Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 141718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Kylian Mbappé

PSG paid around £160m for him so they will ask for more hopefully they get screwed over as they with Neymar ruined the market.

Mbappe is on £350k a week he isnt going to take £200-250k a week not many players offer a pay cut !

Bale is on over £500k a week god knows how/why so IF Madrid shift him then the wages are in place for Mbappe.

He would score bucket loads for us but I like a few others dont see it due to finances not quality of the player.

Agreed - his quality is extremely high but let’s be honest here C Ronaldo was on another level at 19 in foreign land and in a much tougher league - so good though Mbappe is in the current climate of transfer fees he will be over priced

It's that time of year...

Seen Mbop for the Kop recently saying he wanted to be part of a project and apparently not too happy with PSGs season, only winning a domestic cup.

ZZ has just left Real, perhaps waiting on the France job - hes got a cracking record in ko football at the elite, champions level and France are quite well stacked. Would be a good time to take the helm for him. Perhaps ZZ takes the PSG job.

Of course theres a bit of a managerial merry go round at the minute. So who ends up where is a hit of a mystery.

Mbop is entering his final year and all kinds of rumours abound. Hes signed for Madrid now they've lost ZZ, hmmm
    He will sign an extension with a buyout clause for next summer. Which would seem odd adding on a big enough fee to get him out of PSG, when he could just insure himself in case of a career ending injury.

What other projects are on the go at the minute?

Roman's romantic Chelsea?
    Mansours romantic City ?
    Real Madrid with Carlo ?

Be interesting to see who city buy to replace Aguerro.
    Lots of speculation it will be Kane, could be Halaand, could it be Mbappe?

Speculation suggests chelsea will move for lukaku.

Lfc linked with Patson Daka, who one might expect to be a cheaper wage option than Mbop. Or could it be an Edwards negotiation strategy.

Think Mbappe is at the point where he needs to get out of the french league and challenge himself in the pl or la liga.
    I wouldn't be signing an extension with PSG of I were him, of course if I were actually him I'd be on my way to Blackpool for the summer holiers and learning how to live on a paltry 250kpw.

The numbers involved to get him onboard would be astrinomical. Absolutely no chance.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Why can’t we do it though?

Are we just not in that bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Why can’t we do it though?

Are we just not in that bracket?
    No.
    We're not.

We're not the sort of club that pays 300k wages (which is almost certainly what he would want), or the kinds that splonks the type of money that PSG will (rightly) demand for him - regardless of how over-priced you may deem it to be.

And before anyone points out Virgil or Allisson, let's not forget that we sort of shot ourselves in the foot with the Virgil deal when we could have had him for almost as much as 20 million less than we eventually paid for him had we not got caught up in that whole "tapping up" scandal that allowed the Saints to jack up his buying fee.

And in Allisson's case, in retrospect I think we can all agree we actually ended up getting a bargain deal, given the market for competent goalies and ESPECIALLY given what Chelsea got in that same transfer window when they made Kepa the world's most expensive goalkeeper.

And even then, we're still not the kind of club to pay 150 million or 200...250 million on a single player.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Well maybe if he really wants to play for us - he can live on a measly £200,000 a week.

Should be enough for him to muddle on with. But I realise he can earn far more.

Acquiring Mbappe would ruin our wage structure.

If he is on X amount with us having done sweet FA for Liverpool so far, versus players that have ran through walls for Klopp who need contract extensions, they'd have every right to ask for more than we are willing to give them.

So the "answer" to that is to tie them down to contracts and THEN sign Mbappe, which they would see right through and there's every chance they stop running through those brick walls.

Mbappe would be a dream, but it's almost certainly absolute fantasy land stuff.

Even when we buy "ready-made" players they're (already) rarely superstars and tend to go up a level on our watch, for Barca/Real Madrid to then come sniffing round. Thanks to improvements in recent years (particularly with transfers) we have now gone up a gear in the sense that we don't end up forced to sell our stars in terms that don't suit us. But it's hard to picture us reaching a level of buying Galactico-esque talent - one injury and the whole eggs/basket analogy comes to pass.

Would also add that, as important as goals are, assists are a huge attacking factor as well.

For 20/21 Kylian Mbappe has a total of -

- 7 asssists
    - 14 key passes (these are passes leading to a shot on goal) and he created a total of 21 chances.

Jadon Sancho has a total of -

- 11 assists
    - 26 key passes and he created a total of 37 chances.

Pass completion rate is important too, particularly the pass completion rate into the opponent's box as that's where goals happen.

Kylian Mbappe has a pass completion rate of 79.53 % and a rate of 44.44% for passes into the box.

Jadon Sancho has a pass completion rate of 80.81% and a rate of 66.67 % for passes into the box.

Mbappe gets more goals. He is the "better" player in this sense. Let's say he costs £210m to acquire and Sancho costs £70m to acquire. The question you have to ask yourself in that hypothetical is this - is Mbappe worth THREE TIMES as much as Sancho to us? Bear in mind we are only bearing in transfer fees here - wages could increase this disparity as well if Mbappe would command a higher wage than Sancho, which he likely would.

Also worth noting that Sancho (gets less goals admittedly) is producing in the more difficult League - indeed he has 30 goal involvements (or more) for 3 seasons running now - plus is English which would help with the Homegrown rules and would add "England tax" value should we ever decide to sell further down the line. Would also help to be a beacon to young English players that they could go far with us - if he worked out.

Another point people will raise to pick a hole in Sancho's assists (which is fair enough) is that he is passing to Haaland - and giving the ball to Haaland is like getting "free" goals. But he is getting the ball there and thus is doing what's required.

I'm rambling a bit now - point I was trying to raise (as I appreciate value / making the most of things / getting every drop of juice from the Lemon) is whether or not Mbappe is worth approximately 3 Sanchos, plus the higher wages and the risks associated. He is certainly worth more than Sancho, but 3 times?

Being worth more than DOUBLE our front three (again, we buy players and they develop here, we don't traditionally go "top shelf") seems mad to me - as utterly fantastic as it would be to have him here.