FSG 100% view it as a brilliant opportunity to take over and dominate lucrative markets that will hugely boost our revenue streams to become the dominant club making the highest earnings in several markets. I don't usually crave the top rated players, but MBappe is a perfect fit for us and his profile as a player and a marketing tool are superb and he can be at the club for 10 years, or here for 5 or 6 years and we sell him on for a huge fee and bring another such player in having already established our domination of those markets

I'd be absolutely ecstatic if we sign Werner, both can play in all 3 forward positions, I could even see both coming if Mo decided he wanted to try a stint in Spain, I'd prefer that not to happen and us land one of them though. We have other positions we really do need to recruit for long term this summer, another Hendo type who can play as No6 or No8, another attacking No8. a top up and coming LB for competition and cover for Robbo and possibly a new top up and coming CB to replace Lovren, although he may well be allowed to see his contract out, I'd personally like a new 20-24 year old top quality CB who can possibly raise himself close to Virgil's levels and has the physical attributes to be as dominant, Matip has the height and the incredible positioning and reading of the game but not the incredible strength and pace of Virgil, while Gomez has the pace, his reading of the game and positioning isn't as good and he's not dominant in the air or as powerful, he got bossed Lovren style by Jiminez in the air in the Wolves game

So whether it's Mbappe or Werner could very much depend on which other areas we're looking to strengthen, we might just go for the Hendo type No6/No8 a LB and MBappe or Werner, we have Keita, Oxlade and Minamino who can play as the attacking No8, although I think Jurgen is eyeing a different type of attacking No8 specifically for LCM to be honest hence the Fabian Ruiz link, more of a playmaker attacking No8 who can play incredibly special passes and fire in spectacular finishes from distance than the cut and thrust, dribbling, and penetrating runs to arrive on the end of things in the box of Keita. I'd love to have such a player, but given our current options I think a long term signing who can play as Hendo/Gini/Fabinho operate right across our midfield three is more urgent and important
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 26th January 2020 at 07:23 AM.

if we got him, you'd have to think salah or mane would be leaving no way would we get someomne like mbappe without any big outgoing like coutinho was

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    if we got him, you'd have to think salah or mane would be leaving no way would we get someomne like mbappe without any big outgoing like coutinho was
    I don't think klopp would ever force one in his squad to leave.......especially his dream team.......

If he did that would be the beginning of the end IMO

But he absolutely has to bring in real competition.....
    Last edited by shminkyred; 26th January 2020 at 01:24 PM.

That's why I think it would take some kind of arrangement to be cooked up with Nike to happen, the idea is we have four top class forwards we can challenge for every single trophy and they can all get enough rest so they're always playing at peak, we don't want to sell a player to buy one in that area, that defeats the purpose of bringing in another top class striker altogether

A rumour's been floated I've seen on a few sites that Jurgen is going to have a £170 million budget, plus money recouped from players sales, I wanted us to bring in one of the midfielders we need this window so they could bed in before the start of next season and then if we bring another 2 players in to replace ones who have left/been sold to raise our levels still further, it's not a huge disruption to the squad, I think Lallana will leave on a free, Shaqiri will go, Lovren maybe, or he might be allowed to see out the remaining year of his contract, he's a weird one, a big part of me thinks he's only still here because he's Mo's bessie, so it's like we're paying Mo more to keep him around or Lovren's earning well in excess of his level for being Mo's bessie. Grujic I'm sure will be sold and we'll get a fair wedge for him, we don't really want players with any history of niggling injuries, Wilson will go and a few other loanees who are very good players but don't quite have the skill sets we need, so we should generate a fair wedge 70-100m from sales too, I honestly can't see Jurgen spending it all or most of it on one player, I don't see us bringing any more than 3 players in during the summer either so was really hoping for a No6 or No8 for the long term future or a LB as competition and cover for Robbo this window

Depending who's available this window and the summer window should have been/should be really big windows for us to improve our strength in depth and to bring in 3-4 top top quality players to replace the ones who will be leaving, to look to raise our levels again AND build for the long term future in the No6 and No8 (Hendo/Gini roles) area, at CB and by bringing in another top top quality forward and after years of running at outlays considerably lower than a lot of Premier League clubs in our net spends and hugely lower than all by the proportion of profit we generate that has gone towards net spend on tansfers, these two windows should be the ones they pull out all the stops in and back Jurgen to the absolute hilt to bring in 3 or 4 top top quality players, it's a huge chance to secure the best available 19-24 year old talent in the positions we need it and move further ahead of other clubs rather than standing still giving them an opportunity to try and close the gap
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 26th January 2020 at 01:43 PM.

