Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 710111213141516171819202122232427 ... LastLast

Thread: Alisson

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Alisson is our Schmeichel and it's great.

Also another on the "fantastic human being" list - if I were a rival fan and was trying to find Liverpool players I genuinely disliked, the numbers would be very low.

The questions, as with all keepers, will be -

1. How long can he maintain this level?
    2. When his level does drop, will it be a gradual decline a la Buffon, or falling from a cliff like Casillas?

If he was operating at even 80% of what he is right now he would still be one of the World's best. His footwork is incredible. So often he shimmies across to catch a ball in his hands that most keepers have to dive for - it makes the save look less spectacular to a casual viewer, but it's precisely the sort of thing that makes him elite - much like Van Dijk almost never making a sliding tackle.
    He'll still be world No1 when he's 50
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He'll still be world No1 when he's 50
    Hahaha! That would be something!

I'm sure many felt that way about Neuer!

£140m for Van Dijk and Alisson was incredible business. Thanks Phil!

Hahaha! That would be something!

I'm sure many felt that way about Neuer!

In response to your earlier post, he's 27 years old, it's not something I'm even remotely thinking about, given his impeccable positioning, how well he reads the game, how in our system he's always 'in play' like all our other players, his calmness, mentality, how hard players train and how well they look after themselves, how the team plays in front of him and our defenders play in making very good angles for him and don't randomly swing legs at things once the shot has been got away when teams do attack us, he could continue as a world class keeper well into his 40's

It was indeed Sid. Phil was superb to watch when he was on it and I would love him to still be here BUT he was a luxury in a team with glaring deficiencies - deficiencies now plugged with the worlds best.. What a change

10 out of 10

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    It was indeed Sid. Phil was superb to watch when he was on it and I would love him to still be here BUT he was a luxury in a team with glaring deficiencies - deficiencies now plugged with the worlds best.. What a change

10 out of 10
    Indeed indeed, 442oons need to do a revised version of this now

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

10 out of 10
    That's an interesting point. I never thought of him this way.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Another fantastic clean sheet from Big Bear Allisson who was again superb today, I believe he leads the clean sheets jointly despite having missed 7 games

Outstanding again.The man's a mountain at the back .

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Another fantastic clean sheet from Big Bear Allisson who was again superb today, I believe he leads the clean sheets jointly despite having missed 7 games
    Yes him and Sheff Utd's Henderson both on 9, Foster, Pope and Schmeichel on 8, it's tight.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Yes him and Sheff Utd's Henderson both on 9, Foster, Pope and Schmeichel on 8, it's tight.
    The clean sheets are stacking up and that was a Hell of a bit of patience before a well-timed Bear Paw today.

Just a joy. Mignolet and Karius almost feel like distant memories now.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay