Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Matches 24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Rashford getting racial abuse for missing the pen. Ever since Brexit this has become more prominent on social media. Can't say whether it is from the scum fans but some morons think it's okay to do it. Twitter should require bank account details for every user when they create an account.
    I think it speaks loads about the fanbase when this sort of thing happens.

When Abraham missed the penalty for Chelsea against us in the supercup he got a ton of racial abuse - a lot of it from scum Chelsea supporters.
    And now Rashford getting the same and again it seems like most from SCUM supporters.

Contrast both of those with then Gini missed the penalty that handed City the Charity shield.
    Sure Gini got the usual type of stick that he gets from fans, but as I recall almost none of it was of the racial nature that these two other guys are getting.

Again, it just speaks loads about the type of fanbases that these other sort of clubs tend to build up that the fans feel like it would be okay to do this sort of nonsense.
    To be precise it's only a portion of me downloaded via satellite.
    This Gynoid's E-brain lacks.........capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I think it speaks loads about the fanbase when this sort of thing happens.

When Abraham missed the penalty for Chelsea against us in the supercup he got a ton of racial abuse - a lot of it from scum Chelsea supporters.
    And now Rashford getting the same and again it seems like most from SCUM supporters.

Contrast both of those with then Gini missed the penalty that handed City the Charity shield.
    Sure Gini got the usual type of stick that he gets from fans, but as I recall almost none of it was of the racial nature that these two other guys are getting.

Again, it just speaks loads about the type of fanbases that these other sort of clubs tend to build up that the fans feel like it would be okay to do this sort of nonsense.
    It fucks me off that people can hide behind Twitter accounts and do what they want in terms of rascim. Even though I hate most Manc scum fans, Im not sure its them doing it. It could easily be fans from other teams trying to stir shit up.

Rashford getting racial abuse for missing the pen. Ever since Brexit this has become more prominent on social media. Can't say whether it is from the scum fans but some morons think it's okay to do it. Twitter should require bank account details for every user when they create an account.
    Very very worrying. Beyond my joy at them losing this is sickening to hear and sadly it is becoming normalised. Seems to me we are going backwards as a society in many ways.

It’s a society problem though not a football problem. And it’s in every walk of life in every part of the World, not just Europe or even the UK, it’s everywhere.
    They are moronic scum.

It fucks me off that people can hide behind Twitter accounts and do what they want in terms of rascim. Even though I hate most Manc scum fans, Im not sure its them doing it. It could easily be fans from other teams trying to stir shit up.
    What, whites don't miss penos?? What a strange world racists live in.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    It’s a society problem though not a football problem. And it’s in every walk of life in every part of the World, not just Europe or even the UK, it’s everywhere.
    They are moronic scum.
    Its not a football thing, I'm sure the horrible cunts are jumping on any opportunity to share their hatred.

I'm not convinced by that argument.
    I mean, why would the fans of another team care to stir shit up when the players of your team screw up (and potentially help their team)?

You really think, for example, that any ManUre or Everton fans are logging on to twitter to lob racist abuse at Gini when he misses a penalty that costs us the Charity Shield, rather than celebrating it because it denies us yet another trophy?

That makes no sense.

Every club has their own group and segment of racist twats and dickheads among their fanbases - us included.
    The age of twitter has just given more of these kinds of people a voice and license to to spew their racism and hatred more openly, so it's not surprising to me when it now happens more frequently.

But it's the concentration and frequency of how much more it happens at other clubs where they generally tend to encourage twattery that dictates whether or not you'll see it happening even against players of one's own team than not.

And I'm not even saying it's okay when the racist abuse is aimed by supporters of one's club against the players of an opposing or rival's club. But it IS telling when they feel comfortable to lob it at their own team and players.

And by the way this is coming from someone who thinks it's okay for fans to give stick and legitimate criticism against the players of their own team for poor performance.
    But racist abuse is a far cry from your garden variety stick and fan whinging.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I'm not convinced by that argument.
    I mean, why would the fans of another team care to stir shit up when the players of your team screw up (and potentially help their team)?

You really think, for example, that any ManUre or Everton fans are logging on to twitter to lob racist abuse at Gini when he misses a penalty that costs us the Charity Shield, rather than celebrating it because it denies us yet another trophy?

That makes no sense.

Every club has their own group and segment of racist twats and dickheads among their fanbases - us included.
    The age of twitter has just given more of these kinds of people a voice and license to to spew their racism and hatred more openly, so it's not surprising to me when it now happens more frequently.

But it's the concentration and frequency of how much more it happens at other clubs where they generally tend to encourage twattery that dictates whether or not you'll see it happening even against players of one's own team than not.

And I'm not even saying it's okay when the racist abuse is aimed by supporters of one's club against the players of an opposing or rival's club. But it IS telling when they feel comfortable to lob it at their own team and players.

And by the way this is coming from someone who thinks it's okay for fans to give stick and legitimate criticism against the players of their own team for poor performance.
    But racist abuse is a far cry from your garden variety stick and fan whinging.
    Why would fans of other teams want to cause discourse between fans of their opposition or why would racists like to jump on any chance to vent their hole?

“Vent their hole” ... havin that one.

Why would fans of other teams want to cause discourse between fans of their opposition or why would racists like to jump on any chance to vent their hole?
    This would be a weird way of trying to sow 'discord' (if that's what you meant) amongst opposition or rival teams' fans, since when this sort of thing happens to a team, the team and supporters tend to go into a sort of hive mind, 'closing ranks' defensive mentality rather than turn on each other, because the belief is that the whole world is unfairly against you.

I remember clearly what happened with us during the whole Suarez-Evra racism fiasco when King Kenny was here a couple of years ago.
    The fans and the club closed ranks rather than turned on Suarez or each other, despite criticism from many in the media for us doing so. That's just what tends to happen in life with human psychology and not just in football either.

And yes, racists love to stir shit up, but again, why the hell would I risk getting banned from twitter for trying to impersonate a rival team's fans just to make them look racist?

I'm sorry, but I'm still not buying it.