Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Kylian Mbappé

I said months ago when all this Mbappe bollox came about i'd prefer Werner just on gut feel and what ive seen of him he is very good..fits our system...works hard..has pace and is hungry to improve.

Mbappe is brilliant no doubt but I dont really want him as he will want £300-400k a week and that WILL without doubt cause priblems here.

Klopp wont go for Mbappe of that im sure as he is nailed on to go to Madrid.

I wouldnt be surprised if Werner has already signed for us as Reddy never mentioned his name but dropped hints of players ages around 20-24 and in the £50m bracket....he fits that bill as does Soumare who 19 is a fan of.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I said months ago when all this Mbappe bollox came about i'd prefer Werner just on gut feel and what ive seen of him he is very good..fits our system...works hard..has pace and is hungry to improve.

Mbappe is brilliant no doubt but I dont really want him as he will want £300-400k a week and that WILL without doubt cause priblems here.

I wouldnt be surprised if Werner has already signed for us as Reddy never mentioned his name but dropped hints of players ages around 20-24 and in the £50m bracket....he fits that bill as does Soumare who 19 is a fan of.

Spot on really as far as I'm concerned...£300-400k a week??...Anybody thinking we're gonna fork out that kind of dosh on any player are having a tin bath!!...

I'm a massive fan of both Werner and Soumare and that's pretty much my wishlist for the summer, Werner, Soumare and a LB, don't think we'll see anymore business than that, although, with Brexshit possibly making signings down the line a bit more problematic it might be possible we move to bring one or two more in. If we just get Werner and Soumare I'll be absolutely delighted, the Fabian Ruiz link was certainly a VERY interesting one though, not ahead of Soumare as his type of player is exactly what we need for immediate contribution and long term for No6 and both No8 positions, but if we were to sign an additional midfielder as well as Soumare, Ruiz set of skills are ones which I feel would compliment what we already have incredibly well at LCM No8, he has the defensive skills, he has the strength and ability to hold onto the ball in incredibly tight areas under pressure, he is naturally left footed which would give us even greater balance, his left foot is a wand and he is capable of playing brilliant through balls, one and two touch, has incredible vision and a fantastic left to right switch and is great from set pieces and shots from distance, with how we play and that channel between oppositions RCB and RB being almost always open and considering his killer through balls, trickery and ability to score from distance I feel he would be another perfect fit.

The Havertz link is brilliant too, but very expensive, I watched him a lot last season as I was keeping an eye on Brandt, not so much this season, so I did have a look at some highlight reels and he seems to be playing in the No10 position or at least occupying it as their play develops a lot more and I understand now where the potential 'next Bobby' comparisons have come from, but I don't see that one happening, we need the additional top class forward Werner and with Lallana and Shaq almost certainly set to leave in the summer and Millie being 35 at the turn of the year and Hendo pushing 31 and Gini pushing 30 I think that additional top class forward and Soumare and possibly Fabian Ruiz to and a LB are where we need to strengthen most, I think in the forward position and midfield it's vital we get those players in and strengthen that area for the immediate and long term future this summer

At CB I think Lovren will be allowed to see out his contract and Jurgen will see how our young CBs progress and develop next season, I'm a big fan of Konate and saw a lot of him last season when I was keeping tabs on Werner as we were linked, funny watching games to have a look at a linked player and then seeing a Havertz and a Konate, he's an exceptional player an only young, another where you look at him and you can very easily picture him playing in our team as we play and fitting in perfectly with immediate effect

Edit: And another VITAL piece of business is getting Gini to sign a new contract
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 7th February 2020 at 05:02 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    How good could Mbappe be when teams sit in against us?? hes world class when hes got the space to run into. But he wont be given that space in most games.
    We seem to sign players like Minamino who can run into little spaces between the oppositions midfield and backline. Time will tell if he produces enough. I have good hopes for in the long run.
    Imo Mbappe would be much better than Werner when teams sit in against us.
    Hes got better talent in tight spaces.

