Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Anfield Expansion: Peter Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Yeah I'm not buying it. This guy used to be the CEO of EA - one of the scummiest entertainment companies out there - I wouldn't put it past him to just spout this in order to buy himself and FSG more time.

Let's hope it's true though - it'd be awesome.
    Youve never had a good word for him. Just cos he kicked your ass on fifa.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Jurgen saying “we don’t have the same money as other clubs and just keep on spending.” Yet he’s spent a net £30m a season since being at the club while we are posting record profits.
    We are far from skint so the money must be going somewhere.

Believe it when I see it though, should have done this before now.
    Like all businesses its all about profit.
    Last season i went to three games, i spent
    money on x2 tickets for each game. X2 memberships. Match programmes.
    £650 on signed Vigil & Firmino limited framed shirts. Ive done my bit, “I know i shouldn’t of”.
    It would be nice, if they could pull their finger out and expand Anfield. Im still 12,990 on the waiting list. So stressful every season, trying to get tickets on members sale. Didn’t get a sniff of a ticket, in the recent ticket sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The club needs it - tens of thousands of fans are desperate for it... Make it happen...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenson78 View Post
    Like all businesses its all about profit.
    Last season i went to three games, i spent
    money on x2 tickets for each game. X2 memberships. Match programmes.
    £650 on signed Vigil & Firmino limited framed shirts. Ive done my bit, “I know i shouldn’t of”.
    It would be nice, if they could pull their finger out and expand Anfield. Im still 12,990 on the waiting list. So stressful every season, trying to get tickets on members sale. Didn’t get a sniff of a ticket, in the recent ticket sales.
    I've not been able to get tickets for a match since 2015.
    The upgraded main stand has added a huge number of seats, but other areas of Anfield need to be expanded.
    In my humble opinion, we could easily match Old Triffid for match attendance.
    Another issue, for what it's worth, is the location and accessibility of the ground. Someone needs to look at providing more parking
    spaces for the forthcoming increase in match attendance.
    Would love to see it happen. My son is now 25, and the season ticket waiting list has been closed for at least fifteen years.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Just seen the images of the new Everton stadium. I wonder if that will get built before we redevelop the ARE.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    This is all a long way off. I’ll believe it when I see it.
    To be fair these things do take time - Phase One (increase of capacity to 54,000 or so) did happen in the end, but took time.

Whenever there was a consideration to raise ticket prices for Phase Two, fans were unhappy and the scheme got scrapped. FSG need/ed to find the money another way and Champion's League success will have helped that.

If we are taking steps to ensure that we can challenge every season, rather than once every five years, it'll hopefully work out.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    There's hardly a month goes by without us getting another "partner " with Mg Motors being the latest.
    The club is worth a fortune and can easily match any other club for players.
    Only noticed last night that there was a sort of translucent silvery axa logo on the away kit roughly where the heart is located. Though not in this article below.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/348519-liverpool-axa-training-kit-partnership-sponsorship

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    To be fair these things do take time - Phase One (increase of capacity to 54,000 or so) did happen in the end, but took time.

Whenever there was a consideration to raise ticket prices for Phase Two, fans were unhappy and the scheme got scrapped. FSG need/ed to find the money another way and Champion's League success will have helped that.

If we are taking steps to ensure that we can challenge every season, rather than once every five years, it'll hopefully work out.
    The club is loaded sid

They posted a 100+mill profit in the last accounts which is the same amount as the stand cost. The stand was projected to raise revenue which would pay for itself in 6 seasons. Also FSG have a good system for funding infrastructural projects.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/04/liverpool-new-main-stand-anfield-corporate-seats

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Jurgen saying “we don’t have the same money as other clubs and just keep on spending.” Yet he’s spent a net £30m a season since being at the club while we are posting record profits.
    We are far from skint so the money must be going somewhere.

Believe it when I see it though, should have done this before now.
    I do wonder where exactly people think the money is going ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I do wonder where exactly people think the money is going ?
    Salaries should be a big huge money sink at this point. A couple of windows ago someone posted this article that showed we were quite high up when it came to what percentage of our income we spend on wages. And that was before VVD, Alisson and the front three's new contracts iirc, which are all bound to be huge, not to mention the CL boni.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    The club is loaded sid

They posted a 100+mill profit in the last accounts which is the same amount as the stand cost. The stand was projected to raise revenue which would pay for itself in 6 seasons. Also FSG have a good system for funding infrastructural projects.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/04/liverpool-new-main-stand-anfield-corporate-seats
    Sid = a very easy date..

We shouldn’t need relentless Runs to the champions league final just to get to 60,000 seats. It’s way WAY below our biggest rival United and IF we are serious about competing long term and serious about giving die hard fans access to the club thy love it needs to happen. No excuses