I think people underestimate our potential spending power massively.

We must be hoarding money at this stage.
    Our net spend is ridiculously low - ranked 11th in the pl since Klopp arrived last time I checked.
    Net-spent/invested half as much on transfer since Klopp arrived as we did over the same time frame pre-klopp.

Our wages have remained stable as a percentage of revenue, which has been a healthy ratio as clubs measure it.

The club accounts will be out soon and it'll be interesting to see what our wage:revenue ratio is at.
    We've had a reported jump in revenue of £77.9million pounds from a bigger jump in revenue the previous season the one we lost the cl final to Madrid.
    Another interesting thing in the accounts will be our profit/loss margin.
    In the last set of accounts we posted a £125 mill profit iirc and in the accounts before that a £39mill profit. The clubs value due to success, capital investment stand/training facility will be up and the tv money in cl and pl is up too which will all help increase the value of the club.
    N4C used to say fsg would not take money out of the club, if true and I think it is true, then shareholders can see their return in the value of their shares rather than big dividends. With the way the club is going that in time could lead to big returns on share values and small tiny dividends in time.

The way we account transfers now is a little different to how I look at net spending. I look at net spend and they amortize transfer spending. So this isnt the right way to look at it, but I'm not gonna try and amortize.
    In 17/18
    With our revenue £77.9mill less and a net profit on transfers of £18.5mill roughly we profited £125mill.
    In 18/19 we net spent £127 mill on transfers with an increased revenue of £77.9mill.
    So as I look at it the net spend difference was £145.5 mill in effect.
    £125 million profit + £77.9million in revenue gain - some wage increases - £145.5 = some small enough profit/loss margin.
    £57.9 million profit minus wage increases.

This year we lost Sturridge 120-150kpw & Moreno 40-50kpw that would have been on the wage bill last year and Ings wages off the books for good now and we added minamino.
    This coming summer I think we'll lose Lallana 110kpw and Clyne 60-70kpw off the books.
    That's a lot in wages.

Players more likely to be sold/leave than Salah imo....
    Wilson and Grujic having some good success at top5 league clubs and a few suitors by rumours. If they are not part of Klopps plans and he says the move is probably best for them and their careers they could generate some transfer fees. If not they come home and start contributing.
    Shaqiri & Origi - a club legend and a club icon having partaken in big moments forever in our hearts LFC 4 Barca 0 , but they arent getting enough games and both could move on for regular first team football. Other clubs would be interested imo.
    Origi only signed a new contract last year, but that could be out of decency he is a top bloke stayed for the year picks up another few trophies and leaves with the blessings of all redmen and God for new adventures. If they move attackers need replacing.
    Lovren, one year left on his contract, might move might not, I think he might be least likely to leave.
    Theres no guarantees any of them will leave its upto Klopp and them and clubs offers.
    But there are 5 players who could leave this summer. Why people look at Mane & Salah first and foremost is beyond me.
    Imo both Mane & Salah will be bere next season at the very least and likely not gonna move till they are 30 years old for one last experience.

Good youth prospects.
    Williams, Ki-Hoever, Larouci, Lewis have all impressed somewhat when playing at rb or LB imo, Ki-Hoever perhaps a future CB.
    Jones & Elliot likewise.
    I've preferred Lewis at left back when I've seen him in the summer friendlies and his goals/assist record is better than Larouci.

Theres a limit to what we can do, but imo it's set pretty high.

Now this season 19/20 we have a net profit on transfers to date £26.73 million.
    We have had the extra games of the charity shield, Super cup & WCC.
    A lot depends on our CL run if we are gonna bank the same revenue. I really do think if we get beyond Atletico we have a great chance of retaining old big ears.

In 17/18 with slightly less profit on transfer dealings we banked £125 mill profit.
    If we reach the CL final this year say we likely increase revenue with those extra games.

£125profit + £77.9 increase in revenue if we can maintain it = £202.9 mill profit - minus wage differences (which could be negligible enough)