Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1316171819202122232425262728293033 ... LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Matces 17/08

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    With all due respect we’ve played two teams that we expect to beat. Arsenal, in theory, will be a proper test. I’ve been impressed by them so far, and they’ll definitely get chances on Saturday.
    They'll be massively motivated and hopeful of getting a result.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    No contact for the pen.. Any way 1-1 in the end.. I will be interested to see how them lot play the pressing game for the entire season. Their legs will be gone by Christmas at this rate.
    and no one talk about this no contact penalty, where is VAR ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    not even going to count chelsea in top4
    They may be a side that starts slowly but then begin to grow into the season and around February start working their way from 7th/8th up to 4th/5th.

Main thing is the lack of goals. It's a pity they're showing signs of being poor this season - the stronger that Arsenal/Chelsea are, the higher the chance of us not seeing United return to the Top Four and I'd just absolutely love that lot to be frozen out completely.

Want the same for Chelsea too of course. No objection at all to Arsenal doing well really.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Agree with the above Sid but hope we all feel the same way about the Arse after the game Saturday...

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agree with the above Sid but hope we all feel the same way about the Arse after the game Saturday...
    Indeed.

I think they'll pose a big problem for us as our back-line (so high!) has looked a little "off" so far this season and I'd much rather be playing them 10 games into the season than now when we still are showing signs of being "not up to speed" but ultimately we have our front three and are at Anfield - the first 6-7 games are all about getting points on the board and then we should hopefully settle into things better in terms of more consistent periods of high performance in games.

Adrian hopefully has his error "out of the way" that Liverpool keepers seemingly must have.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    With all due respect we’ve played two teams that we expect to beat. Arsenal, in theory, will be a proper test. I’ve been impressed by them so far, and they’ll definitely get chances on Saturday.
    It should be a cracker. 5 o'clock on a Saturday is a good time for a match as well. The crowd always has a few extra pints in them to up the atmosphere.
    It's a bit early in the season for me after last seasons exsploits, I'll have to wait a couple of months for my first game. But this is our first proper test and one I hope we come through with 3 points. No doubt you're going so enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    It should be a cracker. 5 o'clock on a Saturday is a good time for a match as well. The crowd always has a few extra pints in them to up the atmosphere.
    It's a bit early in the season for me after last seasons exsploits, I'll have to wait a couple of months for my first game. But this is our first proper test and one I hope we come through with 3 points. No doubt you're going so enjoy the game.
    Can't wait. You're right about the atmosphere at 5.30 kick off – it'll be buzzing. I've got no concerns about our ability to create chances but I'm worried about the defence. Really don't know what's changed.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Think they're just not up to speed and Fabinho's not been as mobile as last year yet.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

I was saying to a mate of mine that the worry I have is that there'll be an element of kicking back after the CL win. Finally getting a big trophy will have been a millstone off their necks so there could be a bit of slack creeping in. Personally I think it happened to TAA on a couple of occasions last season and before. He'd have a good spell and then look like he wasnt at the same level for a bit after.
    I hope not and I'm probably wrong but its not uncommon and with the intensity of how we play it wouldnt be a huge surprise.
    People could say Klopp wont allow that but theres an element of human nature that cant be countered against.

Yep... another example of the human nature element... I always watch teams and wonder why they sit back with a slim lead in big games - it’s not the smartest tactic and managers often bust a gut to stop it happening but as humans we naturally get defensive in that situation. It’s instinctive for most players.

As you say Klopp will be imploring them to play like it’s the continuation of last season with no let up - but - they are well aware of what they achieved... Tough to actually get the same shift out of them now.

It’s Arsenal - they seem to be buoyant right now after a few decent signings and plenty in the media seem to expect them to take points off us.. Let’s see..