Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1215161718192021222324252627282932 ... LastLast

Thread: Alisson

Hope Big Bear is back for Wednesday, Jurgen says not, I hope it's a bit of gamesmanship
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Hope Big Bear is back for Wednesday, Jurgen says not, I hope it's a bit of gamesmanship
    Sadly, given his track record when it comes to mind games (i.e. he doesn’t do mind games), I don’t think we’ll be seeing Alisson on Wednesday. Robertson however will be available.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Sadly, given his track record when it comes to mind games (i.e. he doesn’t do mind games), I don’t think we’ll be seeing Alisson on Wednesday. Robertson however will be available.
    I thought it was stupid to play Robbo v Chelsea anyway, what's the point in playing him in that game and playing Origi at LFWD so he's no-one to link up with, it was just a waste of energy

Is Alisson brasil no1 or Ederson 🤣🤣🤣🦆

Caoimhín Odhrán Kelleher is out for the rest of the season. Bad news for the young lad.....

https://readliverpoolfc.com/2020/03/09/knee-ligament-damage-may-rule-kelleher-out-for-the-rest-of-the-season/
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Well, at least Big Bear Allisson will be back by the time the League resumes if it does

I felt a bit for Adrian, he'd been very good for us in all his games, made some very important saves to help us get wins, he did also let a few in we all knew Allisson would have saved, but he was miles better for us than either Karius or Mignolet ever had been and made saves they wouldn't have.

Ultimately, Allisson is the best keeper in the world and any second choice keeper is going to be made to look poor standing in for him however good they are in their own merit.

It was just desperately unfortunate that Adrian made two really bad errors along with 2 poor pieces of defending from Gomez that cost us so very dearly v Atletico. In his press conference Simeone blatantly knew it, he looked like a man who simply couldn't believe his luck, who knew his side had been totally and utterly outclassed and that errors by our keeper and RCB had gifted them a win in a game they should have been absolutely buried in.

I get accused of bashing Gomez, I think he is an absolutely excellent long term prospect, but he isn't our second best CB. He has only played 19 games for us at CB, in most of those games the team press and counter press has been excellent and he's mostly only faced situations in which teams are trying to counter or knock balls over the top and he can use his pace.

Gomez is still very inexperienced at CB, he hasn't played over 200 games at CB like Matip and had a lot of defending of all sorts of different scenarios against better teams than his to do in most of those 200 plus games. And for me that is part of becoming a great CB, having to do that amount of defending of such a variety of different situations against better teams than your own, that's what gives CBs their better positioning, awareness, reading of the game and ability to do the right thing when unexpected things happen, because they've had situations like that happen before.

Gomez doesn't have that experience, and for me he's been found out quite a few times in the last few games when he's been faced with situations that he hasn't had experience of and that don't result from our team press and counter press making any situations that do develop easy to read and allow Gomez to play to his strengths and use his extra pace

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, at least Big Bear Allisson will be back by the time the League resumes if it does

I felt a bit for Adrian, he'd been very good for us in all his games, made some very important saves to help us get wins, he did also let a few in we all knew Allisson would have saved, but he was miles better for us than either Karius or Mignolet ever had been and made saves they wouldn't have.

Ultimately, Allisson is the best keeper in the world and any second choice keeper is going to be made to look poor standing in for him however good they are in their own merit.

It was just desperately unfortunate that Adrian made two really bad errors along with 2 poor pieces of defending from Gomez that cost us so very dearly v Atletico. In his press conference Simeone blatantly knew it, he looked like a man who simply couldn't believe his luck, who knew his side had been totally and utterly outclassed and that errors by our keeper and RCB had gifted them a win in a game they should have been absolutely buried in.

I get accused of bashing Gomez, I think he is an absolutely excellent long term prospect, but he isn't our second best CB. He has only played 19 games for us at CB, in most of those games the team press and counter press has been excellent and he's mostly only faced situations in which teams are trying to counter or knock balls over the top and he can use his pace.

Gomez is still very inexperienced at CB, he hasn't played over 200 games at CB like Matip and had a lot of defending of all sorts of different scenarios against better teams than his to do in most of those 200 plus games. And for me that is part of becoming a great CB, having to do that amount of defending of such a variety of different situations against better teams than your own, that's what gives CBs their better positioning, awareness, reading of the game and ability to do the right thing when unexpected things happen, because they've had situations like that happen before.

Gomez doesn't have that experience, and for me he's been found out quite a few times in the last few games when he's been faced with situations that he hasn't had experience of and that don't result from our team press and counter press making any situations that do develop easy to read and allow Gomez to play to his strengths and use his extra pace
    There are many reasons why Alisson is one of the best and obviously far better than Adrian Karius and Mignolet. He's not perfect but his confidence is so supreme that even when he makes the odd mistake he quickly puts it out of his mind. Mignolet, Adrian and even Karius are decent keepers but they appear to be mentally weak. Make one mistake and they fall apart. Alisson fits right in with the rest of Klopps mentality monsters

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    There are many reasons why Alisson is one of the best and obviously far better than Adrian Karius and Mignolet. He's not perfect but his confidence is so supreme that even when he makes the odd mistake he quickly puts it out of his mind. Mignolet, Adrian and even Karius are decent keepers but they appear to be mentally weak. Make one mistake and they fall apart. Alisson fits right in with the rest of Klopps mentality monsters
    Agree, the mentality is incredibly important, Adrian panicked after his first error, wasn't helped out as well as he should have been by his defence, then was unfortunate in slipping as he went to push off to dive, after that he absolutely crumbled.

The defending should have been better to prevent their lad getting near the box for their second, but after that, both Gomez and Henderson made a superb angle for him blocking two thirds of the goal leaving their lad with very little to aim at and Adrian's positioning was woeful and he simply should not be letting that goal in.

His positioning was again woeful for their third, so as you say, he was found wanting severely in mental strength, having been so good for us as good as we could hope any No2 keeper playing in place of the world's best to be earlier in the season, the pressure of a Champions League last 16 knock out tie, of which he'd had no prior experience, got the better of him after his first mistake

The bear
    What a player