To me Werner is like signing Kuyt - Timo to score more hopefully.
    Whereas Mbappe would be like signing Suarez. Mbappe to develop further in the environment.

Ones valued at 200mill the other 75mill on transfermarkt for a reason.

Can those who have seen the likes of Mbappe, Havertz, Werner etc play, please outline what attributes they have (or not) that would/wouldn't make them suitable for us/Klopp?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Imo Mbappe would be much better than Werner when teams sit in against us.
    Hes got better talent in tight spaces.

To me Werner is like signing Kuyt - Timo to score more hopefully.
    Whereas Mbappe would be like signing Suarez. Mbappe to develop further in the environment.

Ones valued at 200mill the other 75mill on transfermarkt for a reason.
    You are right Mbappe is a better individual player but as a team player I don’t think he is you can see how he reacts to being subbed/rested Klopp will not stand for that.

He might be better in tight spaces but imo good players always find space that’s why it is so hard to stop our 3 and the likes of Aguero from scoringas an example.

Werner value is only £50m due to his release clause in real terms he would go for £80-100m in this market.

I know you are a huge fan of Mbappe and he is a great player but I just cannot see us paying the fee of over £200m and his wages which will be around £20m per year it just isn’t going to happen as it totally rocks the boat with the other players.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Can those who have seen the likes of Mbappe, Havertz, Werner etc play, please outline what attributes they have (or not) that would/wouldn't make them suitable for us/Klopp?
    Mbappe has great pace, power, trickery and the genuine ability to go either way and finish with either foot and is devastating one v one and sometimes 2 v 1, he misses quite a few he really should bury, he benefits from playing in the most expensively assembled squad by a mile in his league and the quality of his team being vastly superior to all the others, he benefits from getting a lot more time and space to make his decisions and pick his spot than he would in the Premier League and playing against defenders who aren't at the level of most Premier League defenders, never mind the very best ones and he doesn't do all the hard running, closing down and team pressing all of our forwards do. Would need work and to adapt to a faster paced league and much better defenders but could play in our LFWD or RFWD positon, they are the positions he mostly adopts in games

Werner plays in a side that is in the position Liverpool were in relation to City 3 seasons ago, although his side has Bayern AND Dortmund ahead of them in spending power and squad quality and depth, he has absolutely electric pace and great strength, can finish with either foot and is a lot more clinical in his finishing then MBappe, he can play right across the line as Rush used to for us and often plays right across the line for RB, he doesn't do all the fancy tricks of MBappe, he reminds me more of Mane, incredible pace off the mark and strength, shapes one way, goes the other, past the defender or through the channel and just leaves defenders for dead with absolutely blistering pace with the ball under very close control. Reads plays really well, gets a few from late runs through the channels into the box and plays some great balls through the channel between the two Cbs that would be perfect for Mane or Salah when he finds himself in the No9 position. Works really hard closing down and team pressing, a notable change from last season when for me he didn't do enough of it. Everything he does and how he does it looks like you're watching one of our forwards, looks like he would seamlessly slot in at LFWD or RFWD or in a more advanced version of Bobby's role

Harvetz I saw a lot of last season as I was watching a lot of their games and RB's games because of the Brandt and Werner links, last season he played mostly at RCM in a 433, a feature of their play from their LCm and RCM is that they would receive the ball, make a pass across field and then move from there quickly into a No10 position to continue making the play or be in a position to make a run into the box or be found around the edge of it if play developed differently. Made the plays really well, got plenty of goals and assists from that No10 position and a more attacking No8 position as we understand it. Has great reading and understanding of the game, vision, movement and finishing. Although I admitedly haven't seen as much of him this season, I've looked at some show reels and he seems to be occupying that No10 position a lot more and is using greater levels of trickery and skill to create or score which although not at the insane level of quality and variety Bobby does them, you can see why the 'next Bobby' comparisons are being drawn and the potential is definitely there for that to happen. I'd class him as an attacking No8 or a No9 in the Bobby role, not sure he's a priority given we're quite well stocked there, whereas at LFWD and RFWD we're going to be missing Mane and Mo for 8 games during a crucial period next season

I've covered the 2 mids Soumare and Fabian Ruiz quite extensively already and won't again is this is more a forwards debate
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Nobody really knows where he's going, I'd actually prefer Werner, just think MBappe could disrupt our squad harmony, he's been growing up hanging around with Neymar who is a complete 'the ego had landed' knob
    Disagree
    Mbappé is a humble very mature guy.
    The problem is PSG; it is toxic and it is too easy league.

