Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Kylian Mbappé

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Just imagine if we signed him. We'd have a front 3 of Salah, Firmino and Mané.
    Haha, he'll start for Real when he signs for them but he won't get in our team.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Just imagine if we signed him. We'd have a front 3 of Salah, Firmino and Mané.
    Funny, but let's not fuck about here, he's get in the starting 11 with the front 3

------------Alisson
    Trent Gomez/Joel VVD Robbo
    ----------1Fab 1lucky
    --------------Fab4
    Last edited by CCTV; 7th November 2019 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Kylian Mbappe continues to be linked with a move away from Paris Saint-Germain and Liverpool are seemingly ready to make a move for the attacker.

The 20-year-old has starred for PSG since arriving on loan in 2017, eventually joining for €180million, and is also a major target for LaLiga giants Real Madrid.

However, Champions League winners Liverpool could also make a move for the France international forward, according to El Desmarque, with a whopping Ł215million fee being mooted.

The report says the Premier League leaders have the funds to sign Mbappe after a quiet summer transfer window ahead of this season.

But Mbappe remains the main target for Madrid, who are also keen on Reds duo Mo Salah and Sadio Mane, despite being contracted at PSG until 2022.

He's still going to end up in Madrid
    Madrid wear adidas like manu, we'll be in Nike and hes a Nike athlete.

Pals with Fabinho from Monaco, tarting himself out on insta and probably wants to play with some solid Brazilians under Klopp.

Klopp tried to sign him prior to his joining PSG for 100 million and Klopp gets his man in the end #7

It's a done deal and it's going to be biblical....
    Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding;
    which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not:
    Last edited by CCTV; 7th November 2019 at 11:37 PM.

Firmino playmaker, Mane left, Salah right and Mbappé up top

Though I did see an ESPN yank pundit suggesting do we really want to see Mbappe pressing up top for Liverpool FC, before suggesting he'll join mediocrity united ��, again wearing Adidas ��

CC, will there ever come a point where you stop talking about Mbappe signing? Will it be when he goes to Real or when he retires?

Your optimism is killing me.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    CC, will there ever come a point where you stop talking about Mbappe signing? Will it be when he goes to Real or when he retires?

Your optimism is killing me.
    Neither of those potential outcomes are likely in the foreseeable future.

Is the significance of the Nike deal really wasted on you ?

Nike kit - Nike baller - done deal - even Milner has been warming up no7 for the goal celebrations.

He gets to join Klopp, a top squad and the bones of a young enough team that'll be here in a few years time listed below.

Alisson
    Trent Gomez 4 Robbo
    Oxo Fab Keita
    Elliot? Mbappe Origi?

Seriously Bali, think about it, where else is he gonna go ?

Last edited by CCTV; 8th November 2019 at 12:33 AM.

He's going to go to Real Madrid.

The Nike deal is important, but we're not that big a brand for them. The moment we don't get in the CL, they'll drop us like a dead baby. Also I doubt they have enough pull to seriously influence transfers.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Sly sports saying we're planning a 215m offer, with Salah going to madrid.
    Sounds plausible. If we're even considering spending that amount on a player we're definitely loosing either one of mane or salah
    Last edited by pob; 8th November 2019 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    He's going to go to Real Madrid.

The Nike deal is important, but we're not that big a brand for them. The moment we don't get in the CL, they'll drop us like a dead baby. Also I doubt they have enough pull to seriously influence transfers.
    Hey, hey, hey!!!

You cut that "not getting in the CL" talk out right now.

Tottenham, Arsenal and Man United are all in transition while we are absolutely killing it at nearly every level and in nearly every department.

We're being set up for 80+ point finishes year-in, year-out for the next 20 years and I don't want to hear otherwise 😁
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

We all don't Sid, but that's the reality. We need to make several deals like the Nike one to ensure that we can build on what little success (in the grand scheme of things) we've had recently. This squad has another two or three years in its current form at best, we need to capitalise on this current crop and the current manager to put the club in a better position to deal with the bad times when they one day come. And they will come.

Winning everything there is to win would be a wonderful start, but building infrastructure, scouting networks, scooping up young talent a la Chelsea, expanding the stadium, building the brand (I puke whenever I hear myself saying that) are all necessary components of this process.

We're in a position of power and we need to capitalise on it for the long term to cement ourselves as a force in world football, even if we miss out on trophies or even CL for a few years.

I want us to be able to say "So what, we've not won anything in five years, but this will change. We've got infinite money, infinite brand recognition and everybody likes us. We'll be fine." when the bad times come. I don't want fucking Jovanovic to be our marquee signing ever again!
    Last edited by Balinkay; 8th November 2019 at 11:19 AM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non