Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Origi

Origi

I expect he will sign a new contract some time soon, but for him this season I think it's really important to work very hard at his game to better fit our system and to provide an option to start games or from the bench in any of the front 3 positions.

He needs to make considerable improvements on his pressing game and he needs to work on getting in from left to centre to the Mane position for headers from crosses and getting in from the right to the far post area for crosses from the left. Needs to improve his link up play and ball in and he really needs a couple of stock tricks to get half a yard for a cross a shot or a ball in to another player.

That's quite a lot, but for me it's all the things he lacks and why I've said he doesn't fit our system. he's quick and powerful, seems to lack any basic skills for getting half a yard, his agility seems lacking like he's too heavy or muscled up and he really lacks intelligent movement that compliments our system well. Sure he might score odd goals from set pieces and following up play to put away things that break in the box, but if he wants starts and more game time, he's really got to up the other aspects of his game significantly.

Again, it's not rocket science, he trains with our squad, he watches the games, you've got to know where and when crosses or balls into the box are likely to come in from and where other players are going to be when you have the chance to put the ball in and how to press with all the other players in combination, he needs to put that altogether in his head and work at doing it a lot better, he's been here for several seasons now.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Divock Origi has committed his future to Liverpool Football Club by signing a new long-term contract at Melwood today.

Looks like we’re going to need him.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Good news as far as i'm concerned.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Fair play to him, it's usually the kiss of death when you get loaned out but he turned it around.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Divock Origi has committed his future to Liverpool Football Club by signing a new long-term contract at Melwood today.

Looks like we’re going to need him.
    Yes we will need him and I am made up for the lad, I always liked Divock. Really nice guy and has the quality needed - just needs to add the confidence to go with it. After his vital contributions last season surely he can now step up a level.

Like all players, I think he needs game time to get rhythm and match fitness. I think he might get it this season. There is absolutely no way that ‘the front three’ can play every premier league and champions league game. It’s a given that they won’t play in the domestic cups, at least in the early rounds. We might see some tinkering from Klopp.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Like all players, I think he needs game time to get rhythm and match fitness. I think he might get it this season. There is absolutely no way that ‘the front three’ can play every premier league and champions league game. It’s a given that they won’t play in the domestic cups, at least in the early rounds. We might see some tinkering from Klopp.
    I'm sure we will, he has little time for the domestics as his selections prove.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Good lad Divock, now get working extra hard on your game
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes we will need him and I am made up for the lad, I always liked Divock. Really nice guy and has the quality needed - just needs to add the confidence to go with it. After his vital contributions last season surely he can now step up a level.
    I've always liked how he always tries to deflect any and all praise directed to him from reporters in post-match interviews towards the rest of the team and talk about how it's a team effort that got us a win instead of his timely goals.

Shows he has the right attitude.
    I hope the coaches work with him on his passing and distribution and help him round up his game a little bit more - especially in the wing position where Klopp liked to use him last season (although I'd love to see Klopp use him more as a traditional number 9 during the games he gives Firmino a rest).

He has a good shot, great positional awareness (that usually puts him in the right position for some of those great goals), great hold-up play and also improved a lot on his tracking back and pressing game which was an issue when he got here.

Just work on the passing and crossing part of his game and he could be a great supplement to that front three and a generally great impact sub.
    To be precise it's only a portion of me downloaded via satellite.
    This Gynoid's E-brain lacks.........capacity.

So we don't need to sign another world class forward?