Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Alisson

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    To be fair how good would the Mig look with VDV and Robertson playing in front of him?

Would Costello look as good playing behind Lovren and Moreno?
    How do you think we got dumped out of the domestic cup competitions last season?
    Mig played in those, and most of the time it was with VvD (and Lovren) and occasionally with Robertson (though Klopp fairly often opted to play Moreno and Clyne (when he was fit) instead).

He looked no better than Karius did last year with VvD along with Robertson in the second half of the season.

Even good defenders draw as much confidence from the keeper playing behind them as a good keeper would playing behind sold defenders and the Mig has never been one to inspire confidence and stability in the defense even when playing with a solid back four. A good goalkeeper elevates the defense as much as, if not more than they elevate his own game and prior to last season (when he lost the spot to Karius), Mig was part of a defense that shipped 50+ goals to opposing teams in consecutive seasons (granted with a defense that had the likes of Lovren, Matip and Moreno - but then again look at how much Matip's game has improved playing alongside a solid partner and a goalie behind him.)

You could argue that Alisson was the final piece of what would constitute a solid defense and indeed the best defense in the league that not only conceded the fewest goals but also kept the most clean sheets last season. And he's gone on to back up those credentials at the national level firmly grasping away that Brazil number 1 spot from Ederson, his rival at City.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

We got dumped out of the FA cup playing Fabinho at CB alongside a 16 year old as I recall. Two 17 year olds also played in that game.

Vs Wolves FA cup
    Mignolet Lovren Moreno Fabinho Milner Keita Shaqiri Jones Camacho Sturridge Origi. No idea who played where.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I expect Mignolet is a better keeper than when he arrived here, people talk about games and that's important, but training and competing against better players, seeing their level and pushing yourself really hard to try and reach and surpass them improves players a hell of a lot too
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I expect Mignolet is a better keeper than when he arrived here, people talk about games and that's important, but training and competing against better players, seeing their level and pushing yourself really hard to try and reach and surpass them improves players a hell of a lot too
    I wouldn't like to see any videos from his Sunderland days then. He's never been good enough imo.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Lovren went off injured early doors

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Lovren went off injured early doors
    Thanks Miller.

Young Hoever came on in his stead and was motm if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I wouldn't like to see any videos from his Sunderland days then. He's never been good enough imo.
    I'm not suggesting he has been, only that he's likely a far better keeper than when he arrived

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Young Hoever came on in his stead and was motm if I recall correctly.
    'He was a body remover'