Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Keita injury news

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    You see slagging off whereas they are merely posting what they see in the matches as they happen.

If you developed and tested your matchday thread thesis I think you'd find a natural correcting of your opinion.
    Without such an honest venture you'll likely just encounter reactions to your untested opinion, imo.
    Come on, some of the abuse players get is embarrassing, saying what you see is okay but some people on there are overly harsh when a mistake is made.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    What don't you understand about me having a problem with people slagging off players for making a mistake or two when they should be supporting them. It seem's that there are a lot of Liverpool fans and not supporters on here.
    As Taksin so eloquently put it, supporting someone is not the same as never criticising them and never saying a bad word about them. Or are you one of those people who wanted Roy to remain in charge?

Also what CC said.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Come on, some of the abuse players get is embarrassing, saying what you see is okay but some people on there are overly harsh when a mistake is made.
    This is absolutely true.

It's also something said in the heat of the moment and attempting to debate it as if it were a genuine opinion is pointless, as I stated earlier. Saying people aren't supporters because a player made a schoolboy error and they got overly annoyed by that is in no way fair.

However, there is genuine and accurate criticism too quite often. Debate that and ignore the rest. Most of what is said on there does not reflect the actual view of the posters.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    This is absolutely true.

It's also something said in the heat of the moment and attempting to debate it as if it were a genuine opinion is pointless, as I stated earlier.

However, there is genuine and accurate criticism too quite often.
    I'm up for constructive criticism but the slagging off on there is embarrassing.

I'm up for constructive criticism but the slagging off on there is embarrassing.
    I edited my post, might have ninja-ed you.

It's not clear to me what you mean by constructive criticism - do you honestly think any of us can point out something the couaches and player have missed?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I edited my post, might have ninja-ed you.

It's not clear to me what you mean by constructive criticism - do you honestly think any of us can point out something the couaches and player have missed?
    I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Dunno about this last one, could argue that the more criticism the more success you get. Criticism is ultimately beneficial even where hard to take and possibly reducing to the point of tears.
    If that were true, the most critical fans would have the most successful teams. Do we have the most critical fans or the most supportive?
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

I give up.
    Fair enough. Try to enjoy the games and don't pay too much attention to what's posted in the matchday threads - it's not usually the height of footballing knowhow. Sometimes though, there's something to be debated.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    If that were true, the most critical fans would have the most successful teams. Do we have the most critical fans or the most supportive?
    Think Barcelona and real Madrid are known for having the most critical fans. So I'd say we don't have the most critical fans. But we have highly critical fans.
    Think there is a strong link between capacity for success and criticism. So our critical fans are a blessing due to our capacity and history/legacy in British football.
    On a player level Zaha is heralded at Palace- their hero, but at a bigger club would have his appraisal refined due to the players around him and the increased expectations/critical eye.

Taking the pl as an example there are 6 teams that are likely to finish in the top4. Outside of these 6 clubs no one really expects their club to break into the top4 with the same level of expectation, the bar for criticism is naturally lower.
    Then outside of capacity you look at investment and what returns you get on your investment. So this is two pronged in addition to the former/capacity : 1 what you invest 2 what you get.
    Iirc Everton are closer to having invested(net spent) 3 times as much as us since Klopp arrived. Obviously per pound or overall they've not seen the return on investment (yet) we have, but this ties into where they are at in the international club pecking order.
    Here on our front we all are quite happy/ecstatic with our return on investment but I think on our level of investment we are somewhat short changed to date. As of now we have the lowest net spend of a top 6 club since Klopp arrived. Close to 20mill€ per season iirc - posted it elsewhere.

It's why I'm quite optimistic about when we invest in our next investment phase. So imo in 2020 Mbappe (2 years left on contract then) & Fernandes (3years) would be rather plausible additions.
    I'm not expecting the media to focus on our low net spend unless we struggle relative to last year, as I believe the media like much of the UK has a bit of a resentment towards Liverpool city and FC from my musings.
    Similarly I'm not expecting us to get the same tone as spurs having gone a whole summer and January window since signing moura, we've done the same (excluding kids) and if we add a third straight window in the coming January I doubt that will be noticed much either.

With higher standards come higher levels of critique both internally and externally imo. (I did reply to your post with brackets elsewhere within your post I qouted). Think this is and has been evidenced by those who sign for super clubs and excel or get crushed.
    If you think we are bad, imo you'd be blown away by the lads at the club. VVD looks physically wounded when we conceded for example.

In short I think unlike your conclusion, that hyper criticism is both fair and a reality of the level of performance/football/club. Rather than reigning in criticism, I'd tend to suggest that it should be balanced with strong praise where it is also due.

If keeping fans (players alike imo) happy is a valued metric of the owners and management then adding quality players during the summer window is a must. Doing it with a net spend or investment is even more widely pleasing.
    Outside of that make the ground bigger and better.
    Last edited by CCTV; 15th August 2019 at 01:55 PM.

I'd say lfc have the most supportive and best fans on matchdays taksin, while being some of the most critical fans in the world.