Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3841424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Who Hates Klopp?

I'd venture to say that that United team of 2007-2009 is among the best they've ever had. Whisper it, but it might actually have a case for being number 1. Quite possibly in with a good shout for being among the best ever produced in the country too.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Looking at the squad in 09 compared to the title winning one of last season there's no comparison. Rafa did a fantastic job of pushing a great Utd team with what he had.
    We had some superb ( and other very effective ) players in that squad though

Reina - Carra - Hyypiä- Agger/Aurelio - Arbeloa - Alonso - Mascherano. - Gerrard - Leiva - Torres/Babel - Kuyt

Benayoun and Riera too.

Very different style of football to be fair. League was different too. We are far more dominant now no doubt but I still wouldn’t want to face that side as opposition.

Having seen both sides a few times - personally I think the manager and the belief he instils is the biggest difference. Whatever the reason - we are a better team now - no contest
    Last edited by Steveo; 16th September 2020 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I'd venture to say that that United team of 2007-2009 is among the best they've ever had.
    That side tops their Treble side for me. It's one reason I dislike trophies being seen as the only measuring stick by some. Nobody is going to tell me that our 08/09 side for example wasn't better than our side that won the League Cup with Kenny, yet it's the latter that picked up a trophy.

But yeah, that '07-'09 side was United's best as far as I'm concerned, from what I've seen. Thankfully didn't do as well in Europe as they might have done *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Andre pissing Arshavin was one big factor - the little swine
    That's right. Great game though.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Arteta 3 Klopp 1. ( cheers CCTV. Sorry Vin ) 😃😃

Needs to play with a actual striker

shitter

Announce origi leaving and sign Mbappe r u stupid ???

@Ian your spoon is too big

Absolutely love the man too pieces, need to cut him slack in this season because he has to rest and rotate far more than he would like to or has ever had to because of the short season and ridiculous amount of fixtures crammed in, including the internationals
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Great guy
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

what a night

Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century