Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Steveo and Taksin Borefest Show

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    But this is the entire debate.

What you see is net spend numbers. What Jose sees is a club that is investing properly in its squad and a manager that gets the players he needs at the time that he feels he needs them.

What Steveo sees is an ownership that is interested only in what it can extract from the club and which would be embarrassed by it’s under investment if Klopp left. What Jose sees is a club that is building the right structure and culture for any top manager to succeed in.

I wonder if Steveo still wishes we were as well run as Tottenham or, well, he never did give a second example of a better run club but Tottenham were definitely, unequivocally and obviously being better run. That much he stated on a few occasions.

He may be right but I wonder how both of you would feel we would do if, in the hypothetical event of Klopp leaving tomorrow, we appointed Pochettino? Anyone think he might do better here than he did at Spurs?

I personally just wish you could see past the complete and utter tripe you post.. The never ending drivel based on what you believe has been said eons ago.

That would be a great start..

Missed the response to a perfectly reasonable and politely worded question there.

In my opinion he would do better than at Spurs, but less well than Klopp has done. His sacking was a joke. CL finalists just 6 months ago.

As an aside, anyone know any Spurs fans and their thoughts on it? They are a best a bunch of entitled cretins but even they must think it’s a bit harsh?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I personally just wish you could see past the complete and utter tripe you post.. The never ending drivel based on what you believe has been said eons ago.

That would be a great start..
    Perhaps some introspection of your own is in order, Steveo.
    It’s a strange wish you have for me to imagine you didn’t say you thought Tottenham are being better run than LFC, when you did say those things. I wasn’t eavesdropping either. I asked you outright and that was your answer. You are still waxing lyrical about their set up on the Pochettino Mourinho thread so it’s not like those opinions of yours are out of character.
    It’s possible you are right - I mean they seem to be doing something right. They’ve gone up in the world somewhat. So have we - even more than them. But you were saying we are doing something wrong and you were specific about what that was. That’s what I pulled you up on.
    Calling me deceptive when I point his out is a bit rich. I’m keeping the argument on track. I have what you said correct. If you no longer hold those views, just say it and it’s all over, rather than calling me a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by red4life86 View Post
    Missed the response to a perfectly reasonable and politely worded question there.

In my opinion he would do better than at Spurs, but less well than Klopp has done. His sacking was a joke. CL finalists just 6 months ago.

As an aside, anyone know any Spurs fans and their thoughts on it? They are a best a bunch of entitled cretins but even they must think it’s a bit harsh?
    I don’t think he’s as good a manager as Klopp either but I think he’s good enough to do really well at Anfield.
    Presumably he would have some advantages over Klopp, whatever they might turn out to be. But I don’t see the set up holding him back. The last few months have shed some doubts on how well Tottenham are being run. Something doesn’t look right to me or to my Spurs mates. It will be interesting to see how well he does elsewhere.
    The irony for this thread is that Mourinho obviously thinks things look good there, unless he’s a mercenary, which I doubt. He said something about the team and squad being already in place in his interview yesterday, which sounded like he may have been told not to expect too much from transfers.

Perhaps some introspection of your own is in order, Steveo.
    It’s a strange wish you have for me to imagine you didn’t say you thought Tottenham are being better run than LFC, when you did say those things. I wasn’t eavesdropping either. I asked you outright and that was your answer. You are still waxing lyrical about their set up on the Pochettino Mourinho thread so it’s not like those opinions of yours are out of character.
    It’s possible you are right - I mean they seem to be doing something right. They’ve gone up in the world somewhat. So have we - even more than them. But you were saying we are doing something wrong and you were specific about what that was. That’s what I pulled you up on.
    Calling me deceptive when I point his out is a bit rich. I’m keeping the argument on track. I have what you said correct. If you no longer hold those views, just say it and it’s all over, rather than calling me a liar.
    No - I suggested that on the issue of the stadium they have done a much better job. Which is quite an obvious reality...turning a 36,000 WHL into a 62,000 WHL.

