Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Emré Could

Emré Could

I think we’re missing him more than we thought we would. Don’t think any combinations we’ve tried this season have worked particularly well.

I don't think we've missed him at all. Its the front 3 that haven't clicked yet

Quote Originally Posted by dannykos View Post
    I think we’re missing him more than we thought we would. Don’t think any combinations we’ve tried this season have worked particularly well.
    There's no difficulties we have had this season that would have been fixed by having Emre Can in the side. The midfield has worked very well so far regardless of the combination - Milner and Wijnaldum have both been machines and whoever has played alongside them - Keita or Henderson - has worked very well too.

As RDU said, the main issue we have had thus far is that Firmino, Mané and Salah haven't clicked into the same gears as last season yet.

Personally I think that's clutching at straws danny...Never thought Can was all that tbh...We're simply not playing well enough at the mo...

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Personally I think that's clutching at straws danny...Never thought Can was all that tbh...We're simply not playing well enough at the mo...
    Agree. Its the sane with the revisionism about Ox. Neither of them would change much at all.

If you were talking about Coutinho then I'd agree with you. But not Emre , he's no big loss. Shaqui should feel hard done by, by not getting onto the pitch. He has the ability to change things.

Anyone would think we were in the bottom half of the table waiting for our first win. We haven't hit the heights of last season but we haven't been bad either. The last 4 games aren't a true reflection of our season so far.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

No, more like Emre Couldn't.
    There are only 2 teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves. (Bill Shankly)

I think we are missing Oxlade Chamberlain more. Someone who could run from deep in midfielder and get in the space in between the opposition midfield and back players.
    That's why I have been calling for Salah to play up the middle firmino as good has he is holding the ball. just doesn't have the pace.
    Anyway that wont be an issue with most teams. As they sit back anyway. just need good movement in the last 3rd to make chances.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I think we are missing Oxlade Chamberlain more. Someone who could run from deep in midfielder and get in the space in between the opposition midfield and back players.
    That's why I have been calling for Salah to play up the middle firmino as good has he is holding the ball. just doesn't have the pace.
    Anyway that wont be an issue with most teams. As they sit back anyway. just need good movement in the last 3rd to make chances.
    I agree with this about Oxlaide-Chamberlain its not that he is great he provides energy, can play out wide if needed, can make bursting runs from deep and is different to all our other midfielders.

Coutinho like others have said is a good player but his money has paid for Alisson / VVD we are without doubt better with those two than with Coutinho.

Can wasn't a bad player for us only gripe is we didn't get a fee for him but that's how it goes sometimes.

20 points out of 24 is a brilliant return with who we have had to play so far.
    Last edited by LEGS; 8th October 2018 at 11:58 AM.