Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Steveo and Taksin Borefest Show

Wine must be good too. You know, with the locally sourced packaging.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    There was a good story I heard earlier about some fishermen who caught a bluefin tuna worth £2.7m, but instead of selling it they tagged it and then released it. Unfortunately things like that are all too rare with more people than ever willing to "sell their grandmothers" if it makes them a bit of money.
    £2.7 million ? In the words of the Perma tanned one " FAKE NEWS "

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    When did Brendan say that?
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    In this cynical world in which we live that is both a distinct possibility and the default view of many, possibly even myself. I would however like to think that things like this do happen every now and then. If we truely believe that we have reached a point where such altruistic acts never occur then we may as well just throw in the towel here and now.
    Last edited by RedNoodle; 26th September 2019 at 10:51 PM.

More praise for our Jurgen...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...g-Anfield.html

“Rangnick pointed to the performances of Englishmen James Milner and Jordan Henderson as evidence of Klopp's good work, as well as the change in mindset of star attacking trio Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino.

'If you look at Jordan Henderson or James Milner before Klopp they were totally average,' he said.

'The fact that they have now become such players is entirely up to their manager. Sadio Mané, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino were, until three or four years ago, everything other than typical pressing strikers.

'They just wanted to have the ball and play with it. The fact that they have grown together at Liverpool is all down to Jürgen Klopp.'”
    Last edited by Steveo; 27th September 2019 at 12:08 AM.

Henderson has definitely improved under Klopp, but I personally feel Milner is pretty much the same as he’s always been.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Not sure about that - he came on a free and couldn’t find a place in a weaker City lineup than they have now. The Milner we have seen these last 2-3 seasons especially would not have been allowed to depart like that - and would have had much more game time. He was pretty average for a while for us too. He was always solid - but Klopp has improved him IMO,.

Disagree, Milner was offered something like 200kpw to stay at City, but he wanted to play centrally iirc.

Wasn't Hendo playing as a DM even before Klopp arrived? If so, I'd argue he didn't make a huge jump up until he was moved to his preferred position.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Disagree, Milner was offered something like 200kpw to stay at City, but he wanted to play centrally iirc.

Wasn't Hendo playing as a DM even before Klopp arrived? If so, I'd argue he didn't make a huge jump up until he was moved to his preferred position.
    I think when he left City he was quoted as saying "Fuck City, I want to win the Champions League", don't quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    I think when he left City he was quoted as saying "Fuck City, I want to win the Champions League", don't quote me on that.
    Quoted! Fact!
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!