Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Ashes, England (etc.) versus Australia

Jason Roy's average as a Test opener is 8.85 runs per dismissal, only one player in the history of Test cricket to have opened as many times as Roy (7 times) has a lower average: New Zealand's Ken Rutherford who averaged 4.60 from ten innings as opener.

FUCK HIM OFF ffs

Well, much much better from England today after an absolutely dismal batting display yesterday, FINALLY remembering how to play test match cricket and that they're not playing a 50 over game, remembering what to leave and what not to leave and staying in and not wafting at silly stuff even if they've only got a couple of runs in 3 or 4 overs.

I think too much 50 over cricket has fucked them up a bit on the batting side to be honest, like yesterdays display, when a player got out, each next one treated it as though it were a one day game, playing silly shots at things like they HAD to immediately get runs on the board instead of the required 'toughing it out' and patience. They need to look at Labuschagne, he plays like a true old school test cricket player, leaves it on line and length, he scores really slowly, but he stays in and accumulates slowly and makes England have to play as less attacking field the longer he occupies the crease, although I don't think Root is attacking enough with his field settings in a lot of situations, like the Aussies second innings, as soon as Kawaja was out he should have been all over them but was too conservative.

Think with the bowlers we have and the bounce they can get out of nowhere we need to work on that bouncer nipping back into the body, just coming up into the ribs, need them to work on that ball for Smith and Labuschagne in particular as well as our plans to the right handers. The Aussies have had really good success with that ball and when it's right, because it's that extra bounce that comes out of nowhere, there really isn't a lot the batsmen can do about it, really really difficult to get hands and bat out of the way quickly enough, that'd be my plan for Smith and Labuschagne, close catcher right up there
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

This is very interesting need 73 more with 3 wickets

Oh fuck off, 73 with 1 wicket now

fucking openers fucked up this series, wankers
    Last edited by Kev0909; 25th August 2019 at 03:17 PM.

England are just not gonna win a 5 match series with their batting. You cant be bowled for 67 and win a game.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Ben stokes is incredible, at least they've made a game of it justme

No we are losing the ashes..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    No we are losing the ashes..
    ?????????????????

I know but after the first innings disaster, done better than what I thought.

Never know miracles can happen but stokes is fucked

Another 6 40 to go

Guessing you'd be fun at partys god have some hope
    Last edited by Kev0909; 25th August 2019 at 03:56 PM.

THIS IS UNREAL

Stokes hits a 4 to make it to 100 runs not out,

Then he hits SIX

TWENTY-SEVEN runs to go.

HE'S JUST HIT ANOTHER 6 TWENTY-ONE

This is unbearable to watch.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by toneata View Post
    This is unbearable to watch.
    Stokes deserves this now, it'll be utterly destroying if leach gets out or stokes for that matter

(leach actually defending better than the openers lol)