Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Steveo and Taksin Borefest Show

We were notoriously poorly run in the late 2000's Steveo. The whole "24 hours from administration" wasn't actually bollocks. The club wasn't making enough money and we had more debt than we should have. That's the reason FSG got us on the cheap.

Though they had to circumnavigate said debt.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Seriously Bali I am well aware of this and was as desperate as ANYONE that they were removed..!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    As for how well a club is run - I think plenty is down to luck and circumstance.

Were Arsenal one of the best run clubs in the world when Wenger was at his peak? If so what happened? How about when Fergie nearly got United Relegated? Or when he turned it around and built a dynasty that knocked us off our perch...? Were United suddenly brilliantly run? Did their ownership go to pot when he retired? How about now? Badly run or suffering the hangover of Fergie's legacy?

How about us..? Were we well run before Kenny left us in the early 90's and then badly run as Souness came in until the end of Evans Spice boys? Were we well run again when Houllier won the Treble? and then less so before Rafa won us number 5? Were we fabulously run in 2009 as the top rated side in Europe who should have won number 19? - similar to how we are now?? Then poor again until Rodgers 2014 side etc and etc.. and then again now we are here with Jurgen..
    An interesting set of questions. I have some opinions in response as I’m sure you do, although I note you now believe much of it is down to luck. A new tact you’re taking as this late stage. Previously you believed is was all down to Klopp.

At an earlier stage you were saying this club is being badly run compared to, oh, I don’t know, Spurs. How do we know those were your views? Because you wrote them down. You complained that FSG were not doing a good job in a knowing manner - as if it was obvious. I asked you to name a club that was better run. Your answer was ‘Spurs’ and you had your reasons for that belief. You wrote them down for us all to read.

None of that is controversial. What is bewilderingly strange is that you now see it as some kind of slight upon you that I bring up these simple facts. I’m not bringing them up to make you look stupid, I’m bringing them up because they form the basis of the discussion that we could be having. But we can’t have that discussion because we can’t establish what you actually think.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    An interesting set of questions. I have some opinions in response as I’m sure you do, although I note you now believe much of it is down to luck. A new tact you’re taking as this late stage. Previously you believed is was all down to Klopp.

At an earlier stage you were saying this club is being badly run compared to, oh, I don’t know, Spurs. How do we know those were your views? Because you wrote them down. You complained that FSG were not doing a good job in a knowing manner - as if it was obvious. I asked you to name a club that was better run. Your answer was ‘Spurs’ and you had your reasons for that belief. You wrote them down for us all to read.

None of that is controversial. What is bewilderingly strange is that you now see it as some kind of slight upon you that I bring up these simple facts. I’m not bringing them up to make you look stupid, I’m bringing them up because they form the basis of the discussion that we could be having. But we can’t have that discussion because we can’t establish what you actually think.
    Where is the change of tact? Inside your rock of a head?

You are inventing stories again Taksin..

I believe our success is in the main down to klopp - and have said so time and time again as you know. You maintain it is down being "well run"..

No manager, nor club, or team wins much without a degree of luck and this is a well documented stance so stop trying to be a smart Alec just because I hurt your Uncle's Tom & John when I mentioned just how much of a steal they bought this club for.

Regarding the stadium - IMO FSG have done the BARE MINIMUM and have taken far too long to add a paltry 8,500 seats - mainly corporate too. This is my view - sorry if it offends Uncle's Tom/John. Seriosuly get over it - they bought us and built a stand ALL for less than £310 million ( including a £110 interest free loan from them ) - that much is fact..!

"bewilderingly strange" Good wordage - what you describe as fact is in fact your failing memory - which isn't the same thing Taksin - you do see that don't you..?

For me the owners are there to acquire the players the manager wants and to do what is best for the long term future of the club. Until Anfield is at least the size that Parry and Moores said was the bare minimum back in 2005/6 when they realised we needed more to compete... I will call out the owners failure in this regard.

Nothing to do with how well run we are or how well run Spurs are Taksin that is your own issue to resolve.

When push comes to shove - the crux of this is your IMO whacko belief in the fact that we as a club would be where we are regardless of whether Jurgen was here or not.

I do not believe that for one second. I would also add that we probably owe as much to Jurgen's Wife for him being here and us enjoying his great work - as we we do our owners. The best thing they ever did was nab our Black Forrest Jurgen... And that is the end of the matter

I didn't catch any of your answers BTW..
    Last edited by Steveo; 22nd November 2019 at 07:18 PM.

