Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Origi

I don't think Origi has it in his game to be a regular starter, but if he's happy being used as a sub then he's definitely a keeper. Will he want that going forward though?

Some of the demands made of him seem a bit unfair considering he'd need a run of 10+ starts to show any consistency, and we know he's never getting that, especially if Werner signs in the summer.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    I don't think Origi has it in his game to be a regular starter, but if he's happy being used as a sub then he's definitely a keeper. Will he want that going forward though?

Some of the demands made of him seem a bit unfair considering he'd need a run of 10+ starts to show any consistency, and we know he's never getting that, especially if Werner signs in the summer.
    Most of it's pretty basic stuff if he watches videos of Mane and the team in general that he should be able to do, he has all the physical attributes. I'm honestly absolutely astonished when he plays and the ball is switched to the right and he's not automatically immediately on his bike making an outside in run to be ready to attack the cross that's obviously coming in, we all know a cross from the right from Trent or Hendo is coming in when that switch has been made, everyone watching knows, the opposition knows, how the fuck does Origi not know?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    How's he going to get 15+ goals a season when he'll get 1 game in 6 and little more than 15 minutes as sub?

We have a very definitive starting 11. With maybe 1 midfield and the 'other' Centre Half position not fully nailed down by a single player. I would say we're pretty unique in the fact we rotate very little.

To me, this is Klopp's biggest strength. How he's kept half the squad happy wit the amount of games some of the suad players get is brilliant. Very little dissent, players not throwing their toys out the pram demaning to play (at least to the press).
    Very fair points. Think he'll be pushed out the door soon enough once we negotiate a fee.
    Scored 2 crackers v Everton and then watches minamino get brought on for him bizarrely imo, incidentally last night Bobby got put left wing as the game progressed Salah top and mini right, could've set us up 433 with Origi lwf and then cf and bobby left, Origi does his best stuff at cf imo and rarely gets a chance to play cf.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Very fair points. Think he'll be pushed out the door soon enough once we negotiate a fee.
    Scored 2 crackers v Everton and then watches minamino get brought on for him bizarrely imo, incidentally last night Bobby got put left wing as the game progressed Salah top and mini right, could've set us up 433 with Origi lwf and then cf and bobby left, Origi does his best stuff at cf imo and rarely gets a chance to play cf.
    He needs to be studying how we play more closely and working really fucking hard to make sure we can play like that when he's included, he has all the physical attributes and qualities to do what Mane does, the power, the strength, the pace, the agility, he just needs to develop the runs, one twos and linking play now, we know he can finish

Only thing I don't like and actually really strongly disagree with in everything Jurgen does, Origi is not a LFWD, he's not a good option for LFWD, the team doesn't function as it needs to when he plays at LFWD

Runs in behind and through the channel between their LB and LCB and for balls over the top in that area at RFWD, I'd get that, he does those things well. Getting in front of the full back and getting hold of the ball and winning headers from our longer balls to that area so we can start from there at RFWD I get that, getting past their LB and getting a good ball into the box, I get that he's good at that from the right, but LFWD in any game where he's properly marked and given due attention, he's just woeful at LFWD

Origi is very good at following up play and picking up the pieces, all his big goals for us have come from doing exactly that, he has benefited from other teams not treating him as a serious threat and putting all their efforts into trying to stop our other forwards, when he starts an so is required to play a very active part in our approach play and trying to break teams down and create or comes on as a sub when he's required to do that, I'm sorry, but he isn't good enough, he can't do those things.

Against Everton, 2 great goals, running in behind, was he required to play an active part in our build up and breaking teams down, getting the ball to feet, taking on players, winning the ball in front of defenders and laying it off then making another run instantly? No, he's really not good at all at those things

I'll just learn to live with it, every manager, however great and perfect in every other way has a player or couple of player weakness, someone they see something in or pick ahead of someone else or use from the bench ahead of someone or use in situations that the player isn't good for.

Jurgen obviously sees something that makes him believe Origi is a fantastic option at LFWD and can do things he can't do there, I don't see it and bar games when he's not been considered a priority threat and has been afforded the freedom of the area to follow play up looking to pick up the pieces with no-one tracking his movement or picking him up rather than being expected and required to be actively involved in making the play to create an opportunity, I'm sorry, I have never seen it in 4 years

I agree Origi does a job on the left. But its not his natural position. hes a forward and nothing else. Origi is a decent player but not over all up to the standards we require for an inside left.Since hes happy having a part time place. It suits everyone right now.
    Just think we need a little bit more on the left..i wouldn't mind Oxlade playing there more often. hes excellent at coming inside onto his right.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Trouble is some fans think he's amazing after what he did for us, credit where credit is due.

But if you look at it with your head, not your heart, if he a title winning player, if he a champions league player?

No he fucking ain't, imagine if firmino got injured for a long time we'd be fucked, transfer is needed in

We had a perfectly good back up striker in Danny Ings, but Klopp chose to move him on. He is proving this season that when he's fit he will get the goals. Nothing wrong with Origi either, he can't be expected to turn things round in every game, you'll like him to but it's never that simple.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    We had a perfectly good back up striker in Danny Ings, but Klopp chose to move him on. He is proving this season that when he's fit he will get the goals. Nothing wrong with Origi either, he can't be expected to turn things round in every game, you'll like him to but it's never that simple.
    Ings is probably the better more consistent player

Compare the records

We tried to keep Ings which was confirmed by both the player and Klopp but he wanted first team football which we couldn't give him.

As for Origi I don't mind him he is a decent back up player i'd still keep him but bring someone in like Werner as well as you always need depth.

One thing I do know is we arent going to have 2 or 3 players of the quality of Salah/Firmino/Mane sitting on our bench.