Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: The weekend's other games (10/8/19)

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Yes it is. If it was a step forward, so many people wouldn't be against it.
    It's a way of the TV companies taking control of the game and introducing big screens .And its making the game look more like fucking love Island rather than a sport. Before long Jimmy in Florida will be able to vote which sub should be made.
    A bit extreme 😂😂 but they're fucking up a once brilliant game.

Not seen the retake of the penalty.But I take it the goal keeper was in the wrong place. That's fine if VAR wants to be picky. As long as in future.Every single penalty that is taken the VAR should look at the where the goal keeper is. and that should be EVERY TIME. even when someone scores the penalty. it should be retaken.
    Any way I gave up watching after sterling scores the 3rd.The west ham goal keeper was to blame. he coulda just come out and closed sterling down. But it seems closing sterling down is not allowed.
    Last edited by justme; 10th August 2019 at 02:54 PM.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    We're streets ahead of most of the league, but most teams still make us work for our points. Do you seriously think teams like Norwich will play the way they did against us against City? Not a chance.

Like I said, we are and always have been a 'scalp', whilst City are seen as some all powerful juggernaut that are either going to kill you, or kill you very painfully, with most teams opting for the former at the cost of a chance of coming away from the fight if not with a victory or draw, at least with an honourable defeat.
    If you think teams have the attitude of being beaten before a ball is kicked, I can assure you, it would have been a lot worse than a 0-5 scoreline with the players City have. Alvin martin said West Ham were chasing shadows, he won't be the last person to say that this season.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    If you think teams have the attitude of being beaten before a ball is kicked, I can assure you, it would have been a lot worse than a 0-5 scoreline with the players City have. Alvin martin said West Ham were chasing shadows, he won't be the last person to say that this season.
    I'm just going on what I've seen, which is quite a lot seeing as I've got/not able to do bugger all else with my time. The vast majority of the time everyone except the 'big boys' wave the white flag and accept their fate before they've even stepped on the pitch, and even then some of the so called 'big boys' have seemed resigned to their fate.

On the rare occasions when teams have had a go at City, they have been given problems and have often struggled. Yes teams have been cut open trying to play this way, but is it not better to go down swinging, especially when City have shown that they are not invincible?

West Ham will be chasing shadows against lesser teams than City. They aren't that good and don't have the players to keep City at bay. With that being the case you should try to take the game to City. Not doing so is basically 'bending over' for City and just waiting for the pain/torture to end.

Brighton take the lead against Watford via a Doucoure own goal.

I'm watching the Everton game and I can confirm they are still shite.😃 0-0 as Gomes goes off injured.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'm watching the Everton game and I can confirm they are still shite.�� 0-0 as Gomes goes off injured.
    So they won't even be getting their customary 7th/8th place finish?

Lots of first half goals last night, hardly any today, funny old game.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    It's not the simple game anymore.
    Var is the worst thing to happen to football.
    Agreed mate. I’ve always said that ball over the line should be the only thing that gets reviewed. It’s a shambles in my honest opinion. And what was all the faffing around about at the start of the second half last night?
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I'm just going on what I've seen, which is quite a lot seeing as I've got/not able to do bugger all else with my time. The vast majority of the time everyone except the 'big boys' wave the white flag and accept their fate before they've even stepped on the pitch, and even then some of the so called 'big boys' have seemed resigned to their fate.

On the rare occasions when teams have had a go at City, they have been given problems and have often struggled. Yes teams have been cut open trying to play this way, but is it not better to go down swinging, especially when City have shown that they are not invincible?
    Sounds a lot like how people talked about United 10-20 years ago to be fair.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay