Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mo Mane Bobby

Mo Mane Bobby

Really clicking straight off the bat, all 3 look incredibly sharp, Jurgen taking opportunities to rest them for as many minutes of games as he can when the opportunity is there too.

I think they're looking even better so far this season than last, Mane's awesome, so often gets the breakthrough goal, but I love how he celebrates goals, he's as happy when anyone scores as he is when he scores himself, love it.

Bobby is the architect of so much of what we do that's brilliant, the link play, the press and is absolutely priceless

Salah is a big part of why I've been even more impressed, being a lot more unselfish already this season, looking to create in positions where it's not really on to score instead of trying it anyway like a lot of times last season, the movement and rotation of positions between the 3 looks better too

There is not a better forward line in European football, that run across from one of them to take a player away when it's with the full back we did more of in the second half v Arsenal today still needs a bit more work
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Ironically enough I think they're clicking so well because of the lack of break.

Half-anticipating a collective dip in form at some point of the season and/or some slight burn-out and we'll need to manage it when it happens (on paper would rather they "peak" from February onwards than now) but winning regularly will help us find that extra energy as-and-when needed.

Onwards we go. What an incredible attacking trident. Is this the best attacking unit we've ever had?
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Onwards we go. What an incredible attacking trident. Is this the best attacking unit we've ever had?
    Peak Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling was pretty damn good, as was Dalglish and Rush too, obviously. I reckon the Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge trio would run Bobby, Mo and Sadio close.

Quote Originally Posted by Clungeman View Post
    Peak Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling was pretty damn good, as was Dalglish and Rush too, obviously. I reckon the Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge trio would run Bobby, Mo and Sadio close.
    All of those forward lines bring/brought different things to the table. Our current attack is more dynamic, whilst the likes of Rush and Dalgish was more 'telepathic' and the Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge triumvirate was more cultured and more well roundedm

I'd take the current lot over SSS.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Ironically enough I think they're clicking so well because of the lack of break.

Half-anticipating a collective dip in form at some point of the season and/or some slight burn-out and we'll need to manage it when it happens (on paper would rather they "peak" from February onwards than now) but winning regularly will help us find that extra energy as-and-when needed.

Thing is with it bring as good as they are it will need to be a season long peak or very close to it to win the league this season.

The lack of a rest this summer may well have kept continuity but is often cited as reason for poor early season form.

They will defo need to be managed carefully this season - part of the reason why so many of us were keen to see an additional rotational option to guard against any fatigue that will likely set in.

As for if they are the best attacking unit....???

If we look at games to goals during a League season then SSS would take the crown to date - recording 101 goals in 38 games. That was some tally considering the size of the squad and the limitations of the man at the helm. But it was just one season.

At a push SSS would likely outscore the current crop in Klopp’s current setup ( two IMO more accomplished finishers ) - pure speculation though. The most cultured forward line I ever witnessed was Barnes ( what a player ) Beardsley & Aldo... That 3 just tore teams to shreds in many different ways - almost at will.

At the end of the day there were many front lines at WC level in Red.. they were/are all amazing attacking forward lines. There is really nothing between them and best of all - they wore/wear a Liverbird on the chest..

Barnes in action... Oh the joy.. Sorry couldn't help myself..

Last edited by Steveo; 26th August 2019 at 09:58 AM.

I think that Sterling was a class below all the other players we've mentioned tbh. He's improved massively since then, of course.

Here's one for you - will Klopp rotate the forward line more this year?
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I think that Sterling was a class below all the other players we've mentioned tbh. He's improved massively since then, of course.

Here's one for you - will Klopp rotate the forward line more this year?
    He seems keen to get Ox playing in the front three this year, I'm not fond of the idea myself because I think Ox is so much better played in the midfield than as an attacker. Origi can certainly do a job on the left or as a more traditional front man - but that would require a change in the way we play. Brewster is touted as a more like-for-like replacement for Bobby if he's not available, but I don't know whether that would be Jurgen's go-to choice.

The slight annoyance is that on the past couple of games evidence, Wilson looks like he can cut it in the Premier League (early days yet, I know) and he would be a natural stand in for Mo on the right if anything were to happen with him.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Thing is with it bring as good as they are it will need to be a season long peak or very close to it to win the league this season.
    Perhaps.

Half the battle is getting the defence performing as it did last season - if we don't concede goals, we only need to score one etc.

This team is more than capable of striking the balance. We just need to keep notching up points, get Alisson back and get Van Dijk, his partner at centre-back (for me preferably Matip) and Fabinho up to top form and it "buys" us matches where our front three aren't trail-blazing.

Having Ox and Keita up-to-speed and able to play as a "two" in front of Fabinho is also something I am desperate to see, but we'd have to be careful about which sides we would deploy such a set-up against - has the capacity to absolutely blitz weaker teams but I doubt I would play it against City.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay