Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1114151617181920212223242526272831 ... LastLast

Thread: Alisson

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    They're going to try score early. Catch us napping not expecting it. We need to be ready. Massive game.
    They might - though rightly or wrongly, if I was Simeone, I would just aim to frustrate from the off, be patient and wait for a chance to counter.

We had no answers to their methods for the 87 or so minutes they had the lead. Why deviate? If they push for an early goal they could fall victim to the counter themselves and an early goal (for us) at Anfield puts Atletico up against a wall of noise, whereas if they stifle us they can silence the crowd / increase the frustrated groans.

It’s a blow, no doubt about that, but Adrian has been absolutely fantastic when he’s played in the league this season. Rare for us to have two outstanding goalkeepers. Really hope I haven’t jinxed him for tomorrow.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Highly positive ask noods .... re BARCELONA

But Atletico are spoilers... now exactly how to defend to stop the game to get through

We are going out of the ECL

70% SURE

V Barcelona I was 90% sure we'd make something happen

First at the Nou camp we should have got something from the game

At Anfield I knew we'd score

Now in 2020 we are in poor form ; lacking key big players

We are going out

Kindly remind me of this thread should we get to the 1/4 final... thx

We're in poor form alright, still advantage us in terms of probability to progress

I see it about 70/30 to the sly fookers

60/40 in our favour imo

Biggest game of the season to date and in a way the biggest game of the Klopp era !!

Atletico the hard battling, sometimes cynical madristas come to town with an epic prize in sight.....To be the first team to separate us from 1 of our titles !!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    60/40 in our favour imo

Biggest game of the season to date and in a way the biggest game of the Klopp era !!

Atletico the hard battling, sometimes cynical madristas come to town with an epic prize in sight.....To be the first team to separate us from 1 of our titles !!
    I agree, I'm still very confident we can beat them by 2 clear goals, if we get the first, they'll sit there still, if we get the second, they'll have to come out, their goal was an absolute fluke in the first leg too and we should have scored 3, the one Mo miscontrolled that their keeper hit straight to him should have been 1-1, if he controls it and bursts towards goal with it, it's a 2 v 1 with Mo and Bobby and their defender and the others don't have a chance to get there, if Mo heads the ball back across the keeper he gets his second. Hendo could have made it 3 although that was our most difficult chance with only the width of the ball to get it past the player and squeeze it just inside the post and slightly behind him

It was very different from the Barca game but similar in result, we didn't deserve to lose 1-0 on the balance of big chances and how we played, but could have lost 2-0, I think we'll beat them by the required margin at Anfield
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Maybe the slump has been part of the plan. Imo work rate has fallen off a cliff last few games since first Atletico game. Players also not looking overly upset or angry about the defeats or performances. Part of a plan to be able to utterly blitz these pricks by any chance.
    Will we see true heavy metal return for 1 night only. I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Maybe the slump has been part of the plan. Imo work rate has fallen off a cliff last few games since first Atletico game. Players also not looking overly upset or angry about the defeats or performances. Part of a plan to be able to utterly blitz these pricks by any chance.
    Will we see true heavy metal return for 1 night only. I hope so.
    Defo. Pre match tunes- Metallica,Megadeth,Pantera on the dressing room ghetto blaster! Fired up fo' sho.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    It’s a blow, no doubt about that, but Adrian has been absolutely fantastic when he’s played in the league this season. Rare for us to have two outstanding goalkeepers. Really hope I haven’t jinxed him for tomorrow.

You’re welcome.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!