Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Alisson

Schmeichel best ever I think.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Schmeichel best ever I think.
    Overall?! Or just PL / English top flight?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    For me, the best keeper in the premier league. He was a monster.
    For me 2. Of the players of my living or watching years. He is the best keeper ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Overall?! Or just PL / English top flight?
    Overall from what I've watched.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Overall from what I've watched.
    Better than peak Casillas, Buffon and Neuer?! Damn. That's high praise. Must have been a sight to behold.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I know i'll defintely be in minority here but i'm yet to be wholly convinced. I personally think VDV has been far and away the biggest influence on the backline and our defending in general.

I'd like to see how Allison would look playing behind Lovren and Moreno every week. Likewise, it would interesting to see what the Mig would be like behind the current backline.

Schmiechel has been the best keeper of the last 40 years (at least of those Ive seen play). Without doubt he was the biggest influence in that United team of the 90s and probabaly won them 2 or 3 titles than they deserved.

I'm convinced if we'd had Schmiechel in goal instead of the likes of James, Hooper, Friedle, Westerveld we'd have won the league at least once in the 90s. Though like Allison would he'd have looked as good playing behind Phill Babb, Razor Ruddock and Julian Dicks?
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Better than peak Casillas, Buffon and Neuer?! Damn. That's high praise. Must have been a sight to behold.
    Absolutely.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Different gravy. Cassillas? Not up there with the best at all in my book.
    Buffon maybe close but not the other 2, not even close. He was the lynchpin of utds dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I know i'll defintely be in minority here but i'm yet to be wholly convinced. I personally think VDV has been far and away the biggest influence on the backline and our defending in general.

I'd like to see how Allison would look playing behind Lovren and Moreno every week. Likewise, it would interesting to see what the Mig would be like behind the current backline.

Schmiechel has been the best keeper of the last 40 years (at least of those Ive seen play). Without doubt he was the biggest influence in that United team of the 90s and probabaly won them 2 or 3 titles than they deserved.

I'm convinced if we'd had Schmiechel in goal instead of the likes of James, Hooper, Friedle, Westerveld we'd have won the league at least once in the 90s. Though like Allison would he'd have looked as good playing behind Phill Babb, Razor Ruddock and Julian Dicks?
    Was willing to pay his own plane ticket fee for a trial at LFC. Didnt get accepted. Or so I've read.
    John Barnes talks about his admiration for him in his autobiog. He used to play handball a lot and thats how he developed into such a great keeper, mastered that starjump save he used to do from handball.
    Last edited by teesred; 29th October 2019 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post

I don't think you're in the minority with that view, mate.

Certainly not on here.
    VvD has by far and away been the biggest influence and cause in our massive improvement in defense since Klopp arrived.
    With Allisson probably not that far behind.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!