Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021222326 ... LastLast

Thread: Alisson

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Gomez showing pre-injury form, they both work very well together

as there generally been a CB like VVD in the world what he does, in the last 10 years?

on a different planet
    I dont think there has been. Sayong tge other day that he'll go down as one of the best ever. Already one of the prems best ever.

Top top save from Allisson again in last nights game, the one from Traore was brilliant, Robbo leaving it was also exceptional, I love that from our defenders, when you have a keeper like Allisson it is absolutely the right thing to do, you know he's going to save pretty much everything, not deflecting shots in those situation is very important
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Top top saves again from Big Bear Allisson two absolutely brilliant saves tonight

Motm tonight just ahead of Oxlade

He seems like saving anything keeper possible to save. Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Motm tonight just ahead of Oxlade
    I had Oxlade to play at LFWD in my your team, I thought he did it incredibly well when he was moved there, took his opportunity to score in a very Mane like fashion, and then a little later took a difficult ball to control brilliantly rolling it into his path using his body to take him past the defender down the line (VERY Mane like) then played a great ball to find Gini who teed up Mo, whose shot hit the post, linked play really well after he was moved there, I'm hoping to see him start at LFWD on Saturday

Anyway, enough of that, this is Big Bear Allison's thread, what an incredible asset to the team and the club he is and he made absolutely crucial world class saves yet again this evening.

LOL

No1
    No1 defender in the world

Very funny
    Quite catchy too

Hahaha I didnt mean that

That's exactly right Big Bear, done and onto the next, all the focus on each next game, getting the win and another vital 3 points or progression to the next round

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/384960-alisson-becker-reaction-liverpool-west-ham

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    He seems like saving anything keeper possible to save. Brilliant
    Alisson is our Schmeichel and it's great.

Also another on the "fantastic human being" list - if I were a rival fan and was trying to find Liverpool players I genuinely disliked, the numbers would be very low.

The questions, as with all keepers, will be -

1. How long can he maintain this level?
    2. When his level does drop, will it be a gradual decline a la Buffon, or falling from a cliff like Casillas?

If he was operating at even 80% of what he is right now he would still be one of the World's best. His footwork is incredible. So often he shimmies across to catch a ball in his hands that most keepers have to dive for - it makes the save look less spectacular to a casual viewer, but it's precisely the sort of thing that makes him elite - much like Van Dijk almost never making a sliding tackle.