Also in relation to the owners I did state that IF the standard of running a club is judged by how much bang you get for your buck ( which I don’t BTW but you used to cite our owners quality on that score ) then Spurs are one of the best run clubs on the planet!

You can try to twist it anyway you like but that is the way it is.

They have finished higher than us in how many of the last 10 seasons? They were one game away from being Cbampions of Europe this June too. So bad though they have been this last 9 months - I believe a little perspective is needed .

Let’s be quite clear - if Klopp goes to spurs instead of Pochettino - I dread to think what things would look like. .
    Last edited by Steveo; 22nd November 2019 at 03:50 PM.

By the same token you have to say LFC were a Karius concussion and not-letting-in-a-goal after ten seconds away from having three European trophies under their belt.

Not to mention 11 mm from a PL title and a penalty shoot out away from another league cup.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Absolutely.

As Jimmy Greaves once said “it’s a funny old game...”

Have to say though - I do not believe Pochettino is in Klopp’s class. Not convinced anyone is..
    Last edited by Steveo; 22nd November 2019 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    No - I suggested that on the issue of the stadium they have done a much better job. Which is quite an obvious reality...turning a 36,000 WHL into a 62,000 WHL.

Also in relation to the owners I did state that IF the standard of running a club is judged by how much bang you get for your buck ( which I don’t BTW but you used to cite our owners quality on that score ) then Spurs are one of the best run clubs on the planet!

You can try to twist it anyway you like but that is the way it is.

They have finished higher than us in how many of the last 10 seasons? They were one game away from being Cbampions of Europe this June too. So bad though they have been this last 9 months - I believe a little perspective is needed .

Let’s be quite clear - if Klopp goes to spurs instead of Pochettino - I dread to think what things would look like. .
    You even contradict yourself in your own defence. That’s why I started pulling you up on your conspiracy diatribes all those months ago. Ignore for now that refuse to admit you were asked who you thought was doing a better job and you answered with ease and confidence.

Above you claim you were only referring to the stadium and to the product from spend (which doesn’t seem right as you’re always going on about our underspend)

The you say I’m twisting things (yawn)

Then in the next paragraph you start listing the reasons why spurs are actually being really well run, as if that wasn’t part of your argument before.
    You are impossible to argue with.

You even contradict yourself in your own defence. That’s why I started pulling you up on your conspiracy diatribes all those months ago. Ignore for now that refuse to admit you were asked who you thought was doing a better job and you answered with ease and confidence.

Above you claim you were only referring to the stadium and to the product from spend (which doesn’t seem right as you’re always going on about our underspend)

The you say I’m twisting things (yawn)

Then in the next paragraph you start listing the reasons why spurs are actually being really well run, as if that wasn’t part of your argument before.
    You are impossible to argue with.
    But Spurs are well run you complete filth. Where did I say they weren't and where did I also say they were better run than us..

This is what you do - you read what you imagine from my words rather than actually reading them in the literal sense.

If I say that Canada is a vast land mass does that mean the same as saying that Russia isn't?

Do try to keep up old bean.. this is tiresome

As for how well a club is run - I think plenty is down to luck and circumstance.

Were Arsenal one of the best run clubs in the world when Wenger was at his peak? If so what happened? How about when Fergie nearly got United Relegated? Or when he turned it around and built a dynasty that knocked us off our perch...? Were United suddenly brilliantly run? Did their ownership go to pot when he retired? How about now? Badly run or suffering the hangover of Fergie's legacy?

How about us..? Were we well run before Kenny left us in the early 90's and then badly run as Souness came in until the end of Evans Spice boys? Were we well run again when Houllier won the Treble? and then less so before Rafa won us number 5? Were we fabulously run in 2009 as the top rated side in Europe who should have won number 19? - similar to how we are now?? Then poor again until Rodgers 2014 side etc and etc.. and then again now we are here with Jurgen..

Is this all dictated by how the owners run their ship? Or is it more likely down to the management of the squad and the team on the pitch.. plus some luck...?