Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182122232425262728

Thread: Pre-season 2019

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    We're not going to win the league. Season over, so disappointing!
    Relegation beckons.

Despite how good Gomez looked, the defending prior to Virgil coming on reminded me very much of the disorganised rabble before he came. Mig actually did well.
    Brewster is looking like a natural in front of goal but needs quite a lot of work on his movement in the build up.
    Kent missed a pretty easy chance in the first half hitting the keeper when it looked just as easy to score. Overall did ok without being outstanding. Woodburn struggled to get involved, Wilson did better, missed one chance when through on the keeper but he had very little time and the goalie was right on him. Took his goal very well. Matip looked rustier than something very very rusty and was the weakest of the CBs in show, which is some achievement when the surprisingly impressive Lovren was also having a run out.
    Lorucci looked good on the ball and pretty quick but the fact he is a converted winger was patently obvious. Lost his man in the build up for the second goal and tried to dribble round a couple of Dortmund players in his own box before losing it and conceding the third.

All in all a decent workout against one of the better teams in Europe with lots of kids getting game time. Just the defending without Virgil that worried me. Gomez and Virgil should definitely start the season.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Despite how good Gomez looked, the defending prior to Virgil coming on reminded me very much of the disorganised rabble before he came. Mig actually did well.
    Brewster is looking like a natural in front of goal but needs quite a lot of work on his movement in the build up.
    Kent missed a pretty easy chance in the first half hitting the keeper when it looked just as easy to score. Overall did ok without being outstanding. Woodburn struggled to get involved, Wilson did better, missed one chance when through on the keeper but he had very little time and the goalie was right on him. Took his goal very well. Matip looked rustier than something very very rusty and was the weakest of the CBs in show, which is some achievement when the surprisingly impressive Lovren was also having a run out.
    Lorucci looked good on the ball and pretty quick but the fact he is a converted winger was patently obvious. Lost his man in the build up for the second goal and tried to dribble round a couple of Dortmund players in his own box before losing it and conceding the third.

All in all a decent workout against one of the better teams in Europe with lots of kids getting game time. Just the defending without Virgil that worried me. Gomez and Virgil should definitely start the season.
    Rustier than the Titancs engine

Thats quite rusty

It's important to remember that Dortmund are further into their preseason than us.Our lads looked completely done in. I thought Ox was going to pass out. And Robbo?!... However Ox did play well. Of the youngsters so far in the three pre season games I think only Brewster and Kent are knocking on the first team door. What a great penalty by the lad by the way. I wouldn't have any qualms about putting him in for Sadio against Norwich and in the Community Shield or whatever its called now.

Yeah Oxs performance had some very bright moments.
    We lost the game because Jurgen wanted to give the first half 11 another 15 but they were done by half time.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Yeah Oxs performance had some very bright moments.
    We lost the game because Jurgen wanted to give the first half 11 another 15 but they were done by half time.
    Not really bothered by the result in pre season. Dortmund are a huge step up from Bradford and Tranmere and we know that without both Alisson and Virgil we are far more likely to concede goals.

What i am bothered about is the fact I was excited to see the game - stayed up to watch it and then passed out like lightweight...

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    It's important to remember that Dortmund are further into their preseason than us.Our lads looked completely done in. I thought Ox was going to pass out. And Robbo?!... However Ox did play well. Of the youngsters so far in the three pre season games I think only Brewster and Kent are knocking on the first team door. What a great penalty by the lad by the way. I wouldn't have any qualms about putting him in for Sadio against Norwich and in the Community Shield or whatever its called now.
    The heat also played a big part, it was much hotter for us than it was for them though

Another very hot day for a match this time in Boston. Poor Andy Robbo will be on the factor 50.