Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 811121314151617181920212223242528 ... LastLast

Thread: Alisson

Amazing to think that he probably wasn’t anyone’s first choice, but he’s probably the best in the world now.

I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Amazing to think that he probably wasn’t anyone’s first choice, but he’s probably the best in the world now.

Thankfully, he was Klopp's first choice.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The clean sheets are stacking up and that was a Hell of a bit of patience before a well-timed Bear Paw today.

Just a joy. Mignolet and Karius almost feel like distant memories now.
    Hee hee I call him Big Bear Allisson
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post

He is another damned fine example of players working really hard at their games and Jurgen and the team working on things together to work to each others strengths.

We all have ideas of players who we think would be very good for us, but we all trust Jurgen and our scouting and data analysis team on every signing because they have an exemplary record.

I had reservations about Allisson prior to his arrival because when I watched him for Roma and Brazil he had a habit of parrying the ball straight out into the penalty area and just outside the box, I saw him do it loads of times, whereas I've always believed that a keeper should parry the ball out wide away from the goal towards either corner or out for a corner or throw in and since he has been here he has not only done exactly that, but he has done that absolutely brilliantly.

He's absolutely incredible, I've seen him use that parry out wide from a cross, cross shot or shot as a pass to one of our players numerous times, THAT is some serious world class next level shit, and it's the control of the speed and distance and angle of his parries too, he's just an incredible keeper.

When Jurgen signed him, I had every confidence he'd be brilliant and thought the parrying in front of him back into the penalty area or to the edge of it was maybe a goalkeeping coach and coach preference of what they wanted him to do at Roma and for Brazil. It's also really helped by our defenders making sure he has a clear line of sight and making good angles for him and not flashing a leg at things they aren't going to be able to block to potentially deflect them away from him

Note to Fabinho: Do not ever be so stupid as to stick a leg out like you did on Ings v Southampton, always remember you have Virgil behind you most likely on the cover (as he was) and an absolutely incredible keeper

10 clean sheets in 18 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He is another damned fine example of players working really hard at their games and Jurgen and the team working on things together to work to each others strengths.

We all have ideas of players who we think would be very good for us, but we all trust Jurgen and our scouting and data analysis team on every signing because they have an exemplary record.

I had reservations about Allisson prior to his arrival because when I watched him for Roma and Brazil he had a habit of parrying the ball straight out into the penalty area and just outside the box, I saw him do it loads of times, whereas I've always believed that a keeper should parry the ball out wide away from the goal towards either corner or out for a corner or throw in and since he has been here he has not only done exactly that, but he has done that absolutely brilliantly.

He's absolutely incredible, I've seen him use that parry out wide from a cross, cross shot or shot as a pass to one of our players numerous times, THAT is some serious world class next level shit, and it's the control of the speed and distance and angle of his parries too, he's just an incredible keeper.

When Jurgen signed him, I had every confidence he'd be brilliant and) thought the parrying in front of him back into the penalty area or to the edge of it was maybe a goalkeeping coach and coach preference of what they wanted him to do at Roma and for Brazil. It's also really helped by our defenders making sure he has a clear line of sight and making good angles for him and not flashing a leg at things they aren't going to be able to block to potentially deflect them away from him

Note to Fabinho: Do not ever be so stupid as to stick a leg out like you did on Ings v Southampton, always remember you have Virgil behind you most likely on the cover (as he was) and an absolutely incredible keeper
    I found an article about Danny Ings over the weekend. He's one hell of a good guy.
    Danny Ings:
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.beyondsport.org/project/d/danny-ings-disability-sports-project/&ved=2ahUKEwjV2o_J2dbnAhVASxUIHS8eAIA4ChAWMAB6BAgA EAE&usg=AOvVaw1JiCrbOW0TB1AOB8tPSgEL

You can't help but love Big Bear Allisson

Another incredible match winning save from Big Bear Allisson tonight, top top class as ever

I love watching re-runs of our games in the past.I watched highlights of league cup final against Bolton in 1995..David James was doing his upmost to cost us goals by running out of his area.We had a great side under Roy Evans. Just not the goal keeper.
    Thankfully we have a keeper now who saves us points,And not loses them.
    One thing else I noticed about the game.John Barnes was being booed numerous times when he was in possession of the ball.
    Not sure if he did anything to upset the Bolton fans. Or he was being booed for other reasons. With all the racism we see in modern day football. Just makes you wonder if that what was happening that day.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Let's also give some credit to Adrian. He's been great when called upon