Page 1 of 36 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Alisson

Alisson

Congrats are in order for winning the Copa (alongside Firmino), obviously,.....
    A bit of perspective and context on what he's been able to achieve this season as he's actually had one of the most successful single seasons of a net-minder in living history:
    Check out the silver.....

Alisson’s 2018/19 season:

- Copa America champion

- Copa America Golden Glove

- Champions League winner

- Champions League Golden Glove

- Premier League Golden Glove

Additionally , for club and country this 2018/2019 season....

62 games
    • 36 clean sheets
    • 36 goals conceded
    • 2 trophies
    And the only goal he conceded at the Copa didn't come until the final and was from a penalty. Meaning he never conceded any goals from open play at all.

As many clean sheet kept as goals conceded.
    Fucking insane.
    And with those stats he legitimately put himself in the conversation for the Balon d'Or as a potential winner and goalkeeper-winner first - where he'd go against teammate and other legit contender in Virgil Van Dijk.

And both Liverpool players.
    It doesn't get that much better than this, lads.
    One more* piece of silverware missing from his collection and he best pick it up next season.

Oh, and he also just done did went and had a son, Matteo, with his wife as well amidst all that.
    Busy fella.

(*well actually, two.
    World Cup too,...... I guess)

'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Long may he reign.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

It's been quite a couple of months for the best goalkeeper in the world. Can't, wait to see him back between the sticks for us.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Should have saved some money and bought butland on the cheap

Love the guy, so unflappable, such great anticipation, positioning and reflexes, I think he's underrated outside our fanbase because of all that as he makes things other keepers have to make sprawling saves for look easy. Our defending in combination with their confidence in Allisson and his in them really helps to, it's an aspect of our game I really love as it's something I moaned about in defending for a loooong time. Our defenders know how good he is, so instead of going to ground, diving in, or selling themselves cheaply, they stand up, force attackers away from goal and make brilliant angles for Allisson. I used to loathe defenders diving in, because if you've got a top keeper in your goal, rather than diving in getting done and leaving the attacker the whole goal to aim at, just stand up and make a really good angle for your keeper and give the attacker a lot less of the goal to aim at. Football's not rocket science
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Well this reader poll seems to make it official....

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-liverpool-star-alisson-has-been-named-the-best-goalkeeper-in-the-world-20190709

And a b it of an amendment to my original post.

I had said that if he wins the Balon d'Or he would be the first keeper and non-outfield player to do so.
    That's actually not correct as another Goalkeeper (Russian Lev Yashin) won it in 1963 as the only goalkeeper to do so.

Also worth noting that his clean sheets kept number for us in his debut season is a premier league record for a keeper in his first season in the league eclipsing the record held by a previous Liverpool Keeper (Reina) in his debut season for us.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

And to think, just 18 months ago it was a fight between Mignolet and Karius for the jersey.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    And to think, just 18 months ago it was a fight between Mignolet and Karius for the jersey.
    Indeed - although the word 'fight' in conjunction with the names Karius and Mignolet seems a little aggressive to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Indeed - although the word 'fight' in conjunction with the names Karius and Mignolet seems a little aggressive to me..
    lol
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    To be fair how good would the Mig look with VDV and Robertson playing in front of him?

Would Costello look as good playing behind Lovren and Moreno?
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side