Buy Liverpool T-Shirts, LFC Kit and Merch now

Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212425262728293031

Thread: Chelsea v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    You and about 578 million others, according to latest reports. Does anyone think continual success is guaranteed? And again, which model exactly are you pining for- Real Madrid? Is big spending the thing that guarantees the next appointment will be a success? Doesn’t seem to working for Man U, or Everton as it happens.
    I doubt anyone thinks that continual success is guaranteed, but continued 'competitiveness' should be a lot easier to achieve if you are 'big' club, and you use the resources available to such a club. I don't expect us to find another Klopp or start doing a City/PSG/Madrid/Barca, but what I would like to expect is that not only is a 'competent' manager hired, but that they are given enough funds to compensate for them not being as good as someone like Klopp. I have my doubts over that actually happening.

Don't think Gerrard should get a stint. If he proves himself then yes. Klopp is building something special and would love if it continues after that. Gerrard might succeed but I think he will come with a load. And his unfortunate situation of never having won the league with us a player may burden him even more. Think as Liverpool we must leave the past on the past. I know we are built on nostalgia and romance, but in part our past has become our shackle. We are so desperate to be where we were and then we don't enjoy what we have now.

One of the reasons I think this group is doing well, they don't have a historical link to the City. They don't feel burdened by the past, they just in the present. Klopp too, he always says it. It is not thus group of players who have not won the league for 20 odd years. But you see with Trent he seemed to have been the most devastated by not winning last season.

If at the time Gerrard is the right man then yes, but it must not be sentimental love affair decision. He was the greatest player in Red I have seen and along with Barnes are my 2 favourite players I have seen on my lifetime. But I want what is best for the club and what is best is winning.

I wouldn't give the job to Gerrard..Great player. But there something about him that I just find not right. Sorry if that offends the people who feel they have to protect him no matter what.
    I hope Klopp stays longer than 3 years!.Maybe we can persuade to stay another 5.
    Leader of all..master of none..

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    what I would like to expect is that not only is a 'competent' manager hired, but that they are given enough funds to compensate for them not being as good as someone like Klopp. I have my doubts over that actually happening.
    Everyone has their doubts.. it's not exactly automatic.

I think our current owners are much better placed to make a good decision than others. That is to say, if I were a Man U fan I would now have no confidence in the owners being able to make a good appointment. What that means is, I would think the process by which they make their decision is not sound. For another example, as a Man City fan I would know what kind of appointment they would make and I would be a bit depressed that my club had ended up being reduced to buying the biggest and most expensive appointments in all quarters.

Our owners would try to do what they have consistently done. Find talent that is not mature, sightly off the beaten track, probably not in the greatest demand. And their team will have gone to extra lengths (than Man U, say) to check that they are working at the top of their game and producing results. That's how they found Klopp. That's how they found Brendan, who actually isn't that bad a manager and wasn't too far off being a hit.

They also got rid of Brendan at the right moment. I also trust they wouldn't appoint Gerrard for sentimental reasons but would need to be convinced by stats or algorithms or whatever they use. I hold these opinions due to their track record and approach to all business. It goes without saying they may make mistakes but I actually have faith in them to make decent decisions. They've also learnt something from their success With Klopp - that his personality works well with the club and that counts for a lot - and so they have more information now than when they appointed him.
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

I'd say Gerrard is an obvious choice given that inspiration is a big part of how this club works. But you want the owners not to make an emotional decision but a decision based on achieving success. These owners seem highly attuned to that need. They did it with Kenny and they now have him in the right role for the success of the club. It was the wrong decision from a sentimental perspective but I doubt Kenny has any hard feelings now.
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Lovely goal by Trent

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Lovely goal by Trent
    That stream you're watching is a bit behind mate 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    That stream you're watching is a bit behind mate ������
    Hehe, right Sheff Utd up next...

I see Kante is injured again.. the motivation to get him fit for our games is back firing.. GOOD
    Leader of all..master of none..