Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Kylian Mbappé

Why would we need one of the front 3 just to bring him in? we are not poor. Drop Mane back and move Henderson or Wijnaldum on. It's a no brainer for me. Mane dropped back to accommodate Coutinho and M'Bappe is twice the player he was.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Why would we need one of the front 3 just to bring him in? we are not poor. Drop Mane back and move Henderson or Wijnaldum on. It's a no brainer for me. Mane dropped back to accommodate Coutinho and M'Bappe is twice the player he was.
    I'd rather drop Bobby into midfield and have Mbappe through the middle with Mo and Mane either side. Bobby would make a great midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    I'd rather drop Bobby into midfield and have Mbappe through the middle with Mo and Mane either side. Bobby would make a great midfielder.
    That's how I see it. Bobby as a 10 our own kdb with better workrate. 4231 mostly so he can get his goals too.
    You can see one of our current midfielders sit in with Fabinho and then you can see where our other players can fill into that system. Whilst giving us an option of resting one of our top forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    This is the crux of it for me, a lot of people seem to think we are a tin pot club financially.
    Theres money there to be spent and a massive appeal to develop the club further financially.
    The club historically has huge appeal and currently the brand appeal is clear in the global market.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Whichever way wouldn't bother me, the fact for me is, we wouldn't need to sell to bring him in.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I used to be staunchly against Bobby being played in midfield. I think I'm kind of still against it, but with our good defence and Fabinho it seems a more reasonable proposition now.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Why play a forward in midfield?

That's the thing, he's not exactly a forward. In Hoffe he used to play as an AM in a 4-2-3-1 iirc.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    That's the thing, he's not exactly a forward. In Hoffe he used to play as an AM in a 4-2-3-1 iirc.
    But he is for us and has been brilliant.
    I'm all for bringing in top players but as long as they fit into our system ( you know the one that's been pretty decent over the past couple of years )
    If it's not broke why break it ?

Oh yeah, I definitely agree. Just pointing out it might not be completely insane to pull him back.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non