Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Arsenal (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    That was quite a breathtaking performance from the lads today, showed Arsenal just how far behind the required standard they are.
    Agreed. Also looked to me like we had another gear if needed. Us and City are literally streets ahead of the rest. .

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Pepe looks dangerous but erratic. But under Klopp ee lnow what could become of a player. I think though he is going to improve Arsenal massively. He was up against the absolute best today.
    It was me who didn't rate him, not Dicko, just spent far too much time strolling everytime I watched Lille, no problems on that front today however, although, I think our lads just gave him a bit more room than he'll be afforded next time we meet because he's a new player none of them have come up against until today, so they were standing off a bit to get the measure of what he had in the locker

Really pleased Jurgen worked with the press in the week, we looked like Liverpool of the back end of last season again today, now we need to focus on last season's mantra, focus entirely on each next game and getting the win in each next game.

Quite impressed with Adrian, definitely a step up on Migs and a more able stand in for Allisson, having noted that I'm actually getting high hopes for the domestic cups with the squad we have, it'll be really good to have a good keeper in the sticks in the cups
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

12th successive league win..!

From the beeb- “Torreira pulled one back late on but nothing was getting in the way of Liverpool's 12th successive league victory, equalling their best sequence in the top flight under Kenny Dalglish between April and October 1990.”

Impressive indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    12th successive league win..!

From the beeb- “Torreira pulled one back late on but nothing was getting in the way of Liverpool's 12th successive league victory, equalling their best sequence in the top flight under Kenny Dalglish between April and October 1990.”

Impressive indeed
    It's not good enough! I won't be happy until it's 47
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I don’t think I was the only one a bit worried about this match. Partly because Arsenal have looked pretty decent so far this season, and also because that despite the results, we haven’t really looked “at it”... up until now that is.

The week of preparation/recovery certainly seems to have done the trick. Our pressing game was back to its formidable best. The front 3 especially never gave the opposition defenders time to play. If there’s a better front 3 in world football, I haven’t seen it. Their work rate is phenomenal. That greedy bastard Salah looked much sharper, having looked a tad subdued in our previous 4 games.

Man of the Match? It could be any of Matip who scored the all important first goal and blocked a certain shot on target at the other end, Henderson who’s starting to look like a captain, or obviously Salah, but for me, Firmino was truly world class. What a talent that guy is. Special mention for Milner as well. His positioning and awareness stood out to me when he came on.

As for Arsenal, they were slightly better than Norwich. I honestly can’t see why anyone rates David Luiz.

Oh, and the mancs lost. Not a bad day.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Just looking at the scoring stats for Mane and Salah..Mane is better than 1 in 2 and Salah as 57 goals from 77 appearances. That's some going from both!
    Leader of all..master of none..

Salah also has 20 assists in that time. Mental.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Just looking at the scoring stats for Mane and Salah..Mane is better than 1 in 2 and Salah as 57 goals from 77 appearances. That's some going from both!
    Pur squad depth is maybe not what City have. But in Salah, Bobby, VVD, Allison, Mane, Fabinho and Robbo I feel we have 6 of the very best players in their position in the world. Then the supporting cast Matip, Trent, Henderson, Gini I feel we have good players, who in the presence of world class look very good.

We are blessed with what Jurgen Klopp has brought together. Ox, Gomez and Naby I also think will be amazing players but because of their stop start I feel not enough data to say.

Jurgen Klopp is the best Liverpool Manager of my time (38). Know King Kenny was boss but was too young to know much about that and football wasn't yet live day to day here in South Africa. Rafa, Evans and Houlier did tje best woth what they had. But Jurgen Klopp has made us great again.

One day will tell my grandkids that Jurgen Klopp made the people happy.

Pur squad depth is maybe not what City have. But in Salah, Bobby, VVD, Allison, Mane, Fabinho and Robbo I feel we have 6 of the very best players in their position in the world. Then the supporting cast Matip, Trent, Henderson, Gini I feel we have good players, who in the presence of world class look very good.

We are blessed with what Jurgen Klopp has brought together. Ox, Gomez and Naby I also think will be amazing players but because of their stop start I feel not enough data to say.

Jurgen Klopp is the best Liverpool Manager of my time (38). Know King Kenny was boss but was too young to know much about that and football wasn't yet live day to day here in South Africa. Rafa, Evans and Houlier did tje best woth what they had. But Jurgen Klopp has made us great again.

One day will tell my grandkids that Jurgen Klopp made the people happy.
    Les hope we manage to win the league! its down right difficult. But Klopp as us well prepared to do so.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Jurgen Klopp is the best Liverpool Manager of my time (38).
    38 managers? You've been watching since Tom Watson was at the helm.. that's impressive
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now