Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Anfield Expansion: Peter Moore

If we keep him fit, Gomez can become the best defender in the world. There, I said it.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    If we keep him fit, Gomez can become the best defender in the world. There, I said it.
    Season 15/16 5 Premier League 2 Europa
    Season 16/17 3 Fa Cup games
    Season 17/18 23 Premier League 1 FA Cup 1 League Cup 6 Champions League
    Season 18/19 16 Premier League 9 Champions League

Gomez has played more games than i thought. Looks like hes got soft ankles, thats the injury has plagued him the most.
    Pace is important part of his game. Hope his ankles dont keep letting him down.

Where are we in terms of paying off any historic debts by the way?
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

@Jenson

Yes - I believe he used to have the highest top speed of any player in our squad at training. His injuries are a huge worry, you're right.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Bear with me as I'm as far from an expert as it gets when it comes to these things, but isn't there a delay with accounts? So it won't show things like some of the extended/boosted/lucrative contracts we've given out to keep our "star" players, meaning we'll only know certain things in X months time and so on?

Also we may have a percentage of that cash that is already ear-marked for one or two targets Klopp has lined up for the future - this is from memory so apologies if one or two have had extensions, but I think Lallana, Milner, Matip and Clyne will all have ceased their contracts by the end of the 19/20 season and of those I suspect all will go (much as I would personally love Milner to finish his career here and would be "quite content" for Matip to stay for another year or two).

For all we know we have identified Van Dijk's long-term partner in the market for example and are waiting for the right time - not necessarily "likely" but just using it as an example - so those funds can't be spent right now and so on.
    Our resident expert is gone. Wages are hard to find on each player with accuracy.

But our big wage earners Salah earning as much as Suarez during 13/14 200kpw. VVD, Firmino and Mane all reported as less than that but ahead of Gerrard's 140kpw in 13/14.
    That's our 'big earners' most of the rest are paid in and around what Lovren earns 100kpw and he signed in the summer of 2014 on that or at least 80kpw.

Think Matip will sign a new contract, Lovren will be phased out. If Gomez stays fit he'll undoubtedly be VVDs long term partner. With Matip and an emerging van der berg making up the 4 as Lovren exits.
    Outside of Milner who might go, the other 2 will leave imo.

Net spend about 20 mill a season to date under Klopp.

It is hard to know where the money is going !!
    If not into a war chest, then it's a mystery.

Youth players will break through if they are good enough as Gomez and Trent have proved.
    There seems to be an idea on the forum that buying top players dissuades young players from signing. But with all due respect imo that's utter tripe.

Think people are kidding themselves that all our youth players are going to be good enough to deputise regularly.

Not too arsed about the bad results in preseason. No Alisson, Keita Shaqiri or the front 3. But for the coming season and where we are now, imo it beggars belief if we dont add some top quality for the here and now.

Getting ahead of city is the opportunity we have, we could do it without additions. With a few quality additions we certainly get past them.

@Jenson

Yes - I believe he used to have the highest top speed of any player in our squad at training. His injuries are a huge worry, you're right.
    His last one was a contact injury which is less worrisome. Hes got to protect himself better and watch out for nasty tackles .

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    His last one was a contact injury which is less worrisome. Hes got to protect himself better and watch out for nasty tackles .
    Could be - let's hope you're right. I love the kid.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Could be - let's hope you're right. I love the kid.
    Me too, cracking player.

oooooh good one Bali, really made me chuckle there
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    oooooh good one Bali, really made me chuckle there
    I'm genuinely struggling to think of a better defender I've seen at his age. His injuries have stunted his development hugely, which is why he won't even be a starter this season apparently, but he's got everything he needs to become as good as Virgil.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non