Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Hates Klopp?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    At least with Brendan we had a laugh with his massive ego, blowing a nailed on league title and playing Gerrard as a DM with Allen in the team.
    Fixed that
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Not better football but more pragmatic and successful… so better football then?
    Not sure really. Take the women’s World Cup. Japan were far and away the best football side - but they didn’t win the tournament. I thought we were far better the season before last in the Champions League than this year but this time we won it. Football can be a funny game at times. Surely nobody in here needs to be told that the best team doesn’t always win..?

To a degree I think we are rated as such an exciting team to watch based more on the season before than on the one just gone.
    Last edited by Steveo; 22nd July 2019 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Not sure really. Take the women’s World Cup. Japan were far and away the best football side - but they didn’t win the tournament. I thought we were far better the season before last in the Champions League than this year but this time we won it. Football can be a funny game at times. Surely nobody in here needs to be told that the best team doesn’t always win..?

To a degree I think we are rated as such an exciting team to watch based more on the season before than on the one just gone.
    Don't agree, we're rated because we're so dynamic, we've played right on the edge in a lot of games, right to the wire of the intensity of the press with the height of our line and both full backs pressed right up, very high risk football, it's exciting for people to watch. We did used to constantly do that in every game, but it's good we don't when we don't need to and can control the game and see games out, even then we're still dynamite in our pressing and frequently create more opportunities from winning the ball back high as the opposition try to press forward for a goal. It's top box office, because at any point at any time in a game we can score a quality goal out of nowhere.

Feel sorry for all the fans who shelled out for pre-season tickets, as we've not looked remotely like Liverpool in any of the games, we've played 433 Southgate style, just chucking players into positions they play seemingly without any thought, plan or system specific training and hoped for the best, really poor value
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Probably true but there was a very exciting element to our former all out attack which was exhilarating to watch - coming not so long after that wonderful season in 2014 too gave us the label of most watchable team I believe. I am talking pure aesthetics mind.

As for pre season - yes it’s been very different and not great to be fair and while I totally agree that we should be trying to expose fringe players to real scenarios and get them working within the system- it is pre season and I personally wouldn’t worry about results at all. .

I always look at that 98/99 and 99/00 Inter squad and think "what if?"

Amazing the amount of "Outs" in the Summer in-between as well, as good as a few of the "Ins" were. Too much change, too quickly.

Imagine having Ronaldo and Baggio as your forwards and thinking "aye, we'll just add Vieri".

Such a shame there were so many injuries.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I know what you mean - was attempting comedy (and apparently failing). For what it's worth, I much prefer the new more controlled approach.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I know what you mean - was attempting comedy (and apparently failing). For what it's worth, I much prefer the new more controlled approach.
    Me too.

Controlled !!!!!
    2 defeats in a row !!!

And when it matters most too.. Grrr

I mean the Champions League is all well and good - BUt - it’s Pre Season v Sevilla and Dortmund - State side - that is where the real money is earned...
    Last edited by Steveo; 23rd July 2019 at 10:10 PM.

And when it matters most too.. Grrr
    These young fellas havn't a clue.