Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Anfield Expansion: Peter Moore

Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

2nd largest stadium outside of London if it goes ahead, we'll never catch the scum though when it comes to stadium capacity!

Great news. I was encouraged before the summer that there was good development along these lines.. Can't happen soon enough IMO.

@ Aldo - Why can't we catch the scum on capacity... ?We bloody can.. Be great to have 80,000 fans at Anfield one day. Redevelop every stand - I know it isn't easy - but nothing is impossible...
    Last edited by Steveo; 22nd August 2019 at 05:11 PM.

Let's hope it's not just a tactic to appease the fans. I don't think it is, but you never know with businessmen.

It'd be great if it went ahead.

@steveo - pretty sure we could fill an 80k stadium to a decent degree most nights, but I'm not certain the infrastructure around the ground is up to scratch. Seem to remember that being a major issue during the planning phase of the previous renovation.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Great news. I was encouraged before the summer that there was good development along these lines.. Can't happen soon enough IMO.

@ Aldo - Why can't we catch the scum on capacity... ?We bloody can.. Be great to have 80,000 fans at Anfield one day. Redevelop every stand - I know it isn't easy - but nothing is impossible...
    It's possible but we already have trouble with properties around Anfield. I think tearing down the Kop and re-developing it will be bigger than the other 3 sides.

Cantelever out over Walton Breck.. That’s my idea.. Would be cool to drive under a Massive Kop..! Be one hell of a sight.. Then match the heights on all 4 stands too.. make a behemoth of a ground - what an Anfield that would be..

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Cantelever out over Walton Breck.. That’s my idea.. Would be cool to drive under a Massive Kop..! Be one hell of a sight.. Then match the heights on all 4 stands too.. make a behemoth of a ground - what an Anfield that would be..
    Agreed, seen some sketches a whole ago of the planned redevelopment of the whole stadium but they made it so the Kop was very, very steep!

I would love to see an 80,000 Anfield in my lifetime, and would love to see it for my son (in his twenties).
    As mentioned in one of the articles, transport will be a major issue. Trams ran in Liverpool up until the late 1950s, would like to see trams re-introduced and a service laid on for match days. There used to be a match day bus service from St. George's Hall
    back in the 70s iirc - what happened to that?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Pep having an Anfield love in on Spanish TV...