Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617181920212225 ... LastLast

Thread: Alisson

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    More assists that Lingard
    Lolzard

Absolutely superb for our big bear again, nothing he could have done about the goal, if Matip's fully fit and playing he sees that's on and goes with Jiminez and wins the header, Gomez has been outstanding, but his reading of what's on and positional sense and heading ability in situations like that just isn't on the same planet as Matips
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Bit harsh putting that on Joe, Jimenez does Robbo, Virgil backs of Jimenez then has to go wide after he passes and they have a 3 v 2 in our box.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Bit harsh putting that on Joe, Jimenez does Robbo, Virgil backs of Jimenez then has to go wide after he passes and they have a 3 v 2 in our box.
    It isn't, Matip would have read that situation a lot better, that's the difference, Joe relies on his pace a lot and last ditch challenges more often, situations Matip's reading of the game through far greater experience means he stops the vast majority of before they even reach that stage

Anyway, big bear Allison absolutely outstanding again

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It isn't, Matip would have read that situation a lot better, that's the difference, Joe relies on his pace a lot and last ditch challenges more often, situations Matip's reading of the game through far greater experience means he stops the vast majority of before they even reach that stage

Anyway, big bear Allison absolutely outstanding again
    The attack cam down our left and they ended up with a 3 v 2 in the box. Gomez had a player near post and one behind him then Trent and another behind him.

Harsh to single him out imo for that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    The attack cam down our left and they ended up with a 3 v 2 in the box. Gomez had a player near post and one behind him then Trent and another behind him.

Harsh to single him out imo for that goal.
    I wasn't especially singling him out, shit happens sometime, Robbo falling on his arse started it, I was just saying it provided an example of how and why Matip's better because he's more experienced, in that situation Matip would have been going with Jiminez in a position to win the header or quickly spin to make a good angle for Allisson had the ball been played far post

I wasn't especially singling him out, shit happens sometime, Robbo falling on his arse started it, I was just saying it provided an example of how and why Matip's better because he's more experienced, in that situation Matip would have been going with Jiminez in a position to win the header or quickly spin to make a good angle for Allisson had the ball been played far post
    Fair enough, my bad. Think VVD could've nicked it off Jimenez and had Gomez gone with Jimenez there would have been a free man near post.

Gomez and Trent got stuck with a 3 V 2 on a quick break in the box, imo Gomez should have come to the near post man when Virgil went out to try and block the cross, Trent come in on Jimenez and leave the free man at the back post and hope to scramble if it went there and hope others recovered tracking back.

Just got done by the bit of skill and a good enough goal scored by wolves
    Last edited by CCTV; 24th January 2020 at 07:09 AM.

Absolutely superb for our big bear again, nothing he could have done about the goal, if Matip's fully fit and playing he sees that's on and goes with Jiminez and wins the header, Gomez has been outstanding, but his reading of what's on and positional sense and heading ability in situations like that just isn't on the same planet as Matips
    Even if that's true, I'd be willing to chalk it up to lack of experince. CBs traditionally hit their peak a bit later.

And I'm not at all sure Matip is a better CB on current form than Gomez. Our record with him and VVD as a pair has been sensational.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Even if that's true, I'd be willing to chalk it up to lack of experince. CBs traditionally hit their peak a bit later.

And I'm not at all sure Matip is a better CB on current form than Gomez. Our record with him and VVD as a pair has been sensational.
    Yep, he's been excellent in his sencond spell in the team. As good as Matip was at the backend of last season, I think Joe and VVD is the partnership.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Yep, he's been excellent in his sencond spell in the team. As good as Matip was at the backend of last season, I think Joe and VVD is the partnership.
    Gomez showing pre-injury form, they both work very well together

as there generally been a CB like VVD in the world what he does, in the last 10 years?

on a different planet