Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weekend’s Other Matches 24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    This would be a weird way of trying to sow 'discord' (if that's what you meant) amongst opposition or rival teams' fans, since when this sort of thing happens to a team, the team and supporters tend to go into a sort of hive mind, 'closing ranks' defensive mentality rather than turn on each other, because the belief is that the whole world is unfairly against you.

I remember clearly what happened with us during the whole Suarez-Evra racism fiasco when King Kenny was here a couple of years ago.
    The fans and the club closed ranks rather than turned on Suarez or each other, despite criticism from many in the media for us doing so. That's just what tends to happen in life with human psychology and not just in football either.

And yes, racists love to stir shit up, but again, why the hell would I risk getting banned from twitter for trying to impersonate a rival team's fans just to make them look racist?

I'm sorry, but I'm still not buying it.
    Fine, but it's a big horrible world out there and not everything is about football fans being purists. If they were racist fans at a game then that's 100% their fans but Twitter is a vile place, it could be anybody and I'm sure there are a few horrible fans of our club who would like to mix it up.

Really frustrating to hear about the racism. There are so many better ways to channel negative energy than being a hateful sod.

On a much, much lighter note, United's last 16 games apparently consist of 3 wins, 4 draws and 9 losses.

Ole won't be Captain of that Ship for much longer and it really is a damned shame. He is even better entertainment than Moyes.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Not just him at the wheel though is it ? That squad must be embarrassing the hell out of Fergie sat in the stands. They really are starting to mirror us going through the 90’s.

They surely have to give him the full season after the type of transfer window they just had?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Hope so but as time goes on I’m less sure it actually matters until they buy at least 5 new first eleven players.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    They surely have to give him the full season after the type of transfer window they just had?
    They should give him a 10 year deal right now, Ole must stay

They're learning very quickly, like Southgate, that what we do isn't as straight forward as simply lining up 433
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Stat for you.

Watford are already 12 behind our GD after just 3 games.

I don't expect Bournemouth to get anything out of this game, but then again stranger things have happened.

And immediately Bournemouth fashion a chance in the first minute but Josh King's finish is very germane straight at Ederson.

Anyone want to have a guess as to how many times the commentary team(s) and pundits cream themselves during and after this match over any of Sterling/KDB/Pep?