I believe our success is in the main down to klopp - and have said so time and time again as you know. You maintain it is down being "well run"..
    No I don't, as we have in fact discussed. I think Klopp is a genius and ideally suited to this club. That's what I have said, clearly and on numerous occasions. That you can't follow basic stuff like this is why we are still going through all this crap.
    I think the club is well run and I agree with Jose Mourinho that the set up is what has given Klopp the platform. If you'd care to argue against that point, which you have disagreed with historically, then we would be conversing about something.

just because I hurt your Uncle's Tom & John when I mentioned just how much of a steal they bought this club for
    There's something creepy about the way you do this. It's as if you have to imagine some kind of weird emotional obsession I have towards the owners, whom I know almost nothing about personally. Perhaps it's a projection of some kind because I don't believe I've ever said anything sycophantic about them.
    It also reveals a little of your animus towards them - by implication it would be pathetic for anyone to like them. Why is that? Could it be because you have an irrational hatred towards them, something I've been trying to clarify for quite some time..

Regarding the stadium - IMO FSG have done the BARE MINIMUM and have taken far too long to add a paltry 8,500 seats - mainly corporate too. This is my view - sorry if it offends Uncle's Tom/John. Seriosuly get over it - they bought us and built a stand ALL for less than £310 million ( including a £110 interest free loan from them ) - that much is fact..!
    I don't care what you think about the stadium. I care what you think about the owners, because your animosity towards them interests me.
    I think we have the best stadium in the league. I love it. I'm sure it will grow larger and I'm glad we have the owners who seem likely to do that in a way that is sensitive to what we have and in a way that doesn't disrupt our football too much.
    If I wanted a shiny stadium I'd support Spurs or Arsenal. But I want a great team, so I am really happy at the moment. Why you were so unhappy with the owners was the reason I started interacting with you.

"bewilderingly strange" Good wordage - what you describe as fact is in fact your failing memory - which isn't the same thing Taksin - you do see that don't you..?
    ? No, Sorry, you're talking to yourself here

For me the owners are there to acquire the players the manager wants and to do what is best for the long term future of the club. Until Anfield is at least the size that Parry and Moores said was the bare minimum back in 2005/6 when they realised we needed more to compete... I will call out the owners failure in this regard.
    So they ARE failures. Great. Good for you, lad!

Nothing to do with how well run we are or how well run Spurs are Taksin that is your own issue to resolve.
    Not for me to resolve. I think we are well run and better run than Spurs. I know what I think. I could be wrong, but I'm not confused.

When push comes to shove - the crux of this is your IMO whacko belief in the fact that we as a club would be where we are regardless of whether Jurgen was here or not.
    Although I don't believe this and never have, so it's a strange thing to say.

I didn't catch any of your answers BTW..
    I think trying to iron out one simple controversy has proved difficult enough. I'll leave it at that thanks. And that will do for now on the borefest. Best wishes to you, Steveo. If you want to call me a liar and stupid and all that in response to this post, the floor is yours. You win.
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Seriously Bali I am well aware of this and was as desperate as ANYONE that they were removed..!
    Yes, of course. I was a little confused as to what point you were trying to make and how this supported it.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Yes, of course. I was a little confused as to what point you were trying to make and how this supported it.

I was putting the question out there for discussion - looking back over time Arsenal - United and Us as examples -

Are the successful periods and bad periods down to being ‘well Or badly run’ or are they - as I believe more down to the manager, an at times a bit of luck - stars aligning etc.

Let’s face it if Robbins doesn’t score that FA Cup goal Fergie likely loses his job and history is very different. You might be a little young to remember that be honest

@Taksin

I have concluded that you are beyond help - possibly living in a barn....and who hangs on Mourinho’s every word.

A Special case for The Special one...

We are better ehn than spurs.

I was putting the question out there for discussion - looking back over time Arsenal - United and Us as examples -

Are the successful periods and bad periods down to being ‘well Or badly run’ or are they - as I believe more down to the manager, an at times a bit of luck - stars aligning etc.

Let’s face it if Robbins doesn’t score that FA Cup goal Fergie likely loses his job and history is very different. You might be a little young to remember that be honest
    How well a club is run isn't assessed over a year or two, but rather five or ten. The wheels would have come off in 2009 even if we'd won the league. One of the aspects of being well run is the club not falling apart when the results worsen as they inevitably do at some point.

Can't speak to the older examples you gave, I'm too green to remember them.

Edit: Look at 2014 - we failed to win the league but the club didn't almost go bust and was able to dish out decent sums of money for player here and there. It's like we've discussed - the real test for FSG comes after this current good run of form and results ends and / or Klopp leaves.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non