Mbappé needs a bigger challenge and proper manager.
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Disagree
    Mbappé is a humble very mature guy.
    The problem is PSG; it is toxic and it is too easy league.

Mbappé needs a bigger challenge and proper manager.
    Oh yeah, looked humble as fuck the other day with Tuchel.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

You are right Mbappe is a better individual player but as a team player I don’t think he is you can see how he reacts to being subbed/rested Klopp will not stand for that.

He might be better in tight spaces but imo good players always find space that’s why it is so hard to stop our 3 and the likes of Aguero from scoringas an example.

Werner value is only £50m due to his release clause in real terms he would go for £80-100m in this market.

I know you are a huge fan of Mbappe and he is a great player but I just cannot see us paying the fee of over £200m and his wages which will be around £20m per year it just isn’t going to happen as it totally rocks the boat with the other players.
    He's been part of two very succesful teams in Monaco & France. He's a great egg by many accounts. Fabinho approves the concept of landing Mbappe so theres his opinion on his adaptability to life at lfc.
    In general it looks bad reacting the way he did, we've seen it with Ox and a bloodthirsty Mane this season. More talented than Couts and Sterling who had bigger strops here by a way imo looking for a move.
    But I wouldnt underplay Tommy Tuchels role in the controversy. He'd a similar incident a month earlier with Tuchels and this latest one played out poorly for him/Tommy imo.
    Mbappe wants away, I can't blame him tbh.

That's exactly what I'm on about and believe he is way ahead of Werner on this count imo.

On transfermarkt- Mbappe is valued at €200million and Werner at €75million. Their value isnt based on release/clause or duration of contract left. Age is a factor on market value but neither are struggling with age.

That's fair enough, I disagree obviously. Same way I dont believe landing Virgil 2 years ago now, has rocked the boat in anyway. Our 2 fullbacks and front 3 wages are enough proof of that reality imo. With Mbappe I get the reply of hes not a vital addition.
    But for me that's irrelevant, the worlds best centreforward and soon to be dominant global star for the coming decade by most metrics is potentially available now. If so we move and seal the deal. People look at the Virgil fee or the Alisson fee fondly now and I think people would do similar with Mbappe.
    It also comes down to where you want or think the club is headed. Do you want it to stay with the niche New Balance or move on with Nike.
    Do you want it to be the biggest revenue generating Club in the pl and thereafter world football. Or do you want it to be more of an underdog worrying about the financial power of other bigger clubs.
    Deloitte - a good bit to play for yet this season, suspect us, city or both of us could overtake united this season in terms of revenue generated.
    If United don't make the top4 this season, the next season when our Nike deal is on the books I suspect we'll be the biggest revenue generating club in the UK. Cl ko stages play a big part.
    Thereafter - we'd be looking at a post-messi barca and a real madrid in transition and aiming for top revenue generating club in world football. In terms of commercial appeal Mbappe represents a unique selling point.

I dont think we'll break 200 million for him, which is a concern as real would do by a lot more than us.
    We have our target go, Lfc or no one as with Vvd. We deal with the club and settle a fee.

Mbappe leads Werner on talent, goals and assists, experience at the top level and in terms of Klopp and what he can add to a player theres far more appeal in signing Mbappe than Werner imo.

Werner is cheaper and so cant be sniffed at. But hes not as good, less room for Klopp to improve him imo and ultimately doesnt have the commercial appeal to develop the club financially off the pitch. Saying that hed be a great enough addition.