Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314151617181922 ... LastLast

Thread: Alisson

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Different gravy. Cassillas? Not up there with the best at all in my book.
    Buffon maybe close but not the other 2, not even close. He was the lynchpin of utds dominance.
    Personally think peak Casillas was very comparable to peak Buffon. Would even take Casillas for reflexes over the Italian. What's your opinion on Cech? I absolutely loved him to bits - he's apparently playing hockey in some English league since he loved it as a kid!

I'm very impressed by the level of love for Schmeichel in this thread, I must say.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Personally think peak Casillas was very comparable to peak Buffon. Would even take Casillas for reflexes over the Italian. What's your opinion on Cech? I absolutely loved him to bits - he's apparently playing hockey in some English league since he loved it as a kid!

I'm very impressed by the level of love for Schmeichel in this thread, I must say.
    Cech was awesome. A huge reason chelsea had so much success. Definitley up there with the best prem keepers, not sure ehere I'd have him overall. Would need some deep thought. Lolz etc.

Schmeichel was class, surprised a few have him ahead of Buffon Kahn etc

Where does Schmeichel rank steveo? I'm too young to remember him.
    He was epic to be fair... Has to be up there with the best of them. I would still plump for Neuer or Banks.. at times both were barely beatable... The Great Dane was amazing especially one v one - shot stopping though - not sure he is quite what the other two were/are - but hey I really don’t know if anyone can really know definitely. These are all amazing keepers we are talking about.

Another contender ..

Lev Yashin.. that’s going back some too though

Yeah, I've only heard of him. My grandpa even mentioned the guy, and grandad never watched football!

From youtube footage I've seen Schmeichel's performance in Euro '02 was something else.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Wow !!

Alisson Becker has played 5 "win or go home" matches for #LFC. Either finals or games where we faced elimination.
    Flamengo
    Salzburg A
    Spurs
    Barca H
    Napoli H
    In those matches he has saved ALL 26 opposition shots on target. Including 6 big chances 🔥

Yeah yeah yeah… I kind of hate these cherry picking stats.

He conceded two to Man City last year.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I remember when we went through a period of conceding from just about every first shot on target, the Great Mig was our No1 keeper in those dark days, ably assisted by the inimitable Karius.

Still worries me every time with pissing about passing the ball back to him. Otherwise solid keeper

Our bearded bear

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”